Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I would like some board and card game representation as well. As far as categories, off the top of my head, I can think of:

Best Board Game
Best Card Game
Best Expansion
Best Thematic Game
Best Presentation
Best 2 Player Game
Best Party Game
Best New Mechanic/Rule

You can go for more niche categories like "Best cooperative game" or something, but I have no idea if enough games of a certain type come out every year. The above would be a good spread and would integrate pretty well with the Critical Hits without bloating them up too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

inklesspen posted:

This has been the sticking point thus far; plenty of folks have said board/card games should be covered, but it took until GrandpaPants's post for anyone to suggest a set of categories and nobody has expressed interest in resolving board/card game categorization difficulties.

I'd be happy to be one of the panel of judges, but obviously my knowledge of board games isn't absolute. There are a few people in the bg thread who write good posts and also play a number of the new releases, so let's see if they bite.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

inklesspen posted:

Mind, it's not that you're judging which game is best; it's that you may be called upon to judge "is this properly an expansion or not".

Yeah, the... Meta judge? I don't know, but that is fine by me.

• Locked thread