Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
I don't have desire to be involved with this, but if you guys don't put aside all the sexy bits like categories and judges, and address structural issues first, you aren't going to get anywhere.

If the award is going to have any sort of longevity, you will need a supporting apparatus. I would recommend setting it up like a nonprofit, and that means worrying about all sorts of boring things like:

• Annual Meeting(s)
  • Election of Directors and Officers
  • Quorum for Meetings
  • The objects or purposes of the award

Here's what you should do. Come up with a list of people who are interested in being on a steering committee to sort through all of these logistical issues. Deal with them in a public fashion, and then present the 'charter' of the award to the forum while holding an election of people to run the first year of the award.

Further reading:
http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/pgt/nfpinc/Not_for_Profit_Incorporators_Handbook_EN.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread