Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I feel like it should have some under construction GIFs for the full experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Having annihilated an entire universe, Barry is finally, truly happy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

Is that why she left the cast? I hope she comes back :ohdear:

They wrote her off because of huge negative feedback since people wanted him to be with Iris.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Iris doesn't actually have journalism skills.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

You would think that whole thing about her only being hired because she knew the Flash would spur her prove them all wrong and show she's a good journalist on her own merits. Or maybe give up on journalism and do something else. Or, y'know, any sort of arc at all.

Yeah, that was weird.

It's the most obvious setup for either of those storylines and then they did neither.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There were already big rumors that Batwoman would appear on Supergirl.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Reddit poo poo has to stop.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The dumb topic policing gimmick he's trying to do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Positive and On Topic isn't possible, this is a bad show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe let's not spread unsubstantiated misogynist MRA rumors.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This is the first step on the path to Felicity.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ville Valo posted:

Can we please have a new thread that talks about Go Fast and King Shark and what songs Music Meister will be singing? Get this poo poo outta my superhero trash tv.

Second.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Times Barry has destroyed the universe for Caitlin: 0

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Koalas March posted:

I live at the poverty level and my mobile plan is basically nothing. It loads fine on my mobile and don't act like you claiming there's a problem loading gifs on phones that has anything to do with the person who told me to stop.

Like if there was a problem someone would've told me at near the OP, not 4 pages later when coincidentally, the incest fetishists and racists mocking black children come out to play.

Does your mobile plan load that blue star beside his name?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cool thanks for the update.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah I'm going to have to make some adjustments to my list of superhero TV show thread opinions to follow now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The cast from other shows have been talking about it, so I think it will touch them but probably only around the crossover or something.

They're not going to use something that has never been addressed on their shows like that, it would be crazy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They already did 1, you probably forgot because they didn't go anywhere with it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They don't have to do that, they can just have someone dub new dialogue and use the old footage.

"Hello friend Barry. You look tense, let me show you this new sonic massage machine I developed. Don't forget to scream out the tenseness in your muscles, that's how it escapes the body."

"Happy birthday, Cisco! I have your present right here, let me just cut it from my flesh. I had it placed there so I could be sure you wouldn't find where I'd hidden it. By the way this toiletless, no lunch steam room you created is the best!"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

i'm a little more optimistic now that i know flashpoint was just a one-off and not like, half of the entire season

i'm still doubtful they'll fix the problems i had with season 2 but i'll give them a chance to change my mind

The Flashpoint universe itself was one episode but an altered universe is permanent now.

We're in the New 52 now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was a lovely Flashpoint. We needed some time coming apart at the seams, natural disasters, you know some kind of actual threat besides headaches and losing your memories of the lovely reality you came from.

Rocksicles posted:

To be fair, the movie did it in an hour and a half with the entire roster of characters.

And the comic was only 5 issues. That's like 100 pages.

Unkempt posted:

Go into past, take mom back into future with you while burning down house on the way out. Simple.

(Leave a spare corpse in there if you have to, not going to be hard for Barry to find one of those lying around.)

Time isn't Law and Order, I don't think you can trick it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Barry who did that can't exist without suffering the tragedy of his mother's murder as a child.

Time doesn't just say "Oh, a Barry's mom died. Whatever."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thawne will never make sense anymore. Don't worry about it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"He should be healing. But he's not. Okay bye" was pretty incredible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Time wraiths are for time traveling, not alternate timelines. Barry only traveled for about 2 minutes, then went back.

Alternate timelines are Booster Gold's job, and he blew it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Great thanks, any Tumblr updates?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr Beens posted:

That was poo poo.
Lol at all the people bigging up "Flashpoint" since the end of last season and how much effect it was going to have on this show and the others.

It changed the only thing this show is about, Barry and Iris.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He looks like every 3rd guy on TV.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

libertao posted:

What happened to time wraiths and the debilitating headaches he got when he made significant changes to the timeline?

Time wraiths only go after people outside their own time. If you hosed with time but returned to your present, you're clear. Mostly.

Except when it's not true.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think he stepped back a bit intentionally to put some distance between him and Harry Potter.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arrow's not going to touch it until a crossover.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Both Arrow episodes were a million times better than these Flash episodes, so keep that stink away.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She wasn't successful, he gutted a guy this week.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The more important change is no Flash.

Really Oliver should be dead. Barry directly saved his life a couple of times.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

greatn posted:

Well so did Cisco

They actually had Joe say "that's right around the corner" when the alert came up to cover that one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy A. Person posted:

I don't think this created a new timeline since basically all he did was talk to a dying woman (which now that's unfortunately erased and his mom has the most frightening version of her death instead, nice going Bar')

He didn't stick around in it but it still would have created one.

MiddleOne posted:

I have no memory at all of this.

You must not have watched both sides.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They should all create alternate timelines, but not all of them have altered the prime timeline that most episodes take place in.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guys what if I run fast?

Good thinking Barry, that might work.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

AbstractNapper posted:

Is Wells' annoying "...not!" supposed to be a side-effect to his character due to the Flashpoint events?

Flashpoint didn't touch Earth 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I like that they kept the Smallville tradition of superspeed being way better off-screen.

Barry took care of that problem in a split second. If it was on screen he'd have dropped down to normal speed for no reason.

• Locked thread