Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

PainterofCrap posted:

He's losing it. drat, this is more fun that the Eagles beating up the Steelers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah wall off the relevant city of PA that has been making great strides in healthcare and high tech industries :smug:

that's a weird way to say flaming garbage pit

jk, love for all lovely corners of PA, including Philly :3

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Trump doesn't need notes. All the notes are inside his brain, which is the best brain, and those notes are composed of the best words, which he has. Lots of people say he has a great brain with great words.

Also, making GBS threads yourself on live television doesn't really require prepared notes at all. I believe most of the effort is actually involuntary.

I was worried months and months ago that Hillary was going to be the one melting down and getting flustered, because all Trump would have to do was goad her by not taking anything seriously and just throwing veiled insults in every so often, and throw off her wonk flow.

I was pretty superbly wrong on that point. i don't think at the time i had any idea just how MUCH of an insulated child Trump is and how he really just isn't used to being confronted or defending himself in any kind of conversation. If he can't shout over everyone and then stomp out of the room and let some assistants handle the decorum, he's pretty lost.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I spent an exhausting 12 hours waiting in LAX this last week, and then flew to O'hare, then to Bradley.

LAX was tolerable because i spent it all inside the Delta Club (which is a grotty little club as far as others may go, but quiet and far better than the terminal). O'hare was OK. Bradley, eh. I guess I fly so much and just keep my head down and try to get to my plane that I don't really notice if one airport is awesomer than another, although I do notice that LaGuardia is groooooss.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

repeating posted:

"Excuse me, Mr. Trump. This is Mrs. Clinton's 2 minutes" twice within one minute loving ahaha

He comes off as a guy who was admonished not to act like this by his entire campaign staff, and tried real hard for about 8 minutes before going "gently caress it."

"But guys, WHY can't I interrupt her? You telling me I have to let an old-rear end woman who isn't even an 8 talk INSTEAD of me? Does anyone want to hear that? They want to hear ME. I'm the new talent in town, she's old hat. REALLY REALLY old hat."

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Gort posted:

Could you get the right behind you by mentioning that tax evasion is stealing from the military?

The right doesn't give a poo poo about giving money to the military unless it's OTHER people's money, like them dirty liberals who have too much and blow it all on fancy college degrees. Trump is "one of us" and "we" don't need to spend our precious money on weapons. Weapons money should come from those welfare queens and inner-city coffee shop liberal professor types, not honest folk who have enough bills to pay and mouths to feed.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Who's consensus? Everyone I talk to thinks racism is bad, everyone on my facebook thinks racism is bad, the tv pays lip service to the idea you should say racist things as a decorum thing even if they don't go to saying racism is bad except in the most bland definitions. But in a lot of ways that is a bubble and a lot of Americas flat out think 'racism is good" is a good opinion. full stop.

My aunt thinks she's not racist because that's a horrible thing to be, but she did declare she flat-out hates muslims because they "need to get a brain" and they've all got "ulterior motives" (some of my family branches need to be sawed off). But in her mind that's not racist, that's just a hard fact. An unfortunate fact, and poor muslim people for being so misguided, but she goes to church and her neighbors say she's a lovely kind woman, so she's not a racist.

Lots of people who declare how much they hate racism are rationalizing away how loving racist they personally are. Because racism is what BAD people are, and they're not BAD people, therefore they cannot be racist, no matter how awful their opinions.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

The answer was when they started losing Florida.

TRUMP: Mmmm those taco bowls! My hispanic employees make the best taco bowls! *poses for photo-op*

That was one of the most cringy things I'd seen him tweet, and that's saying something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Outrail posted:

Edit: Notice she uses Donald, and he uses Senator Clinton.

I loved that move on her part. This guy is in love with his last name, it's TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP everything. Stamped on everything he owns, everything he makes, everything he buys. It's his brand and his identity and the focus of his entire ego-driven world. Calling him Donald repeatedly must've bugged him a ton.

Supercar Gautier posted:

-Trump is the worst at taking advice. His handlers are probably yelling "stop taking the bait" at him as we speak, but it won't matter a whit when he's up there by himself.
-Trump is already in the process of convincing himself he did perfectly fine. If anything, the channers flooding online polls are helping to ensure he sticks with the same awful gameplan.

I would legit not be at all shocked to find out after the next debate that they installed a remote shock device inside his clothes to give him a little jolt every time his advisors wanted him to stop talking or interrupting.

He reminds me a of a kid I met when I was doing a library visit as Elsa once...I was reading a storybook to about 40 kids and their parents and this little girl in the front row kept interrupting the story by standing up right in my face and saying, "ACTUALLY! ACTUALLY" Then, when she had my attention, just saying whatever came to mind.

"UM ACTUALLY! ACTUALLY!!...................I like toy trucks." "UM, ACTUALLY! ACTUALLY!! ACTUALLY!!...............................................I'm in first grade."

She didn't have anything to say but by GOD, she was going to be the focus of attention and say something. Not her dad shushing her, the librarian holding her down by the arms to stop her standing up, OR her dad taking her out of the room for a stern talk stopped her in any way. Five minutes after a forced silence, she'd be right back at it. Last I saw of her, she was being carried out of the room bodily by dad, still yelling, "UM, ACTUALLY! ACTUALLY!!" at me as she went.

Trump's debate performance reminded me of that so much that it was hard to watch without laughing.

• Locked thread