Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Tiggum posted:

I assumed that this episode was going to include the mission "Miller Time".

I'll be honest, I sorta forgot that mission was called that. I have a habit of tuning out the inferior Miller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

also IIRC the areas where you get extra adrenaline tend to have more and more insane traffic making it easier to find vehicle targets

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I always have terrible luck and spend so much time waiting for traffic to spawn and then running back and forth constantly missing the cars except for those few who slow down enough not to do anything. Even at the right areas. :downs:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Yeah, the tower climbs are always real hard until you get wall-

GET hosed VILE :argh:

Run. But then as you showed, much more pleasant with it.

Sophia the 3rd would like to have a word with you about tanks being able to jump or not :colbert:

Poil posted:

I always have terrible luck and spend so much time waiting for traffic to spawn and then running back and forth constantly missing the cars except for those few who slow down enough not to do anything. Even at the right areas. :downs:

Yeah. While I appreciate the theory of the minigame, in practice I always end up hating the goddamned thing. Especially if I want Gold :sigh: and that's with it being as easy as it has ever been in Saints 4, thanks to being able to launch yourself a mile with super powers.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Section Z posted:

Yeah, the tower climbs are always real hard until you get wall-run.

Actually, last time I played I just did the first one with a helicopter, and that was the only one I didn't have wall-run for. And whether you miss clusters because you used a helicopter or because you jumped/ran straight past them, you can always make your way back down the tower to grab them. I usually end up missing a couple per tower even then though and come back to get them later with one of the small flying vehicles.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I don't get people who use vehicles in this game. Like, running and jumping around is just so much better.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Krysmphoenix posted:

I don't get people who use vehicles in this game. Like, running and jumping around is just so much better.

The vehicles are also fun though. Mixing it up keeps it fresh.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I really like the Zin hovercar with the turret on top. It's surprisingly nice, even if not being allowed to customize it means it will never be as tough as making a 3 wheeler Pulse with all the trimmings (Why do I love that stupid thing mostly seen ridden by mascots so much?).

Sadly, it's named the exact same way as the more common Assert's without a turret. And while you can see them at your hub garage screen, summoning vehicles with your phone gives no visual representation.

Which also makes it a bitch to track which thing is which if you've got more than one anything, or just forgot the name of which helicopter you liked :argh: "Okay. let's see. Oppressor, that's got to be a kickass helicopter right?... It's a completely unarmed normal helicopter. okay then."

Cool vehicle collection is also part of why I don't like how quick the Zin are to replace normal law enforcement. It makes it basically impossible to see cool stuff like swat vans and APCs, and I've always loved making it a point to steal a collection of those. Many times when they show up inside of missions, they are magcally locked so I can't steal them :sigh:

Not like there is a shortage of cool things, in and out of rides. But you all know how it goes with "But that one was my favorite!"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The rapid escalation of enemy types is one of this game's weakest points. Especially if you're trying to use some of the weapons you get later to go on a fun rampage. You run into marauders and murderbots almost instantly and then a warden shortly after.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren: New Episode! :siren:

Let's Play Saints Row IV Episode 5 - It's Still Miller Time But It's The Lame Miller Instead Of Kaz

I'm super good at titles

Danaru fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Oct 8, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm only hearing your voice, which I assume is unintended since you are clearly talking with someone else.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

You know it's really Miller Time when Bev/Grace doesn't even make it into the episode.

Danaru posted:

I'm super good at titles

Hey, you named all the episodes of the Superhot LP!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
God dammit I don't know how I keep doing this :saddowns: I'll get it fixed in a bit

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
And fixed! I didn't change a drat thing, I just reencoded it and this time it didn't forget Grace's audio track. For once it wasn't explicitly my fault

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Basically, every change you make at the plastic surgeon's will change your meatspace character, but changes to your wardrobe won't.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dan in Saints Row: "I'm invincible, I'm so good at video games"
Dan in Kengo: "I'm not even playing and I want to quit"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CirclMastr posted:

Dan in Saints Row: "I'm invincible, I'm so good at video games"
Dan in Kengo: "I'm not even playing and I want to quit"

Saints Row 4 actually has content :colbert:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Every time I play Mind Over Murder™ I am very :argh: that throwing a person inside a car or riding a motorcycle through a hoop spits out an error message.

Listen pal. It's an airport luggage cart, AND a person. If anything you should be giving me bonus points :colbert:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

Saints Row 4 actually has content :colbert:

So you're saying you're invincible but only when not in danger?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Saints Row IV Episode 6 - An Excellent Gun

In this episode, Grace learns that the PS4 touch pad thing sucks, and that the Black Hole gun is awesome. Also I think we beat up a vampire anime, we sorta run the gambit in this one.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Saints Row IV Episode 6 - An Excellent Gun

In this episode, Grace learns that the PS4 touch pad thing sucks, and that the Black Hole gun is awesome. Also I think we beat up a vampire anime, we sorta run the gambit in this one.

Nyte Blayde is not anime, it's some kind of paranormal teen action/soap opera.

Also, how did it take you so long to kill that warden?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Tiggum posted:

It's a CW show.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Are you going to show the "romance" scenes for the crew?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Tiggum posted:

Also, how did it take you so long to kill that warden?

The first 5 episodes were recorded back in August, these next 5 were in September. between those two sessions we both sorta forgot how to play :v: Episode 11 will be the first one that was actually recorded while this thread exists.

Also Nyteblade might not be an anime, but it's an anime at heart :colbert:

CirclMastr posted:

Are you going to show the "romance" scenes for the crew?

A couple so far, I'll pick up the rest some time too

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Danaru posted:

Also Nyteblade might not be an anime, but it's an anime at heart :colbert:

Nyteblade is a cross between an anime and an action TV star from the 80s.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I don't use the DLC elements all that much, but I love the money Telekinesis because of how funny it is.

It acts like normal TK, except Instead of costing money, you slowly drain the pocket change from people with a fun satisfying sound effect. It could be confirmation bias, but I've noticed that civilians wearing business suits always have at least a thousand internet dollars.

Grace would probably be a huge fan of the Explosive Telekinesis. It turns people into ticking timebombs :buddy: so I'm expecting one of the upcoming episodes to have them realize it (and promptly throw an exploding civilian at Dan)

On a co-op question, do gang upgrades work? And if so, do revive timer buffs increase your own timer, or your co-op partner's?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Section Z posted:

I don't use the DLC elements all that much, but I love the money Telekinesis because of how funny it is.

It acts like normal TK, except Instead of costing money, you slowly drain the pocket change from people with a fun satisfying sound effect.

I used that and the buff one a lot just because it's tedious trying to get enough cache to upgrade all the weapons you want. I can't imagine a reason to ever use the bling element for stomp or blast since it costs money instead of making it.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Tiggum posted:

I used that and the buff one a lot just because it's tedious trying to get enough cache to upgrade all the weapons you want. I can't imagine a reason to ever use the bling element for stomp or blast since it costs money instead of making it.

I'd use it if I just really, really didn't feel like putting up with a Warden right then. But since you need to use powers to bring down their shields too, even the bleedhthrough effects have never felt worth it compared to busting out even an upgraded shotgun.

Speaking of Wardens, I wonder if the blast duration upgrade is buggy. Because even with me getting back into the game recently, once I upgraded duration wardens went from a useful amount of time frozen, to breaking free super fast :sigh:

It's made using the alien rocket launcher (with upgrades) on wardens basically loving pointless, even if I freeze them first. Because they will invariably unfreeze super fast and dodge. When previously I could take my sweet loving time before I upgraded.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 14, 2016

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
From what I remember, the Bling Blast has a comically fast recharge speed. But it doesn't matter because the elements you already get are fine and Explosion-Blast is about the most unfair thing you can throw into a fight.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

YggiDee posted:

From what I remember, the Bling Blast has a comically fast recharge speed. But it doesn't matter because the elements you already get are fine and Explosion-Blast is about the most unfair thing you can throw into a fight.

I confess I love explosion blast, when most or all of your movement powers are upgraded it turns you into a human predator drone and it's glorious.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Saints Row IV Episode 7 - Nyteblade: The Anime: The Fanfiction

Somehow we manage to break the game slightly, in an attempt to fix it, we do the following:

-Viciously murder Matt Miller with an unreasonable amount of fire
-Accidentally hurl Nyteblade into the stratosphere
-"You know what, just kill everyone!"
-Covering Nyteblade's car with plungers
-Viciously murder Matt Miller with a car
-Joyride Nyteblade's car into the harbour

Somehow these things don't work.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

You know, it helps to use boost before you start ramming the blockades in that running game.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I can't believe how wrong you are about Nyte Blayde. Matt Miller's fanfiction is 100% true to the source.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Tiggum posted:

I can't believe how wrong you are about Nyte Blayde. Matt Miller's fanfiction is 100% true to the source.

Which is just further evidence that Nyte Blade sucks.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Between the writer's strike and the planet being annihilated from orbit, Nyteblade's ratings are at an all time low. Its sorta sad, really.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
What are you taking about? A full third of the human race is currently watching it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Saints Row IV Episode 8 - Dan and Grace Fight A Giant loving Soda

Grace has an impressive sense of direction, in that it's impressive that he managed to get lost on a squiggly, yet completely linear route.

Also, good news! We saved Pierce in time for him to participate in 100 Foot Robot Golf! Also this game is amazing and you should get it if you don't already own it.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Sorry to ruin your fun/threadcanon but I'm pretty sure this is why you can't Romance Keith David

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

If I remember right, in one of his responses to the "romance" option he mentions being upset about his wife dying when the earth got blown up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Airwolf theme is played out, you say?

• Locked thread