Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Turns out Joe Magarac is a real folk-lore thing and not made up for Saints Row also proving that Steelport is Pittsburg.

(Also, Miller, not Scottish but Croatian)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren: New Episode! :siren:

Let's Play Saints Row IV Episode 9 - Stealth Mission

If you want to go up or down a ladder, just press the Action Button by the ladder. Approach the ladder and press the Action Button to climb it.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

hang on - asha-simulation Boss looks a LOT like Archer.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Asha's missions are the worst, and as a character she is, at best, completely unnecessary. The game would be better if she weren't in it.

Also, the thing with your character getting replaced by a completely generic version is dumb an makes no sense, and the boss is totally justified in his interpretation of her greatest fear. If it's not about him, why is it an evil version of him? The whole thing is dumb.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

why did they swap faces anyway? Is it for the villain 'stache? Because just have evil-boss not have facial hair then.

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!

double nine posted:

Because just have evil-boss not have facial hair then.

But then how can it be an evil twin?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've always used French Boss (female 2) so I never realized that she's the only one to call Matt Miller 'Matthew'. Huh.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

In SR2 you put nuclear material in Maero's tattoo ink AND you made him crush his girlfriend with a monster truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQU8HbqwwaI

Cyrus Temple references this scene in SR3. I actually liked how dark SR2 could get sometimes.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I should note, the Boss killed Maero's girlfriend because she put out a hit on Carlos, the guy who busts you out of prison at the start of SR2 and basically the first member of the New Saints. She has him chained to the back of a truck and dragged around the docks for a while.

https://youtu.be/pOYh5MziFKU

Also Maero's a dick but all the homies have short conversations with all the other homies, so I think it's interesting just from a character/story perspective, there are some neat little gems buried in there.

Also I'm impressed that you two do as well as you do in co-op, SRIV is not a particularly stable game at the best of times and is clearly resisting your teamwork at every turn.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Being drunk off their asses probably isn't helping

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
drat, Margaret Thatcher slam outta nowhere this ep

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

That driving exhibition in Pierce's mission reminds me when we drove sideways backward in Just Cause 2.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Saints Row IV Episode 10 - Get In The Car, Loser

Fun fact! This is the last episode we did before the thread started, Episode 11 will be the first episode we've recorded less than a month ago :v:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Pretty sure Shaundi would be down for that date.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

CirclMastr posted:

Pretty sure Shaundi would be down for that date.

Fun Shaundi would. Not sure about new Shaundi.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Fun Shaundi would. Not sure about new Shaundi.

Even new Shaundi was shown to be dating just about anyone once.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Saints Row IV Episode 11 - Hail to the King

I feel bad since I barely played the first game :( Regardless, if King wants someone dead, you can assume that you do too.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

In this episode, you might say Dan is a battered corn dog.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Good lord, that sausage flapping in the wind when flying. :gonk:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Saints Row IV Episode 12 - Deleted From Presidency

I uh, I'm pretty fuckin sure that wasn't supposed to happen, but holy poo poo am I glad it did.

Also Asha I'm trying real hard to defend you from people calling you boring, but you're super not helping.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

It actually was supposed to happen. The alien drugs remove the power cooldowns for that mission.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm sure you probably figured it out by now after that video. But in Saints 4 during free roam, holding down on the D-pad will copy your stolen vehicle into your garage list. (Which also works for stolen copters and planes). So you don't have to bring it all the way to a Rimjobs to save it.

Super :argh: that all my attempts at stealing SWAT APCs and turret sporting Humvees during missions are thwarted by either impenetrable door locks and windows. I know there are better vehicles, but I think those are cool and it's my biggest pet peeve about how immediately wanted levels override everything with the same old Zin vehicles. Even if I have a soft spot for the turret mounted version of their hover car.... Which has the same name as the one without it...

God I wish calling up a ride on your phone had pictures. "Okay, which one of these identical names is the one I customized/one with a gun/etc?"

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

edit: disregard, I should watch vidjo.

double nine fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 7, 2016

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Wiseblood posted:

It actually was supposed to happen. The alien drugs remove the power cooldowns for that mission.

Oh sweet, I felt like it was TOO much carnage and figured it was a bug, turns out it's just normal Saints Row :v:

Section Z posted:

I'm sure you probably figured it out by now after that video. But in Saints 4 during free roam, holding down on the D-pad will copy your stolen vehicle into your garage list. (Which also works for stolen copters and planes). So you don't have to bring it all the way to a Rimjobs to save it.

:psyduck: Holy poo poo I legit didn't know this

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

Oh sweet, I felt like it was TOO much carnage and figured it was a bug, turns out it's just normal Saints Row :v:

:psyduck: Holy poo poo I legit didn't know this

Don't feel bad about missing it. It's one of those "Blink and you miss it" prompts. I think the only other way to get a clue it is there is if you examine the D-pad controls screen and see that driving controls lists the down arrow as "Scan current vehicle"... But why would you look there unless you wanted to change your controls :v:

Which is why I brought it up in the first place, after seeing your trash truck tragedy (Trashgedy?)

Also, while lacking in body mods, you can make performance upgrades and color edits to the Trash trucks. (And the gateways can do rimjobs vehicle edits).

If you are not done recording for the game, pretty please find and upgrade a "Pulse". It is that three wheeler that you often see mascots driving, and can take a second passenger like most motorbikes.

A motorbike, that can POWER SLIDE not very well, but it can

Section Z fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 7, 2016

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

SaintsRow 13 mp4

Eyyyy I'm in the states right now and Grace and I are headed out to a wedding which may or may not have an open bar. We'll find out soon! Also I was originally going to listen to a bit of the episode to get a name for it, when Grace said it would be on brand for us to have a single episode named like this. What this says about our brand probably isn't good.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

SaintsRow 13 mp4

Eyyyy I'm in the states right now and Grace and I are headed out to a wedding which may or may not have an open bar. We'll find out soon! Also I was originally going to listen to a bit of the episode to get a name for it, when Grace said it would be on brand for us to have a single episode named like this. What this says about our brand probably isn't good.

Dude don't steal my naming convention of just slapping a number on an episode.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
This episode, and the warden fight in particular, remind me why despite how cool they are I've never been a fan of most of the charge up to fire weapons. It is incredibly frustrating to freeze one and then have them hop out of the way right before you fire (Which happens even solo).

But on stuff it one shots, the Disintegrator is still so much fun :allears:

As for the crusher ball destruction game. I too, thought about simply holding the ball and rubbing it against scenery. But it seems that the ball only racks up SICK COMBOS whole it's out of your grasp. So throwing it at cars, or just letting it gently roll across a scatter of objects got me WAY better results than holding onto it.

Also, hack all the gun stores and unique clothing stores first if you haven't finished hacking. The difficulty scales with how many things you have already hacked, and it's much less frustrating to botch it on a tatoo place, rimjobs, or the millionth's planet Zin.

EDIT: Watching the 180 of opinions on the Cat and Mouse game you two had was great.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

You can still rack up large combos by running with the ball in front of you, but without the upgrade that makes you fireproof you'll constantly get interrupted.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

You two know those statues of Zinyak (many of which are found in the Planet Zin clothing stores) are destructible, right?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Section Z posted:

As for the crusher ball destruction game. I too, thought about simply holding the ball and rubbing it against scenery. But it seems that the ball only racks up SICK COMBOS whole it's out of your grasp. So throwing it at cars, or just letting it gently roll across a scatter of objects got me WAY better results than holding onto it.
You could not be more wrong. Grab the ball and run along the footpath and you'll gold TK Mayhem in about ten seconds. It helps to know what's smashable and what isn't, but even without that you have about ten times as long as you need.

Section Z posted:

Also, hack all the gun stores and unique clothing stores first if you haven't finished hacking. The difficulty scales with how many things you have already hacked, and it's much less frustrating to botch it on a tatoo place, rimjobs, or the millionth's planet Zin.
There's really only one hacking puzzle in the entire game that's even slightly challenging though, so it's not an issue. And if you're really no good at that sort of puzzle, you can buy upgrades to give you more time.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Okay, I seem to have missed something, where the hell did the popping Hokuto joke come from?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Tiggum posted:

You could not be more wrong. Grab the ball and run along the footpath and you'll gold TK Mayhem in about ten seconds. It helps to know what's smashable and what isn't, but even without that you have about ten times as long as you need.

There's really only one hacking puzzle in the entire game that's even slightly challenging though, so it's not an issue. And if you're really no good at that sort of puzzle, you can buy upgrades to give you more time.

Huh, go figure. I always had a rough time just trying to run through scenery holding the ball racking up much in the way of big combos. While throwing it at cars until they exploded, or just letting it roll along on it's own would get me way bigger max combos than I would just ramming it into the very same objects/cars/etc.

Maybe I just wasn't rubbing it through fences and newspaper machines vigorously enough?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Neopie posted:

Okay, I seem to have missed something, where the hell did the popping Hokuto joke come from?

This comes from Grace and I being gigantic losers. "Popping" is what pandas do when they get all excited and zoomie, and Hokuto is a panda who pops a lot because he's a sweet baby happy boy. Here's an example

Also we uh, sorta ran out of backlog so the next episode might be a bit longer

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Saints Row XV Episode 1 - Versed in Xenos

We were originally taking the night off and just watching DBZ because we average sometimes one night together a week, but then Kissanime went down, so we decided to play a lesser known DLC of Saints Row IV with a kinda confusing but welcomed crossover. Sadly the DLC is single player only. Also these episodes are all threadcanon, so you guys figure that one out.

If you're itching for more content from us, considering it's been a long-rear end time and I'm a garbage person, while I was in the states, we played Super Smash Bros Wiiu and Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival with Grace's brother! Also I'm terrible at smash don't even give me advice there's no helping.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
That much progress in SR4 and you still haven't upgraded your recharge rates? For shame :colbert: At least this mission has the easiest computer hacking in the game, though.

Recapping to Grace was wonderful though :allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Saints Row IV Episode 14 - Saints of Rage

We're finally back! The audio is a little messed up because I completely broke the recording setup, I mostly fixed it but the game audio is a little low. It burns me up inside.

We also end up seeing a bunch of bizarre bugs in this session :psyduck: They're all hilarious though so I'm happy about it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, :siren: Tomorrow (the 11th), Grace and I are on Arcade Pit at 8PM EST! If you haven't seen it before, you can find our last appearances here and here! :siren:

It's an excellent as hell show and we're both extremely excited to completely blow it againcome out victorious!

Danaru fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 10, 2016

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I can't believe Dan kept running into the electrical field over and over.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I never realized there was a blowup doll behind that desk in the lobby before. Informative LPs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
What did you do to break that section of the mission so badly?

• Locked thread