Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
View Results

• Locked thread
docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Good luck to all you bingokateers. I'm probably going to have the debate on one monitor while I play Grim Dawn on the other, which feels thematically appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

In the most awesome coincidence ever, my absentee ballot arrived today.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

"...I think he just criticized me for preparing this debate."

Oh god now birther stuff.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I said it many times, and I was very strong about it, I called up reporters at 3 in the morning and shouted at them, I broke into their homes and took their children and left a ransom note that just read TERRA.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Never was there a better opportunity for a well-placed "Sir this is a McDonald's drive-through" than that rant of his about his temperment.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I was a little surprised that immigration wasn't so much as mentioned til Trump couldn't help shouting 800 PEOPLE WE WERE DEPORTING GOT MADE CITIZENS BY A CLERICAL ERROR AND MAYBE IT WAS ACTUALLY 1800 during a completely unrelated question.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Pakled posted:

From what I understand, Trump came back to shake Holt's hand afterwards, he just went to talk to someone on his campaign first.

This is true, he did come back to shake Holt's hand. It sure looked for a moment like he wasn't going to, though. (And I'll bet the person on his campaign he was talking to said something like GO SHAKE HIS HAND YOU IDIOT THEY ARE STILL WATCHING).

evilweasel posted:

Man I still love that trumps reaction this morning was that he better clarify how fat the miss universe was

Wasn't this the person, too, who starved herself down to nigh-skeleton level for the contest and her 'getting fat' was actually just returning to a normal healthy weight of the sort necessary to sustain human life?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

evilweasel posted:

I'm sure you're right but I mean even if she actually got a little heavy how in gods name is that going to help him one bit

Oh, it won't.

But it demonstrates, among other things, that Being (Seen To Be) Right is more important to Trump than anything else. It doesn't matter (to him) that he insulted her, because he was (not at all) right about her being fat.

If you listen to his word salad from all over the place last night, things like "I GOT GREAT CREDIT FOR X" feature very prominently. He's a five year old kid in a seventy-year old body begging for praise.

gently caress, I just talked myself into having the vaguest sort of sympathy for Donald Trump.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

You know, the more I think about it, my favorite moment from the debate was Hillary's cheerful "HEYA, PAL" greeting to him at the very beginning.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Pakled posted:

The non-handshake was almost certainly just an oversight rather than an intentional snub. The first thing he did was go and talk to someone from his campaign (who probably told him "go shake Holt's hand holy poo poo") and THEN he went over to shake Holt's hand.

I kind of wonder if he just didn't want to go over there while Hillary was still talking to Holt and, being Trump, just made a huge awkward presentation out of it. (Their own closing handshake was friendly-seeming enough from a distance, but in my headcanon they were whispering death curses at each other.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

For all that I think the second and third presidential debates will be an entertaining bloodbath, I can't believe how much I'm looking forward to the VP debate between Fred Rogers and Snidely Whiplash.

• Locked thread