Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I think maybe instead of having best game, and then best original game and best licensed game, it might be best to get rid of the big award and just do the two, original and licensed. Including all three means that best game will almost certainly be one of the other award winners as well.

On the other hand, maybe you could look at that as some kind of playoff. The two best game awards are compared, and then an overall winner is declared. So you keep all three, and make it a feature that one of the two are chosen for the top award.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

It probably does work better that way than as a playoff, both because it takes into account the original vote totals, rather than allowing people who voted for other things to come in and upset the previous top vote winner, and also because it doesn't require people to actually organize to vote again after putting in their ballot.

The playoff option would be good if you wanted to give everyone who voted, even those who didn't include either winning game in their ballot, a choice between the top two, after they have been chosen.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

For the old schoolers, maybe a hall of fame award. Anything older than a couple of years in select categories. RPG's, Board Games, Miniatures games. The only reason I think it might be appropriate, is that trad games are pretty evergreen and there aren't always a million things coming out, might be worth getting some old favorites in there.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

moths posted:

I really like Critical Hits because of its stupidly obvious double meaning.

That is what what put it above the Golden Kobolds in my list, though I think the GK's have a better obvious look to the award than do the Critical Hits.

• Locked thread