Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
He decided he'd rather be associated with Hitler's speaking style than Orval Faubus which, now that I think about it, kind of makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Mange Mite posted:

They'll be replaced seamlessly by the angry jobless white millenial demographic

Sadly true. The local economy is good enough that even the olds are all scratching their heads about Trump; the only Trump supporters I've met around here are bitter 20- and 30-somethings.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/DustinGiebel/status/780814613021548544?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

:tinfoil:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Holy lol

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

this must be the cyber I heard about

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I would so not be surprised to learn that a chunk of donald's reddit userbase is just russian plants.

Like not that it's started or moderated by russia, just that there are some russians in the userbase trying to keep them stirred up.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/bycycle/status/780579068731273216/video/1

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Who's consensus? Everyone I talk to thinks racism is bad, everyone on my facebook thinks racism is bad, the tv pays lip service to the idea you should say racist things as a decorum thing even if they don't go to saying racism is bad except in the most bland definitions. But in a lot of ways that is a bubble and a lot of Americas flat out think 'racism is good" is a good opinion. full stop.

My aunt thinks she's not racist because that's a horrible thing to be, but she did declare she flat-out hates muslims because they "need to get a brain" and they've all got "ulterior motives" (some of my family branches need to be sawed off). But in her mind that's not racist, that's just a hard fact. An unfortunate fact, and poor muslim people for being so misguided, but she goes to church and her neighbors say she's a lovely kind woman, so she's not a racist.

Lots of people who declare how much they hate racism are rationalizing away how loving racist they personally are. Because racism is what BAD people are, and they're not BAD people, therefore they cannot be racist, no matter how awful their opinions.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

The answer was when they started losing Florida.

TRUMP: Mmmm those taco bowls! My hispanic employees make the best taco bowls! *poses for photo-op*

That was one of the most cringy things I'd seen him tweet, and that's saying something.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/26/politics/fact-check-presidential-debate/

It says just about what you would expect.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

every time one of these gifs emerges it's always the face of the last guy that kills me. Ole Slick Willy sliding by did it again

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

euphronius posted:

(More people alive than ever )

What was the ratings share !!! B

I tried explaining that to someone and they said "naaaah, I don't think so. Back when radio was more popular than tv people paid more attention to the news."

:cripes:

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Saw it at the Alamo Drafthouse showing...they both look terrifying on the big screen. I had to basically listen with my eyes on my beer.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Just Offscreen posted:

Saw it at the Alamo Drafthouse showing...they both look terrifying on the big screen. I had to basically listen with my eyes on my beer.

How packed was the showing? I helped out with a Wendy Davis debate showing at a Drafthouse and the crowd was as small as you'd expect a TX gubernatorial debate watch party to be. (Lol at that debate having a segment focusing on Ebola and what the next Gov of Texas will do to stop it.)

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Panfilo posted:

We got to see a rerun of the debates and one little thing that got my wife very happy was the mention of the Miss Universe woman who Trump called "Miss Piggy" and who later went on to become a US citizen. Many of my own in laws immigrated to the US and became naturalized citizens, not to mention their own kids growing up seeing how badly their parents were treated.

It got me wondering how much longer is it going to be before Latinos make up a big enough voting bloc that Republicans can't ignore. You have a lot of people growing up surrounded by demagogues that would like nothing more to send their un documented parents away, criticizing them for speaking a language other than English, and active discrimination and harassment. So when these people actually have the power to vote, how much is it going to change things? Latinos are among the fastest growing minority groups in the US.

I think Ms. Machado is going to be in the spotlight for a while longer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8ZM58O_gBo

It helps that she's still pretty nice to look at. It also helps that the Donald can't keep his big trap shut about how disappointed he was in her gaining weight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a853LxPREg

"... That didn't help at all!"

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

YOU A loving HAT posted:

Lots of people who declare how much they hate racism are rationalizing away how loving racist they personally are. Because racism is what BAD people are, and they're not BAD people, therefore they cannot be racist, no matter how awful their opinions.

Jay Smooth's "How to Tell Someone They Sound Racist" bit remains pertinent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Ti-gkJiXc

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Spacebump posted:

How packed was the showing? I helped out with a Wendy Davis debate showing at a Drafthouse and the crowd was as small as you'd expect a TX gubernatorial debate watch party to be. (Lol at that debate having a segment focusing on Ebola and what the next Gov of Texas will do to stop it.)

It was actually fairly packed- talking and tweeting was even given a pass.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Skeesix posted:

It helps that she's still pretty nice to look at. It also helps that the Donald can't keep his big trap shut about how disappointed he was in her gaining weight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a853LxPREg

"... That didn't help at all!"

Mika Brzezinski reaction is pretty great. "Oh! Oh my god. Please Americ. I'm begging you."

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm wondering if Trump will be able to change his behavior for the next debates. His campaign team must be trying to come up with all sorts of ways to get him to prep and practice to try to get him to stay on some kind of coherent message.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Reason posted:

I'm wondering if Trump will be able to change his behavior for the next debates. His campaign team must be trying to come up with all sorts of ways to get him to prep and practice to try to get him to stay on some kind of coherent message.

It genuinely seems like Trump can't control himself. He can try but he's easily baited even though he HAD to know it was coming.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Reason posted:

I'm sure he was told repeadly before the debate "please for the love of God, do not interrupt Hillary, it will look awful" and in the first couple minutes he seemed to hold it together, but as soon as Hillary started talking about him, he couldn't help himself. I don't think he's capable of sticking to a script and not being a boorish rear end in a top hat when his ego's under assault.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Reason posted:

-Trump is the worst at taking advice. His handlers are probably yelling "stop taking the bait" at him as we speak, but it won't matter a whit when he's up there by himself.
-Trump is already in the process of convincing himself he did perfectly fine. If anything, the channers flooding online polls are helping to ensure he sticks with the same awful gameplan.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Holy poo poo I thought the "my son is good with computers" line was a joke until I saw it.

gently caress me.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Steve2911 posted:

Holy poo poo I thought the "my son is good with computers" line was a joke until I saw it.

gently caress me.

Trump says we need to cyber better, and truthfully, I agree. I'm glad someone in Washington is finally taking a stand on lackluster sexting.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Reason posted:

They can try, but I highly doubt it'll stick. He can sorta stay on message when talking to his base or answering softball questions from the press, but put him in a mixed environment and all bets are off, as the train wreck last night illustrated. I cannot wait for the town hall; seeing him repeatedly interrupt and insult Holt and Clinton was one thing, but doing the same thing to audience members is gonna look really, really bad.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

ImpAtom posted:

It genuinely seems like Trump can't control himself. He can try but he's easily baited even though he HAD to know it was coming.

All she has to do is bring up previous points.

"Are you proud you don't pay your fair share of taxes? Who should pay your share of taxes?"

Anything he says is going to piss off a group he shouldn't.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Reason posted:

changing his behavior would mean he has to find fault in his own actions. Which he has literally never done in his entire life.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Reason posted:

Its hard to get him to change when, in his own eyes, he probably sees that debate as a victory or at worst a tie.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Giving the moderator a mute button and enforcing the two minute per question would absolutely devastate his ability to answer questions, and it'd drive him angry enough to make some incredible outbursts.

I think he gets a yes or no answer but doesn't want to say what he knows he has to say, so he rambles on for two minutes so he can get his thoughts together and then spit out the real answer at the last second.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Outrail posted:

so he rambles on for two minutes so he can get his thoughts together and then spit out the real answer at the last second.

Yeah you can actually see in his eyes that he's saying literally any words to buy time. He sounds like he's in a job interview and hadn't prepared for a single possible question.

But when he does reach a point at the end it's still nonsensical.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
It sort of reminds me of when you're reaaalllly stoned and go off on a tangent when telling a story, then suddenly realize you completely forgot what you were taking about. Except he's (supposedly) stone cold sober and he's like that all the time

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Donald Trump wasted all his best stuff getting told to shut up by a moderator. When it came his turn he had nothing left.

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

Outrail posted:

Giving the moderator a mute button and enforcing the two minute per question would absolutely devastate his ability to answer questions, and it'd drive him angry enough to make some incredible outbursts.

I think he gets a yes or no answer but doesn't want to say what he knows he has to say, so he rambles on for two minutes so he can get his thoughts together and then spit out the real answer at the last second.

A mute button could actually be a net win for him. He doesn't answer many of the questions anyways no matter how much time. A mute button would just shorten his pointless rambling and prevent him from talking over clinton. Both would be improvements. I say let him be the victim of his lack of self control.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Crow Jane posted:

They can try, but I highly doubt it'll stick. He can sorta stay on message when talking to his base or answering softball questions from the press, but put him in a mixed environment and all bets are off, as the train wreck last night illustrated. I cannot wait for the town hall; seeing him repeatedly interrupt and insult Holt and Clinton was one thing, but doing the same thing to audience members is gonna look really, really bad.

He needs the constant affirmation from the crowd to let him workshop what he's going to say next, or he needs a script. He can't stick to a script if it's just in his head and he doesn't have a friendly audience.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Steve2911 posted:

Yeah you can actually see in his eyes that he's saying literally any words to buy time. He sounds like he's in a job interview and hadn't prepared for a single possible question.

But when he does reach a point at the end it's still nonsensical.

:words:

Edit: Notice she uses Donald, and he uses Senator Clinton.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 27, 2016

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Using 'cyber' as a stand alone noun is such a :corsair: thing to do.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Pakled posted:

Trump says we need to cyber better, and truthfully, I agree. I'm glad someone in Washington is finally taking a stand on lackluster sexting.

Anthony Weiner will be his Secretary of Cyber

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

Anthony Weiner will be his Secretary of Cyber

Trump could teach him a thing or two about not getting caught so probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Outrail posted:

Edit: Notice she uses Donald, and he uses Senator Clinton.

I loved that move on her part. This guy is in love with his last name, it's TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP everything. Stamped on everything he owns, everything he makes, everything he buys. It's his brand and his identity and the focus of his entire ego-driven world. Calling him Donald repeatedly must've bugged him a ton.

Supercar Gautier posted:

-Trump is the worst at taking advice. His handlers are probably yelling "stop taking the bait" at him as we speak, but it won't matter a whit when he's up there by himself.
-Trump is already in the process of convincing himself he did perfectly fine. If anything, the channers flooding online polls are helping to ensure he sticks with the same awful gameplan.

I would legit not be at all shocked to find out after the next debate that they installed a remote shock device inside his clothes to give him a little jolt every time his advisors wanted him to stop talking or interrupting.

He reminds me a of a kid I met when I was doing a library visit as Elsa once...I was reading a storybook to about 40 kids and their parents and this little girl in the front row kept interrupting the story by standing up right in my face and saying, "ACTUALLY! ACTUALLY" Then, when she had my attention, just saying whatever came to mind.

"UM ACTUALLY! ACTUALLY!!...................I like toy trucks." "UM, ACTUALLY! ACTUALLY!! ACTUALLY!!...............................................I'm in first grade."

She didn't have anything to say but by GOD, she was going to be the focus of attention and say something. Not her dad shushing her, the librarian holding her down by the arms to stop her standing up, OR her dad taking her out of the room for a stern talk stopped her in any way. Five minutes after a forced silence, she'd be right back at it. Last I saw of her, she was being carried out of the room bodily by dad, still yelling, "UM, ACTUALLY! ACTUALLY!!" at me as she went.

Trump's debate performance reminded me of that so much that it was hard to watch without laughing.

• Locked thread