Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
View Results

• Locked thread
Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Trump references the primaries, Trump describes Holt as being "very fair", Brexit, "Mexico will pay for it", Trump says something blasphemous, and Trump tries to intimidate Hillary all seem like free spaces.

I'll still need a mention of Alt-right and Chyna to win though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

You can fill in the bottom-left to top-right diagonal here and probably call bingo within the first minute of the debates.

Same here, but the opposite diagonal :v:

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Top row, Left column, Bottom row, one row down horizontal, top left to bottom right.

I think this is the best card I've seen yet.

edit: "Trump coughing fit", "Live maggots begin raining from Trump's clothing", "Hillary blasts Trump with pepper spray" and "Sheriff Joe" are the only squares I think are unlikely here. And tbh even those are a coin toss.

Atoramos has issued a correction as of 22:27 on Sep 26, 2016

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

kelvron posted:

A whole hour of open debate and discussion. A dream come true.

Wait, an hour of no-moderator-involved free-for-all? Or the moderator is involved, but the question stays the same and the responses just ping-pong?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Because an hour with no moderator and just letting them argue nonstop is literal bloodsport.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

kelvron posted:

An hour total. 6 15 minute segments, 1 minutes for the moderator to say the question, 2 minutes each to make their case, and 10 minutes of "open debate and discussion".

So there will be six 10 minute long segments where the moderator is not going to interrupt and Trump and Clinton are literally trying to yell over eachother.

Clinton must literally have 100 potential "please proceed" moments planned out. I think there's a good chance none of them are going to pan out.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Sir, this is a question about racial healing.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Drudge poll at 15:1 Trump won

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

How the hell did Trump manage to go through a cyber question and talk about his son, but not Hillary's e-mails? How did Trump go through the whole night without bringing up deplorables? pee pee doo doo Trump is a bad candidate

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/status/780720087464546304

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

frankenfreak posted:

Seriously though, that didn't even occur to me as it happened. He probably felt he had to match Hillary's shoutout to her granddaughter in some way and because being (appearing to be) better than anyone else trumps (pun intended) bringing up such unimportant things like bringing up the emails.

To me, last night was Trump's night to discuss the 'Deplorables' comment. I was looking forward to it, because I wanted Clinton to turn it around and ask something like "Are the 51% of your supporters that want a constitutional ban on homosexual marriage not deplorable?".

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Isn't Cooper the mod of the next presidential debate?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

The Kingfish posted:

I doubt the lasting impression of this debate will be that Trump was stumped. This is the same sort of wishful thinking that has been posted all over the internet since December.

The only people saying Trump didn't get creamed are:

-Trump himself
-Trump's Campaign
-Trump die-hard supporters

Today I notice anyone who was heavily pro-Trump doesn't want to talk about the debate at all, or references online polls they know are bad but want to hedge against reality. The same way Vile/Boosted/etc. run away every time Trump does bad.

Atoramos has issued a correction as of 16:42 on Sep 27, 2016

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

deadwing posted:

Today everyone I know who's pro-Trump was onto the talking point "they both did bad"

Let's be honest here: almost a third of America was tuned in watching Donald get loving creamed. While Trump supporters are going to have to spin things because the reality of the situation is unacceptable, there's simply too many people that tuned in.

This is why, regardless of how many online polls are mentioned, they won't matter. Donald still refused to shake Holt's hand. He walked away sour because the loss was just too obvious. Everyone knows he lost it, Trump included.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Reason posted:

At this point I'm not sure what format would be good for Donald Trump. Maybe if he had every single question beforehand and a teleprompter feeding him answers.

Honest answer is there's some chance the GOP could have ducked out of all four debates and it could have been better for polling than what just happened. I would be personally surprised if the next three debates go as planned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

evilweasel posted:

I'm sure you're right but I mean even if she actually got a little heavy how in gods name is that going to help him one bit

She actually developed an eating disorder due to the pressure Trump had put her under, including parading her infront of the press at a gym "to see how well she's getting in shape" (she was already in shape and underweight but hey).

• Locked thread