Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Zurui, I don't think that was Inklesspen's intent. I think it's more that the two of them have known each other for a long while and are okay with teasing each other while they argue over things. Neither is being mean, they're both just kind of ribbing each other (while also expressing disagreement). That doesn't necessarily come across to someone else, so I get your confusion, but I don't think either of them is actually being a douchebag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I dunno how feasible/desirable it would be, but one thought I just had is to have something like the Retro Hugos. These would be Crits for games that came out a long time ago. For RPGs, it's pretty easy. Go back 40 years, and you're pretty much in the dawn of time. Have the first one award for 1974-1976, and then sync years afterwards. But board games go back a lot further, as do historical wargames, so I don't know if this is a good idea or not.

• Locked thread