Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Proposition Joe posted:

Holy poo poo Felicity Smoak was Firestorm's step-mom?? Why the hell was she put on Arrow in the first place? lmfao

Because they never actually meant for her to be a recurring character. She was originally just supposed to be a one off that Oliver went to the one time for some help but her and Stephen Amell worked so well together that they kept bringing her back. She wasn't a series regular until season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pastrymancy posted:

Is Wells still a regular? I stopped watching mid season 2

Yes but they've been unclear about how much he's actually going to be in this season. They've said for sure he isn't in the premier.

Koalas March posted:

I feel like that's the exception to the rule though? I mean consider, Scully/Mulder; Anybody/Anyone on ER; Abbie/Ichabod; Stabler/Benson, Rosewood/Villa, Olivia/Jake.. even Meredith Grey and Derek Shepherd and that's just off the top of my head. I feel like if I dug harder there'd be way more unresolved will-they-wont-they relationships.. but I'm kinda tipsy so.....

Cute Candice gifs!!

Knock this poo poo off.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

greatn posted:

What's the deal with Cavanaugh by the way? Is he in this season? I was kind of hoping we'd get an alive earth 1 Cavanaugh that Barry never killed. Excuse me, that Thawne never killed. Freudian slip.

He's still around as a series regular and he's posted pictures of himself on set to social media. They'll probably come up with some reason for him to show up again for most of the season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was kind of goofy how they just handwaved away how the kid was able to create a giant hologram like that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

Just thought about Barry being Cisco's house guest - in the last episode he was asking Joe and Iris whether he should move out and get his own place, and they were joshing him about how he was finally growing up and acting his age, but didn't Barry have an apartment in the city in season one then moved back in with Joe there? Did Flashpoint change that?

What's Iris's situation at the moment? She was living at home at the start of season one then she went to live with Eddie (her moving out is what prompted Barry to move in, if I recall correctly), but did she go back to live with Joe and Barry in season two? I don't remember.

Weird thing to think about, I know. :shrug:

Seeing as how Eddie died maybe she just stayed in his apartment?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Guy A. Person posted:

I'm sure there'll be references but I think song licensing is a whole different beast

Wouldn't the show characters singing make it a cover? Those have looser rules and don't cost as much.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

Hasn't Oliver been broke since S2? I mean I'm sure he's ok now that he's Mayor.

Oliver is still broke as hell but Thea got all of Merlyn's money after he "died." Also he was mooching off of Felicity for a while since she got all of Ray's money when he "died." So while he personally doesn't have any cash he has plenty available to him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The show really doesn't understand/care how companies work because there was also the thing where Felicity was fired as CEO of Palmertech but she should still technically "own" the company because there's no way that Ray had less than a majority share of the stock.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oroborus posted:

So since the other shows are still airing new episodes this week doesn't that throw off the big cross over?

This is all stuff that was known beforehand so they could plan out where the episodes need to be.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

AbsolutelySane posted:

I could have sworn he vibed the scene we saw, where they fought.

Wasn't she full on Killer Frost in his vibe? This episode she just had some streaks in her hair and was wearing normal clothes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It didn't seem like she was so much becoming "evil" per se but instead was becoming emotionally unstable/distant. So she was willing to hurt people to get what she wanted but she wasn't out kicking puppies for fun.

Something that didn't quite seem to jibe with an earlier episode was how Julian knew who Caitlin was but didn't seem to know her personally but when Barry was adjusting to his new post-Flashpoint timeline Cisco and her said they had met Julian before.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Everybody sure is going to feel stupid when they've spent all this time angry at Barry for changing the timeline and then it turns out that it was all Eobard.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bozart posted:

I just like that Barry used his speed to learn poo poo instead of being a complete dumbass (yes I know it didn't help but still, Ollie told him he has the time to be prepared for every loving thing but I guess he spends all day being an idiot or what I don't even)

He's said before that speed reading like that only works short term and that it doesn't stick.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Knormal posted:

Every time they lock someone in one of their Science Jailcells I just keep focusing on how there's no bathroom in it.

That's a pretty standard thing in movies and TV. They never have practical jail cells.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is it just me or was Iris way over-dressed for a party that was just their close friends?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They explained it in the episode, HR was feeling kind of useless so he created a project to make himself seem important.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You're probably supposed to assume that they're still doing stuff together like going to bars, they just don't show it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think Savitar is future Julian. He's a character who is intimately familiar with the group, has reasons to dislike Barry, isn't a member of the main cast so he's disposable and when he was originally cast they said that Julian was an established character.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Probably the most unrealistic thing about the episode was Julian still being around 7 years later. You know Tom Felton isn't hanging around that long.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Black Lightning would probably be kind of hard to fold into the CW-verse as the premise is that he used to be a hero and has teenage daughters who also have powers and that's why he's picking it back up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So apparently a thing they're going to go into is Barry's message to Rip which they originally made you think was about Flashpoint/Invasion but instead was actually about Barry becoming Savitar.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bentacos posted:

Are we not gonna talk about how the legends never went to Siberia in 1892?

Wasn't that the bit where Snart pretended to kill Mick?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, I was also really disappointed that Barry's plan of "let's be really super nice to Savitar" didn't work. It would have been a nice solution to a villain who was doing bad stuff not because he was evil but because he had severe emotional problems. They could have solved his problem by looking for an Earth that didn't have a Barry Allen (like, you know, Supergirl's) and sending him there to start a new life as the Flash.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

So how long will Barry be gone next season? And why will the Barryless episodes be the best in a long time?

Season 4 opens with them getting Barry out of the trap.

"Good thing we figured out how to get you out of there!"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

howe_sam posted:

I thought she was being held by Argus...or wait, that was after she showed up in Star City wasn't it.

Yeah, surprise surprise Flash writers aren't consistent

Black Siren was part of Prometheus' plan in Arrow and has been running around free for a while.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Invalid Validation posted:

Remember for a couple episodes in season one when Barry had to eat a lot? He should have food in his hands at all times.

Ah yes, the Brad Pitt in Ocean's 11 acting technique.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

8one6 posted:

I like to assume that Shipp!Garrick had the exact same adventurers as Shipp!Flash did on the 90s show.

Well, we know that some of the stuff from the 90s Flash show actually happened, just without the Flash being around. Mark Hamill played the Trickster on that show and they used still images of it to talk about his crime spree in one of the episodes with him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Green Lantern bit was from Arrow, there was a flashback to Oliver in Coast City and in it you saw a glimpse of a guy wearing a jacket with the name "Jordan" on it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was super loving weird when last season they did the amnesia episode and were all "Man, Barry sure is fun when he's happy and not moping. Well, can't have that any more!" back to sadville.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

howe_sam posted:

We could ask the Harrison Wells of Earth-1...oh wait, Thawne killed him.

He also murdered Simon Stagg way back in season one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Danny Trejo is showing up to menace Cisco as Gypsy's dad.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently they're doing another musical episode. Hopefully they can fix up the little annoying bits from the last one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Things aren't looking good for Julian. Tom Felton's character is reportedly getting written off the show in the season premier. Supposedly in a way that will leave it open for him to return but, you know, seriously doubt it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gorelab posted:

I also realize that I have no clue what the difference between Plastic Man and Elongated Man is except Plastic Man showed up in Brave and the Bold way more.

Plastic Man can change his shape, Elongated Man can stretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Katee Sackhoff will be a recurring villain next season. She'll play Amunet Black aka Blacksmith. In the comics she's a meta with the ability to reshape metal and on the show she'll be running a black market for metas.

• Locked thread