Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Koalas March posted:

Yeah they really need to do better for both women on this show tbh. Caitlin is supposed to be a brilliant scientist with an icy exterior who warms up when she cares about you. Not some starstruck girl who tells people with concussions to take naps.

I still have hope.. idk why.

Here is an advanced review: http://flashtvnews.com/the-flash-season-3-premiere-advance-review-flashpoint/25907

Interesting bits:
Barry Allen has almost everything he wants in this new world… except for one thing: Iris, who doesn’t really know him well in this altered reality, yet seems drawn to him in the same way he is to her. This season premiere might be one of the best uses of Candice Patton’s Iris in the series, giving her ample and deserved screen time as an important part of Barry Allen’s life (or lives). In a world of unreality, Iris seems to offer Barry a dose of reality, and I like that The Flash recognizes that Iris (and Candice) are an integral part of this story.

What else is there to say? Joe West in the Flashpoint world is a shell of the Joe we know; also, there is a surprise guest appearance that I don’t think has been spoiled yet. I hope it is not spoiled because it had me grinning from ear to ear. And, yes, Keiynan Lonsdale’s Wally is Kid Flash and the costume looks really cool – though his frequent blurring is a little distracting. If the mask doesn’t hide his face enough, then maybe he needs a better mask.

I'm choosing to believe that Barry will undo the new world because he's a bloodthirsty monster he needs Iris to be his "sister" because that is his kink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Koalas March posted:

Now let's talk about season 3. I hope Iris gets a good journalism arc and serves up some of this! 💘😍

Please writers give her something to do besides being Barry's cheerleader #5 and being his love interest

in before she turns into Felicity

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Koalas March posted:

literally my goal was to fan a fun thread with positivity

doing a good job so far!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

8one6 posted:

AAAAAAAAANYWAY since it's a given that Bary will kill metahumans to sate the speedforce-fueled bloodlust that courses through his veins, what percentage of the metahumans this season will survive the encountering the blood-red blur?

The survivors, if any, may wish they were dead when the alternative is STAR labs solitary even though Iron Heights can hold metas now

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

Y'know, that was a profoundly hosed up thing Thawne made Barry do.

He should've refused and made Barry do it. Step up your villain game Thawne.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

He was also Caesar in the last season of Spartacus.

I know how Barry can defeat him :dong:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

So why weren't Time Wraiths hunting Barry down after he changed poo poo?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zebulon posted:

Flashdad has to lay down the loving law.

Best part of the episode for sure. "Stop it you little shithead and take a second to listen to me."

gninjagnome posted:

Hey, that wasn't No Lunch Supermax?!

It has a toilet! And actual space for moving around!

:laugh: don't worry Caitlin nothing changed with you because you were such a non factor last season.

Also I am glad new meta CSI guy can see what a monster Barry is.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mr Beens posted:

Barry and Draco's last conversation was basically Dexter and "Suprise Mother fucker" guy.

Draco "Doakes" Malfoy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Stealthed Zombie posted:

I mean Wally is gonna find out that he had powers in Flashpoint and seek out Doctor Alchemy or something right?

I'm surprised the episode didn't end with him talking to Alchemy

or trying to talk to another speeding car

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

So Mirror Master got his power because he was on a mirror when the explosion occurred. I guess he was lucky he wasn't taking a dump when it happened.

"I'm sorry I stopped kissing you in front of our dad Iris. Even that is too much for me."

Should've gone with cowboy Wells. :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Stunt Rock posted:

I think this Wells bites it and we get yet another Wells.

He should die at the end of every episode and we get a new Wells at the start of the next.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

They wouldn't have this problem if they went with cowboy Wells. :colbert: He probably would have tried to lasso that hologram monster too.

Woo for Caitlin plot advancement? Pretty poo poo episode overall.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:rip: Wally. Turned into some kind of lava pillar or whatever. Don't touch talking rocks kids

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mornil posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Julian's girlfriend winds up being Alchemy (and Julian is the one who ultimately plays a key role in defeating her). The mention of a previously unknown girlfriend seemed too forced for her to not wind up being important in the end.

She'll also probably wind up being a new version of Patti. In S2 she was already a big fan of Barry's metahuman-related case reports before she ever met him in person; in this new timeline those case reports probably would have been written by Julian instead?

Surprise twist: Julian's girlfriend is Patty :twisted:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Look if Barry can't win against an opponent by going faster than he just can't win.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Look he taught Barry how to throw lightning :science:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'm sure some people will handwave away all complaints about Zoom because "he's crazy".

He can be crazy and poorly written.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The beatdown that Savitar gave Barry wasn't nearly as brutal as the one that Zoom gave him last season.

Thankfully Caitlin was there with the verbal beatdown :v:

Caitlin and Julian said nothing wrong :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I love that Wally doesn't need a suit for friction or whatever. I bet the writers forgot. Or maybe he is the prodigal son of the speedforce and he doesn't gotta explain poo poo.

Diggle still owning.

Scyantific posted:

Diggle is easily the best part of the crossover already.

:yeah:

Ahahahahah Sara trying to give Barry poo poo about changing the timeline.

I love that Barry didn't clown all the humans in like 0.1 seconds. Thankfully the dominators are stupid and took all the most worthless members of the team for the Arrow episode.

nooneofconsequence posted:

when are they gonna fight the aliens!

Supergirl already beat the poo poo out of all them without even trying!

e:

Digital Jedi posted:

Dig and Kara are clearly the best in the show.

The team up next year can be Kara, Dig and Mick doing stuff. Maybe Wally too if he turns out to be interesting.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Nov 30, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

THE WRONG KID DIED

At this point I'm not sure they would be wrong.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Should've thrown the box into the sun

or dump it into earth-2 like everything else they throw in there. I want to see Grodd team up with Savitar

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why does the god of speed have a wrist blade?

To put speed holes in his enemies to make them go faster. Wait...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

Does Iris have a job anymore?

Being Barry's cheerleader is a fulltime job. Just look at everyone else in STAR labs.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

They better get Doogie Howser

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dr Caitlyn Snow: too dumb to recharge a battery

"I swear on both of my dead parents who I failed that I will totally keep you alive" :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I like how they are assuming their stupid plan of changing certain events will save Iris. Good thing the news ticker didn't show the stock market values or sports scores.

"Barry you have to change who wins march madness."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

No you see they need the museum to explain how they are still operational. As opposed to that not being an issue ever or just telling everyone they got a grant from someone.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

I'm glad Iris is finally being reckless reporter lady who gets herself into trouble.

"How dangerous could tracking down arms dealers be? I don't die until May" :v: Iris you are not very smart and it doesn't mean you can't die earlier.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spergatory posted:

"Can you really do it, Barry? Take a life? Besides the dozens you've already taken?"

I laughed pretty hard at that part.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 22, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

It's a real shame that no one on Earth-1 has heard of guns to take on the gorillas.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

I love that it wasn't even a plot by Harry, its just something that Wally kind of accidently walked into and Harry was just like "eh, this could maybe work... why not?"

No he definitely did it on purpose. He said something first and Wally interpreted it as "Don't worry we will visit you a lot" and then Harry tried again and Wally took the bait.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mooseontheloose posted:

So...Wally is Savitar?

It was me Barry, it was me all along!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WhyteRyce posted:

This show would be better without Joe West's kids. Biological or adopted

I'm ready for the Law and Order: Central City spinoff :doink:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Just lock her in no lunch supermax on the day she is supposed to die. :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Just lock her in no lunch supermax on the day she is supposed to die. :v:

Actually take a daytrip with Iris to earth-2 or any other earth the day she's gonna die.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WhyteRyce posted:

Maybe Barry is secretly a psychopath and tosses all his ex-girlfriends into the Speedforce as part of his collection.

Patty is Savitar :tinfoil:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bozart posted:

Savitar is the offspring of rip hunter and gideon, only made possible by the misuse of the spear of destiny.

Certainly explains why he looks like a Transformer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Is that all you want Barry? sure you dont want to try and save your old buddy Eddie? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

Iris should just move to Star City. The Arrow team could actually use an investigative journalist. She would have a reason to exist in the plot beyond being a love interest.

Send her to National City so she can be a terrible reporter like Kara was and get fired.

Snapper Carr don't take no poo poo.

• Locked thread