Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
View Results

• Locked thread
Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

9/26/2016: Go away, batin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

EX-GAIJIN AT LAST posted:

"Clinton campaign manager Robbie Mook said:
'It's unfair to ask that Hillary Clinton both play traffic cop with Trump, make sure that his lies are corrected, and also to present her vision for what she wants to do for the American people.'

The Clinton team is concerned that the moderator, Lester Holt of NBC, will toss simpler 'softball' questions in Trump's direction while pressing Clinton with a much more challenging interrogation."

2 things: is it not great that this guy's name is Mook? And also, what in the ever-loving gently caress.

Seems kinda lose-lose from that perspective. Clinton gets softballs? Less opportunities to go deep on policy. Trump doesn't get softballs? More opportunities for enormous derails, leading to less opportunities to go deep on policy. Both get softballs? Audience bored. Neither get softballs? Audience confused. Best case for Clinton is apparently also worst case for Clinton, with Trump getting a pass and her getting nailed.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Venom Snake posted:

I will be your goon on the ground. Will post pics and the crowd reaction. God help me if this is as lovely as the military forum was

God can't help you tonight, son.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

So how big of a deal is the debate podium discrepancy gonna be?

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

docbeard posted:

Good luck to all you bingokateers. I'm probably going to have the debate on one monitor while I play Grim Dawn on the other, which feels thematically appropriate.

I always treat these things like I'm facing down the gorgon and just follow the reaction threads online. Viewing the debates directly is hell for my anxiety.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

What the hell, are you a hand model/android?

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

They made that decision fully knowing that it gives Trump an advantage right? It means Hillary will have to use so much more of her time trying to call out Trump's lies while Trump will have more time to talk about substantial things...if he has any of those anyway.

Remember that epic Fox hit job on Trump from the Republican primaries? If Trump is going down tonight he's got to be the only one to blame or else it won't stick.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

I should be in class or writing more short form Gilligan's Island fan fiction or something but gently caress it. Time to squat on the refresh button and pretend I'm going to hell in a room full of friends instead of all alone in the perverse and unctuous black of this suffocating casket america.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Gonna be honest, I'm not the biggest fan in the world of anime titties but as the only thing on the ballot that isn't a physical part of this toilet reality I had to go with my gut and vote for the least evil.

• Locked thread