Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Oh hey we're a few steps below Super Gitmo. Super Abu Ghraib.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

howe_sam posted:

So, uh, how much time has passed since last season?

They haven't said how long yet but if I had to guess, a few months. Barry seems pretty acclimated to the differences in the world.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh, sounds like we have a confirmation. His mom mentioned he'd been creepin' on Iris for 3 months.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Apparently without Barry Joe's life went to poo poo. What the hell.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Guy A. Person posted:

If Wally is still in town I wonder if Iris's mother is as well? In which case maybe it was a situation where without Barry to raise Joe went and found her, and trying to take care of her took its toll

Oh, gently caress, that's a good point. She's have only recently died if she did stick around or Joe got her back.

Edit: Oh man. Wally got his powers while illegally street racing. AND Iris already knows. :allears:

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 5, 2016

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Guy A. Person posted:

This Reverse Flash rules

All versions of Thawne own.

Him making GBS threads all over Barry and laughing as his world collapses around him is priceless.

Edit: Aaaahahhaa. "Did you just kidnap her?" "No! I. Uh. Maybe."

Edit 2: "Have I been kidnapped?" "Unclear."

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 5, 2016

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

It really is nice to see Flash getting back to some of those season 1 moments of levity and sheer goofiness.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Lets be honest, Barry dunking on the dude was pretty sweet.

And oh man. Joe gettin' that sweet killshot in.

Bets on Barry's reassertion of Flashness stealing the speedforce from Wally and loving him over?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Thawne is twisting that knife sooooo good.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Y'know, that was a profoundly hosed up thing Thawne made Barry do.

The real question is figuring out what the gently caress Thawne did to make it even worse now.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh man. Thawne purposefully hosed with things to get rid of Iris. Juuuuust to be a dick.

And apparently we get main timeline Rival. And Dr. Alchemy.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Barry just can't breaking things. Timelines, people, laws, ethical and personal boundaries...

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Barry broke Cisco :smith:

Barry broke loving everything. Including somehow dig's kid.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 12, 2016

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

rival really needs a better costume

It's a pretty appropriate costume for some dude who's a whiny edgelord.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Flashdad has to lay down the loving law.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Best part of the episode for sure. "Stop it you little shithead and take a second to listen to me."

"I may not be your real dad but so help me I'll take off my belt and beat the sense into you like it never got the chance to, Barry."

Seriously, I loved him PULLING HIS rear end OUT OF THE TIMESTREAM to Dad the gently caress up and tell him that he can't keep fixing everything via the nuclear option. It's something desperately needed and FlashDad just has the luck of being the one person Barry would actually listen to that sort of talk from.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

I love that Wells can't stop doing "not!" sarcastically, as if still stuck in the '90s.

Also immediately realizing Barry was a dumb bitch and messed with time. Again.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Harsh, Joe.

"You're more like a second daughter, Barry."

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Wally you dumb gently caress.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Stealthed Zombie posted:

I mean Wally is gonna find out that he had powers in Flashpoint and seek out Doctor Alchemy or something right?

That's pretty much what I'm expecting, given how much pussyfooting around saying it is going on.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Aaaaw poo poo.

Wells stole Cisco's gig again and loving sniped him on it.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Man of all the times murdering a dude would be justified, freezing the rear end in a top hat trying to imprison you to exploit your body for his own personal gain via medical testing seems pretty high up there.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Spergatory posted:

Were those drumsticks that HR just whipped out?

Apparently so.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Spergatory posted:

"I know things can be hard at your age, but trust me, it does get better... not for you though. You're going to prison, and they are going to eat you alive. Good luck!"

They trade people like you as currency, kid.

Stunt Rock posted:

Tom Felton might as well be playing Draco again.

Seems like it, yep.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Not going to lie when they started getting into HR just being an idea man and not having any use on the implementation side of things I half expected goonygoon to be offered a job at Star Labs to replace him.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Wouldn't a good Grodd basically just be the Ultra-Humanite, instead?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oracle posted:

I thought the evil Dr. Wells/Thawne left Barry a big confessional tape wherein he left all of Wells' money to them and confessed to all the murders and such with the caveat that while it would free his dad it still wouldn't make him happy?

Yep. Thawne confessed to the murders and left everything to Barry just to prove that getting everything he wanted in life would still not be enough to make him happy.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

I feel at this point, you could basically go "Eobard did [THING HERE]. What a dick!" and it would be 100% appropriate in every circumstance.

And that's what makes him the best Flash villain the show has. I can't wait to see him more on Legends of Tomorrow.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

The Evil Wells, not to be confused with Dickish But Not Evil Wells.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Well, glad that's not getting dragged out any further.

Except now it is Cisco's turn to be an idiot and keep secrets. Sure.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Guy A. Person posted:

I can't decide which Wells I love best but H.R. might be a front runner

It's hard to beat Harry's dickishness or Thawne's smugness, but H.R. is growing on me.

edit: Iris just knocked Wally the gently caress out. G'drat.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Nov 16, 2016

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh gently caress. Another Gorilla City hint?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Uh. Well. Zanatar, the god of speed by the sound of it?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

hiddenriverninja posted:

The horror when Caitlyn processes that everything is Barry's fault is pretty great.

Killer Frost, not the hero this world deserves but definitely the one it needs to stop the time traveling monster Barry Allen.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

God, the "Jay is Zoom" twist is such a mess. Jay is a total non-character. We're not invested in him at all, even after half a season. We're supposed to buy that this is another big betrayal, but it's not. He's hardly in the show. And what is the purpose? What is the point of this? "It's very good for Barry to trust his friends, except sometimes when it's not." Except Jay wasn't his friend. He was just some guy who turned up sometimes.

I'm also pretty sure they were just making it up as they went along, as evidenced by Zoom bringing the dead Jay home and being like "Well this is a complication." I don't think the writers had any idea what they wanted with this season. It's a shame, because on a per-episode basis there's plenty of good stuff. Everything with Joe and Iris' mom is very good. Their relationship makes sense, it's nuanced, they act like real people. A lot of the stuff with the team and the new Wells is good. There are some decent monster-of-the-week things. But god, the metaplot is a disaster.

Pretty sure several interviews with the show runners suggested that they somehow thought that Jay's sporadic appearances would in fact be enough emotional investment to lead to it feeling like a real betrayal. Season 2 has some real fun episodes, and some real good episodes, but overall the season as a whole feels incredibly flat due to the lack of any clear direction with Jay and Zoom. Even if it did give us Harry and King Motherfuckin' Shark.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Mortanis posted:

I do wonder if they're pulling a swerve with Caitlin and Cisco. Caitlin's been slated to be Killer Frost since the end of Season 1 and it's been teased and toyed with so heavily, and then in this episode it looksl ike she's pulling the trigger and comes back from the brink. On the other hand Cisco's got some seething anger building and I'm wondering if Vibe might not wind up going dark side.

Would be a cute way of handling the whole "I vibed us fighting!" thing if it turns out Cisco is the one who goes rogue and she's trying to stop him.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

AbsolutelySane posted:

I could have sworn he vibed the scene we saw, where they fought.

Didn't look the same to me, aside it being dark out. Could be wrong though.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Everyone's motivations actually make sense. They're more focused on the overall season plot. Characters are allowed to have fun.

That last one is probably the most important part. The show feels FUN again.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

spookygonk posted:

With Barry's voiceover in season one he sounds so upbeat about being the fastest man alive, now in season three he seems so "Meh" about the whole thing, just phoning it in.

Hard to be upbeat about it when the writers are determined to prove it wrong at every chance they can find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh hey, this weird alien ship just faceplanted into the middle of the city. Better touch it when I can't even reach the rest of the team to communicate any useful information.

• Locked thread