Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

What Is It?
The Last Frontier is a 3rd person action MMO that could best be described as massively multiplayer Battlezone. It’s in alpha right now and fortunately isnt going the cash grab route. Gameplay is centered around PVP with an emphasis on base building and resource gathering. Bases will gather resources 24/7 and can be upgraded in game or from the web based game client.

Base building is probably the most fleshed out part of the game so far. You can build bases anywhere on the huge open world map where naturally the more dangerous the location the more lucrative the resources. It's all open PVP so players can and will wreck your base if you start slacking, getting in an alliance city or grouping up is encouraged.

Features in game now:
  • Action oriented floaty hover tank combat
  • Large open-world planet
  • Base and City construction
  • Full web client for watching your drones at work
  • Full PVP

Here is a video of some intolerable youtube dork going over the gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLgTK9_Mag0

Screenshots:

How to Play:
Unfortunately the alpha is Invite only and requires a key to register. That being said, everyone that gets in can invite up to 3 people. They are also very quick in getting keys out so you shouldn’t have to wait more than a week to get in if you register for one here

If there is enough interest I can set up a invite section here where we can coordinate sending out keys.

I’ve currently got my three invites so if you want one say so.

Other Links
Web Based Dashboard
Official Starter Guide
Veteran Guide

I will update this with more info later or on request.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
you didn't use the word sandbox, but you can't fool me

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Hello no mans sky

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Third World Reggin posted:

Hello no mans sky

is this the new star citizen insult

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Blazing Zero posted:

is this the new star citizen insult

I think it's deserved.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Freakazoid_ posted:

you didn't use the word sandbox, but you can't fool me

Yeah it's not really a sandbox. Most of the base mechanics are more like a rts than like rust or other sandboxes.

One of the things that appealed to me about the game is the devs have pretty so clear roadmap and arnt promising everything to everyone.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

I've played this and it's basically a 3d version of those lovely base builder browser games. Including a mandatory tutorial that wastes your time making you build a base just to tell you it's gonna be deleted tomorrow.

The combat is insanely dull and just feels like it's there to make you think it's not all about watching boring base timers. Like the only comparison to Battlezone I would give it is that both games feature hover tanks. The tutorial shows you the amazing gunplay by having you hold left click on a tree until it explodes from your ugly hitscan spray gun in a really bad explosion gif.

And the UI is just horrible. I can't actually remember any specifics of it other than the fact that this game had no neat features or did anything well.

And a big shoutout/gently caress you to Drinkfist for tricking me into playing this heap of poo poo.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

And a big shoutout/gently caress you to Drinkfist for tricking me into playing this heap of poo poo.

I tricked you with the cunning phrase "Hey boat go play this game and tell me how it is".

With that in mind. Hey boat come over here and blow me.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

I tricked you with the cunning phrase "Hey boat go play this game and tell me how it is".

With that in mind. Hey boat come over here and blow me.

Would you like to spend premium currency to speed up the blowjob? Or would you like to wait 15 minutes for it to finish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

Would you like to spend premium currency to speed up the blowjob? Or would you like to wait 15 minutes for it to finish?

I believe this is the one time that we 100% do not want to speed things up.

• Locked thread