Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

It's the voices.

Too...

Much...

loving...

:words:...

Like, seriously, not everything needed to be voice-acted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
As a Texan-by-osmosis, I'm going to go with the Texas class.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
For bear-handling, there's always this guy.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

nweismuller posted:

I am formally requesting suggestions for the name of our second Peacemaker vessel for when it is commissioned.

Death Penalty

e: On more mature reflection, pull from the Nobel Peace Prize winners, living laureates excluded.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Lamia Domina posted:

No neurologist has ever vetted this claim, nor can the people pushing it specify which chemical that might be, what lab test they did to determine it, what level would be considered "unbalanced" or what the "balanced" baseline even is.

There are certain disorders where we know neurotransmitters are implicated, hence SSRIs and suchlike. Try again.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
e: nevermind.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Let's do this. It'll have a much bigger impact on the Bulrathi's ability to wage war.

e. though in retrospect, authorizing terrorism feels really awful :cripes:

Their leadership did it to our leadership, so it is fair and proper for their leadership to have a taste of their own medicine. Viva la revolución!

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

nweismuller posted:

The default Darlok ruler name in nuMoO is still Nazgur.

We don't need no steenkin' ringwraiths! :v:

(I'm sure the xenophobic sections of the 'net would be going on about how Tolkien warned us about them Nazgoolz, should they strike first.)

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Non-aggression with our catfriends and wary weather-eye on those sus Darloks.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
The Transstellar Union

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

OAquinas posted:

My favorite is when you're typing, hit backspace, and for whatever reason it forgets that you're in a typing field and goes back a page. Those make for the best rage-filled rants.

So, you have my sympathies!

Chrome killed that shortcut, thankfully.

I write my updates in a text editor and then run a script to replace numbers with [img] crap.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

nweismuller posted:

Freaking finally. That was just inexcusably long and I will try not to subject everybody to a wait like that again. Hopefully I haven't lost too many people due to the hiatus.

Although I submitted my second MoO2 LP for archival, there's some ambiguity by baldurk on how exactly to handle this, because this is the first time the Archive has had two LPs by the same author for the same game, which requires figuring out how to distinguish between them on the index. I'll keep people posted as to when he figures out how he wants to handle this.

I'd include the race being played (human vs Narestan (custom Psilon)), probably. Anything else would require delving into the LP for further information, I think.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

nweismuller posted:

It's hard to estimate, but I sincerely doubt it got as high as 'billions'. Bear in mind that not all losses in ground fighting are even 'casualties', properly speaking. Logistic expenditures, occupation forces, damage to materiel, and the collapse of military units through retreat, desertion, and surrender are major factors in planetary invasions.

Also worth remembering that 'casualties' includes injuries too severe to permit further fighting.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Nay; if they still won't permit us safe passage through their space, they must not want our help as badly as their offer of credits wants us to think they do.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Artificer posted:

Sorry, wait, they bombarded their own populations?

Those darloks were under human control, so obviously they must be traitors. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

EggsAisle posted:

I dunno man, I understand your intent but "Colossal Injustice #1", "Colossal Injustice #2", and "Name of an entire country unpopular war"... might be just a touch oversimplified.

Have Republic scientists figured out how to cure the common cold, yet? Can't have been an easy nut to crack.

Fixed that reference for you.

• Locked thread