Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheAceOfLungs
Aug 4, 2010
Obviously, the main reason anybody reads comics (whether booked, stripped, or webbed) is for the touching, romantic, and omni-present love stories. Best of all, it's always clear as day who belongs with who, and the ability to agree on these obvious facts has been uniting the internet in peace and harmony for centuries.

Personally, my favorite ship in comics has always been Superman and Lois Lane from some obscure little publication called Action Comics. (It's one of the reasons why I hated the New 52 reboot but actually got some enjoyment from Man of Steel. I was looking forward to the Lois and Clark comic, but three issues in, I went broke and now have no idea if it became awesome or terrible. Does anyone know?) My favorite story /storyline about these two: Superman Takes a Wife from the Earth 2 comics.

Also, it's totally obvious to everyone who wasn't in the throes of all-consuming rage that Batfleck is SO going to hook up with Wonder Woman in the movies. You know it's true. You also know that, even though the movies have been sucking hard, you're still going to go see the Wonder Woman movie just so you can find out what happened to Steve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

TheAceOfLungs posted:

I was looking forward to the Lois and Clark comic, but three issues in, I went broke and now have no idea if it became awesome or terrible. Does anyone know?)

It was pretty nice, but the current 'Superman' following the family is spectacular.

As for the premise, I don't put much thought into that stuff, but I enjoyed the Lana Lang/Steel relationship that emerged in Greg Pak's Action Comics and that it's still here in Superwoman.

TheAceOfLungs
Aug 4, 2010

Teenage Fansub posted:

It was pretty nice, but the current 'Superman' following the family is spectacular.

'Following' as in 'subsequent title', or as in 'This family now has a stalker'?

I was completely unaware of a Lana Lang/Steel relationship. It strikes me as an odd pairing, actually. Was it originally one of those "ZOMG SHOCKING!!!" reveals?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

As in the current 'Superman' comic picks up the family story.

The Lana/Steel relationship happened pretty naturally with the superfolks just doing stuff together. There's not much Lois+Clark action in it, but I highly recommend Pak's run starting here https://www.amazon.com/Superman-Act...k+action+comics

e: I guess it happening after Lana was turned into a fantastic badass might have made it seem more like a good fit. It's another reason to pick up the series.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Sep 28, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Im so glad Superman and Lois are a thing again. It feels so wrong to have them separated.

My other favorite comics couples include Batman/Catwoman, Green Arrow/Black Canary, Midnighter/Apollo, and Batwoman/Renee Montoya. (I guess Maggie Sawyer is fine.)

• Locked thread