Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Rhyno posted:

They're running out of decent ones. I mean really all they have left is the Rival, Speed Demon and the Russian speed teams. I figure they'll add yet another good guy to the team and bring in Bart/Impulse at some point.

Inertia too, and yeah they used Rival at the beginning of this season.

But like I said they didn't even remotely use Savitar or Zoom's actual origin, just use Speed Demon and change everything about him like they did for those two (hell, they might actually create a better version, that name is wasted on the existing one)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Bobby Digital posted:

What if the Thinker is a misdirect and the big bad is Bell Biv DeVoe?

Their main weapon is Poison

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

MiddleOne posted:

That is what this thread said about Alchemy before the this season began.

But they still explicitly said that one of the big bads would be a speedster, they just implied that Alchemy would be the "other" big bad and not a red herring that got sidelined after the reveal of the real big bad.

So far all we have to go on is that quote where they said it wouldn't be a speedster and the Devoe hints. They could still be lying or whatever, and Devoe might not even be the big bad, but it's not like people are just being overly gullible/optimistic or whatever.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

The thing that sucks the worst is that the dead mother storyline wasn't even Barry's story for like the first 60 years of his comics, it was invented less than 10 years ago by Geoff Johns for whatever stupid reason. Flash was always one of the handful of characters who didn't have death or tragedy in his backstory, he was always just a dude who loved science and exploration and doing the right thing, so he became a police scientist and when he became the Flash started hitting up different dimensions and times. We get glimpses of a happy-go-lucky Barry and I feel like that's what everyone wants and ALSO what comics fans had until super recently.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Rhyno posted:

They used a lot of poo poo from the 1990 show because it was an AWESOME show.

Me wanting to stay up late to watch this show when I was 6 years old is what started my obsession with the Flash.

Also my older cousin leaving the Flash 50th Anniversary Special comic at my house - it had all the Flashes in their different art styles and with facts about all of them in the back, was awesome.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

GobiasIndustries posted:

How many of The Flash's rogue's gallery are still around to show up? I still feel like Barry the murderer killed off a lot of them, and then captured most of 'em when he stopped his killing habit, that could have been great for season-long villains that were totally underutilized.

Mister Element is probably the last semi-significant one that I can think of, I would like to see him done well only because they kinda wasted Alchemy (although they could still very well do something with the stone since they never explained wtf was up with it, presumably something Savitar encountered in the future and decided to use). Maybe Murmur and some of the other Geoff Johns era ones like that playing card dude?

They haven't killed too many of them actually, the main ones have always been Cold, Heatwave, Boomerang, Trickster, Mirror Master, Grodd, Reverse Flash, Pied Piper, Weather Wizard, all of whom are still kicking around in some capacity.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Do y'all need a safe space from being called racist/sexist?

Cause it ain't loving here

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Ojjeorago posted:

Why do you always do this? There's a whole racism subforum for you to shitpost in now.

lol are you serious?

EDIT: this convo is so ridiculous I can't tell who is serious posting or not; for the record my post was largely tongue in cheek but feel free to consider it serious if this was legitimately becoming the "I was called racist/sexist for a stupid reason" story hour. I doubt Rhyno at least was actually doing that tho so

Guy A. Person fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 9, 2017

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Someone tried to imply that I was racist for disliking to non white actors just yesterday in BSS. But they are dumb.

If it was the actor who was not-Ganke I will fight you but otherwise that's fine. I hope you didn't take my joke about needing a safe space personally

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's a pretty nice house for a single working class dad

Too nice apartments/houses have been a thing in TV shows since longer than ever. The Friends' apartment(s) are basically luxury condos in the most expensive city in America.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Aleph Null posted:

How did Thawne poop? Or take a shower? Or brush his teeth?

Like, his cage should have been a miasma of stink and filth.

Are you asking us to explain poo poo? 'Cause I think you know why we don't have to...

he pooped into the Speed Force

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Haha they're using the Samuroids? Welp I guess we finally reached the bottom of the barrel.

Not too concerned about Barry being back, I figured that would either be strongly hinted at if not outright done by the end of the first episode anyway. Would have loved to see Wally get more time as the solo Flash (ideally with Garrick mentoring him like in Wally's actual run) but it's Grant's show after all.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I liked him but at the same time the core cast is getting so big that they could stand to cut someone.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Aleph Null posted:

They need at least three Tom Cavanaugh's on the cast.

They travel to the universe where every character is Tom Cavanaugh

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Rhyno posted:

He stopped being lame the second he did that flawless Joe West impression.

As with literally every character on this show they start being good when they let them do fun poo poo instead of moping around for multiple episodes

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

both are good OP

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Also this is pretty cool news Elongated Man was always buds with Barry so it will be neat to see him on the show.

(they better do the nose twitch)

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I thought the point was that it wouldn't change anything because it doesn't directly apply to the scenario?? It's like if he told her to wear a different sweater that day, it maybe "changes the future" but not in a helpful way at all.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Digging the new title screen logo

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Koalas March posted:

I would love it if they opened with Wally doing the Fastest Man Alive monologue.

Yeah they really do need to do one for him, even just for an episode. Hell, the comics used to do it for other characters all the time once it was an established thing*. I fully expect episode 1 to be largely from Iris's perspective and for her to have the episode 1 monologue talking about Barry's absence.

* maybe they already have in the show too?? I feel like they might've and I just am forgetting

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

howe_sam posted:

Yep, according to the synopsis WB released, Nazis crash Barry and Iris's wedding.

That's so silver age I want to cry tears of joy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yeah but when does something with Fantasy or sci-fi elements happen

:911:

• Locked thread