Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
gently caress yes Ken Marino

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

PotatoJudge posted:

gently caress yes Ken Marino

Knew he sounded familiar but was having trouble.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Bet "Chili Wonka Burger" is a Gene Wilder tribute.

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Tina's coming, stop having fun!!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Tina's reaction to finding out it's horsemeat was amazing.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
"THIS IS HOW WE WERE BORN!"

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

dovetaile posted:

"THIS IS HOW WE WERE BORN!"

"I KNOW, I WAS THERE!"

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I only got to the episode halfway through and had to piece it together as it went along

Still, grade A episode

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

MrSlam posted:

I only got to the episode halfway through and had to piece it together as it went along

Still, grade A episode

Definitely not grade A meat though.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Megaspel posted:

Definitely not grade A meat though.

Hey, could you say what kind of meat it is? In to my chest?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wasn't there some actually scandal that some restaurants were selling horse meat claiming it was beef?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Wasn't there some actually scandal that some restaurants were selling horse meat claiming it was beef?

Taco Bell had a scandle recently where they were using sand as a filler.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

A few years back a major grocery store chain in Britain was caught selling frozen lasagna with horse meat in it

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

twistedmentat posted:

Yeah 3 years ago about a dozen food companies in Europe were caught mislabeling horse meat to cut costs, it was a huge thing that involved hundreds of willing participants and probably a few hundred more that wanted to say something but didn't want to get fired/sued. Tens of thousands of people may have unwillingly eaten horse meat during this time

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DarklyDreaming posted:

Tens of thousands of people may have unwillingly eaten horse meat during this time

I think the basic takeaway from that is that horse meat is fine

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

The issue isn't if horse meat is fit for human consumption, its that you can't mislabel what ingredients go into food products.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Guy Goodbody posted:

It really is - people used to eat it regularly and it was no big deal. The taboo is a relatively recent thing - my pet theory is that the proliferation of automobiles changed the perception of horses from work animals to pets. So basically we all respond like Tina to the idea of eating them.

muscles like this! posted:

The issue isn't if horse meat is fit for human consumption, its that you can't mislabel what ingredients go into food products.

There's also this - even if the breach happens to be relatively harmless, they can't just pick and choose when to follow the law.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Food labeling is important because different ingredients have different cooking, handling, and storage requirements, not even considering allergies or dietary restrictions because of religious practices or medical concerns. (Horse meat isn't kosher, for example)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Plus if your misrepresenting the meat, you're probably not worried if its not spoiled or coming from sick animals and all kinds of other stuff.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Plus if it comes from reject racehorses they put them on tons of ridiculous meds that might not necessarily be good for people to eat.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Isn't horsemeat still commonly available in some places? (properly labeled)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

Isn't horsemeat still commonly available in some places? (properly labeled)

It's pretty common in a lot of Europe and Asia. I know the French are really fond of it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, in the UK if you think horsemeat you generally think of the French. Those fuckers will eat anything.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
My parents lived in Kazakhstan for ~2 years, and unsurprisingly horse meat is a staple there. I'd love to try it sometime, it's supposedly pretty tough/chewy. It probably wouldn't make a good burger though. Maybe it would be good in chili...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Unless my listings guide is wrong, we get two new episodes this Sunday!

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

muscles like this! posted:

This plus there plus it basically meant their meat sources were unknown. There was a huge horse & carriage ban in Romania I think, so I think there was a big thing with loads of sick and old horses being sold into meat factories.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Megaspel posted:

This plus there plus it basically meant their meat sources were unknown. There was a huge horse & carriage ban in Romania I think, so I think there was a big thing with loads of sick and old horses being sold into meat factories.

The ban was meant to just gently caress over gypsies. But it resulted in British people unknowingly eating horse.

Funny ol' world.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

FELD1 posted:

My parents lived in Kazakhstan for ~2 years, and unsurprisingly horse meat is a staple there. I'd love to try it sometime, it's supposedly pretty tough/chewy. It probably wouldn't make a good burger though. Maybe it would be good in chili...

Horse meat is like any other work animal, if you don't raise it specifically for meat it's going to be tough and maybe chewy. Nobody raises horses specifically for meat, they just slaughter animals at end of life, so you never get the kind of meat you'd get from an animal raised for slaughter like a sheep or a cow.

Horse isn't specifically banned in the US, there's just no FDA inspectors allocated for them, so it's been impossible to sell. The FDA does have funding for horse inspection, for now, so if you really wanted to you might be able to track down fresh horse.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yup, it has to catch up from being preempted.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

EL BROMANCE posted:

No doubt it's true, but that's probably because they aren't going to show another episode for about 6 months.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
It is true that there are two eps.

Large Brother, Where Fart Thou?
Tina has an issue at school and gets detention; Bob and Linda can't find a babysitter, so Gene and Louise are given the chance to stay home alone and immediately find themselves in a bad situation.
The Quirkducers
Gene and Louise plan to sabotage Mr. Frond's play when it threatens to ruin their half-day before Thanksgiving; Tina unknowingly uses her holiday fan fiction to help work on the play.

smashpro1 fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 20, 2016

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Yeah 2 tonight, Christmas ep next week then nothing til 2017. At least it's better then last season when it took til February to get 7 episodes aired.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pot cookies and Logan, pretty good combination.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They are so high right now.

TINA SONG!

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
Don't ShrimpShame!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hoping that Mr Frond song is this year's National.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

The Bible, The Ving Rhames version

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
I thought I was the only one that experienced unsettling crotch warmth from weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Not as good as the Scanners head explosion but good.

• Locked thread