Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I wonder what space bear food is like.

"General Tsoroshenkov's Chicken."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Research - Engineering. newly habitable planets and resources will help military, industrial, and research applications more generally applicable to anything that can pop up.

Diplomacy: attempt to access space through Psilon space, we're on good terms with the cats already and I doubt neutrality is going to last forever so formal alliance, intelligence work because of COURSE everyone is going to spy on everyone. Information is power, and I'm sure our allies will appreciate the Human Republic being powerful enough to assist them.

Space Fleet: strategic core deployment since we just finished a war and things seem quiet. Let's grab some more space while people are so far on decent terms with us. Plus we've got a lot of space. If people attack us now, we have the planets and resources to rebuild and push them back, unlike when the Bears ambushed us.

Colonization: Saltator IV - let's get in on the core before the space Gold Rush starts.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 24, 2017

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

So whats the cancer rate like on irradiated planets?

Edit: Oh wait a Formal Alliance will mean instant war with the Klackons huh. Well I guess we can toss some ships to help still while deploying the others to the Core.

How bad are the Myrrans losing?

Artificer fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 24, 2017

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

nweismuller posted:

The cancer rate is not as bad as you might expect, largely because colonisation on irradiated planets involves digging full cities deep into the rock to protect the inhabitants from radiation exposure. Having cities as buried warrens brings its own problems, but excessive radiation exposure for those who aren't having to go to the surface for things requiring it is not one of them.

It's difficult to tell just how badly the Mrrshan are losing, as we don't exactly have observers in place to see how the battle lines fare. That said, it's fairly clear just from relative power ratings and economy sizes that the Mrrshan are struggling from a severe disadvantage. We can get alliance with the Mrrshan relatively cheaply- they'll want a bit of technology to bolster their position, and considering how they're currently dead last, this is hardly going to be too dangerous to us. On the other hand, even getting a non-aggression pact with the Psilons (which is necessary to start talking about open borders with them) will require us giving them Battloids and 72 TC a year for 20 years, which is... a hefty bite out of our economy.

A non-aggression pact with the Meklar Combine would cost us teaching them Moon Laboratory, which I actually think would be a very reasonable price for securing our driftward frontier against the Meklars deciding to try something and ensuring stronger relations with them in the future.

Well the Psilons can come slowly. No rush on that front.

It seems impolite to let our trade partners wither and die, which the Mrrshans probably literally will if they get taken over. I'm going to stick with my vote. At best we'll have a steadfast ally and trade partner. At worse, a buffer state.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

wedgekree posted:

I am not in favor of giving them the tech. We can always re-propose later when we're on better standing and fortify the border. But I don't want to gie htem a major research leg up when our advantage atm is technological.

But they will not catch up at this point barring a Black Swan Event at which point we're probably already in deep poo poo. Your choice though.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

wedgekree posted:

In that case, changing my vote. Approve on giving them the tech in return for a Non-Aggression pact.

I'm dumb. I don't know the state of the Meklar technology. I thought it was referring to the Myyrshans.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

3 billion seems piddly now.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

AJ_Impy posted:

D seems pragmatic.

Let's go for this one.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Now I want to name a thing after Recettear. Can we buy the Darlok's family heirlooms on the cheap?

"Capitalism, Ho!"

Artificer fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 27, 2017

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

nweismuller posted:

Are you sure?

Gonna need this on my desk by Friday morning, thanks.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

So ships always explode catastrophically, with little chance of reaching escape pods huh?

Sounds like hell.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Oh dear. That's an ominous teaser.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

But what about the cats!!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I was down with it.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Yeah, yeah that's really good.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

nweismuller posted:

Ah, but how about the other one I just posted?

I was referring to the burger one, yeah. :v:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Given the penchant of McDonalds to adapt menus to local tastes, I wouldn't be surprised if there was humanified versions of bear food being served inside the capital too.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

nweismuller posted:

So, tell me of this Metal Gear Solid sniper duel I have evidently reminded somebody of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YQKNpt-Idw

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Ooh been a while since we've been up against a comparable opponent.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

The Republic has my vote. Getting a little more endurance (and chaff) in our fleet would be welcome.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Awww man. No Republic carrier.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

HELL YEAH FIGHTERS

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Sorry, wait, they bombarded their own populations?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

If our fleet is still intact, and we have crushed the majority of their fleet assets, as nweismuller believes, we should press the advantage while we can.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Anime will never die.

Even if some parts of it definitely should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

nweismuller posted:

I don't get it?

Tasteless joke about breast augmentation operations, probably.

• Locked thread