Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
IMHO We should keep the categories simple and broad. People aren't going to know what to nominate for "Best Cartography."

Something like this:

Roleplaying Games

- Best Free Game
- Best Original Game
- Best Licensed Game
^ These three should use the voting system described above. I don't think you need to nominate a Best RPG on top of this but that's up to the committee.

Optional Categories
- Best Supplement/Adventure
- Best Art

Board/Card Games
- Best Minigame
- Best Cooperative Game
- Best Competitive Game
^ These could also use the voting system above.

Optional Categories
- Best Art
- Best Expansion

Wargames
- Best Miniatures
- Another Category suggested by someone who plays wargames
- And another

Other notes:

I don't think you're going to need an independent verification code or anything. Just have the voter list their forums name in the form. Make a thread for registration and then you can just check to make sure they posted in it.

There should be a committee or something to head this up. Three people discussing and making decisions is much more reputable than one. Also it can help allay the Goon Project factor.

Critical Hit Award. Yes.

If you're going to do a Best Game is should be a Sweepstakes award for the game that, overall, got the most votes. (You can make it the greatest proportion of votes if the number of votes is wildly off, e.g. if 57/100 people voted for the highest-rated wargame and 101/200 voted for the highest-rated RPG you'd give it to the wargame.)

Gau fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread