Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The Zentipede full album is pretty great, listen to it now, GENERAL INZANITY COMANDS YOU: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MkltFTcS-3o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Adnachiel posted:

I don't know of any LARPs that do that specifically (though it sounds like something people would attend as a fetish thing), but I've been to LARPs where the worldbuilding had a hierarchy that the characters were involved in (World of Darkness et al) and they have the same problem this one did: as Linda pointed out, no one wants to go play pretend for a weekend after living a lower class existence only to get more of the same in the fantasy world you're supposed to be immersing yourself in. People want to be the Winthopes, not their servants. (Some groups are better at catering to the "lower" players than others, but in general, the focus tends to shift to the higher ranked characters that have been there longer and the players that play them. While everyone else just sits around hearing about all the cool stuff they could be doing.)

I also liked that it was basically mocking folks who love the Dowton Abby dramas and idolize that kind of life.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

http://www.10news.com/news/woman-finds-sea-lion-with-mutilated-flippers

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

That's too perfect to be real.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

oh it's real

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Thelma & Louise Except Thelma is Linda
Linda has to see Mr. Frond when Louise gets in trouble at school, but when she learns that Louise was trying to help another student, she is unsure of how to properly handle the situation.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
"Pocket-sized" Rudy? :3:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
They were mean girls! Mean pooping girls!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That episode was on fire. I loved it

Zero One posted:

"Pocket-sized" Rudy? :3:

Not his first appearance actually! He showed up in Regular Sized Rudy's first episode to explain why he had that peculiar nickname.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
Bob's Burgers can sometimes be a bit boring but I loved this episode. It's so very uplifting and all the character dynamics are amazing. I think I prefer it to old Simpsons, which was a bit more mean spirited and pessimistic in general. Bob's Burgers is still pretty pessimistic about the world and stuff, but the characters themselves are so much more positive and find reassurance in each other, it's great.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Mom, Lies, and Videotapes
Linda is unable to enjoy the Mother's Day festivities at Wagstaff when she comes down with the flu, and Bob's camcorder malfunctions, which prompts the kids to organize a recreation of what happened.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Breathe harder than anyone else!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I really want to watch a stage adaptation of an Alien and Freaky Friday mash up now.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Freaky Fridaliens was superb. Liked the animation for the Alien Queen marionette.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Maxwell Lord posted:

Freaky Fridaliens was superb. Liked the animation for the Alien Queen marionette.

Yeah that was really impressive.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I loved that the loader was real in the midst of all the elaborate puppetry and wirework.

This was A Good Episode.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
After the entire episode, Linda still had the audacity to ask them all "What else did you get me?"

Incredible.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

A little Greek, a little Roman, a little Pokémon, a little Tex Mex.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

smashpro1 posted:

Thelma & Louise Except Thelma is Linda

I love this episode title so much.

Also for some reason on Hulu the thumbnail preview image for the Mother's Day episode is a picture of Bob, Louise, Tina and Linda dressed as pickles with Gene as... Beefsquatch? :monocle:

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Got my copy of the soundtrack today

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

text editor posted:

Got my copy of the soundtrack today

...and? We need details

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCaFg6iy3wE

God, it's exactly like if Tina tried to do standup.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

He did that "My Wife is the only one I've ever been with" joke when I saw the Bobs Burger's Live show a few years ago, and that was the exact same response the audience had.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Son of Zorn's been canceled. How many shows have been one-and-done on the Sunday 8:30 spot on Fox? I've lost count. Just give that spot to Bob's Burgers next season.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

Son of Zorn's been canceled. How many shows have been one-and-done on the Sunday 8:30 spot on Fox? I've lost count. Just give that spot to Bob's Burgers next season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJXYMDu6dpY

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

At this point, it's probably not going anywhere anyway.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The Sunday 8:30 spot on Fox is it the 7:30 no wait 8:00 no wait 7:00 no wait 9:30 no wait 7:30 no wait 8:30 no wait three months off no wait 7:30 no wait 9:30 no wait 7:00 spot on Fox, therefore it will not go to Bob's Burgers.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

That sucks, I actually enjoyed the show but I grew up with He-Man so it hit a sweet spot in my brain.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

counterfeitsaint posted:

if tina tried to do stand up she'd just stand up there going "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh"

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Has Gene always been in 6th grade? For some reason I pictured him as a 4th grader with Louise in 2nd etc.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Mike_V posted:

Has Gene always been in 6th grade? For some reason I pictured him as a 4th grader with Louise in 2nd etc.

You're thinking of the Simpsons.

Bob's Burgers has it set up so one kid each is in elementary, middle, and high school. Flawless coverage.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I thought The Simpson's had Bart in 4th grade and Lisa in 3rd?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Vietnamwees posted:

I thought The Simpson's had Bart in 4th grade and Lisa in 3rd?

Lisa's a second-grader, iirc--eight years old to Bart's ten.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tuxedo Ted posted:

You're thinking of the Simpsons.

Bob's Burgers has it set up so one kid each is in elementary, middle, and high school. Flawless coverage.
Tina is in 8th grade, which is middle school :eng101:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Tina is in 8th grade, which is middle school :eng101:

Depends on the school district.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

Depends on the school district.

What school district has 8th graders in with high schoolers? I've heard of ninth grade in middle school and my mom had the eighth graders in with high-schoolers but that was back in the 70s.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

There are some schools that have 7th and 8th grade mixed in with 9th-12th grades (my sister went to one), but high school starts at 9th grade for all of them.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Yeah, there are some districts that basically omit middle school and just have elementary and high school, with a junior high specification.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Early on they had the kids aging. Tina had her 13th birthday in the middle of season 1. I don't remember if she actually had a 14th birthday in an episode, but at some point in s2 they started referring to her as 14. I'm reasonably sure they did the same with the others. Gene was referred to at least as young as 10, maybe even 9. After two years though they stopped aging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Paraders of the Lost Float
In light of rain being predicted for the day of a big parade, Teddy tries to persuade Bob to participate in the float contest for a supposedly easy victory.

• Locked thread