Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Blaise330 posted:

WWE 50/50 booked a best of 7 series

Some artists peak early, but Vince McMahon worked a lifetime for his masterpiece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Were the Club really Smark favourites? I might just be underestimating their popularity, but from what I remember about their NJPW run (at least the last year or so of it, which was when I started watching) not many people were really calling them a great team, or even particularly good. It might've been because New Japan's Heavyweight Tag Scene was dire at the time, but I was never that into them and they never seemed super popular. Like, lots of people loved Gallows and Anderson themselves because they're cool funny dudes with an entertaining podcast and Anderson especially was a really underrated guy who deserved a big push. But I don't remember the team itself being loved that much.

Or maybe I just don't know what i'm talking about.

Gun & Gallows were a completely serviceable team that pretty much everyone acknowledged was holding back MGKA from being the great wrestler that he is. When they were signed, I think that every one got excited because maybe a more robust tag division would let them shine. Instead, the tag divisions split and we are left with the Club as a completely serviceable team holding back Karl Anderson from having great WWE singles matches.

• Locked thread