Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which was more embarrassing?
This poll is closed.
The Debate 32 14.81%
MNF 8 3.70%
Donald's Hair 12 5.56%
Six Pickspatrick 48 22.22%
The Texans 50 23.15%
Whatever's about to happen to the Bills. 37 17.13%
Print the Shirts 29 13.43%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

If they don't keep at least making efforts to help Brees break Peyton's various records than he'll take his jimmy johns and go home.

Considering how their FA signings have gone, that's no issue.

I just think they need to purge their dead money, actually draft people, and focus on signing cheap stopgaps on defense so they can maybe move up to being the 25th ranked defense and maybe a few cheap vet offensive pieces so Brees can break some records.

I think the GM needs to be strangled more then anyone else, because man he hosed that team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
N: Cowboys Guard La'el Collins has a torn ligament in his right toe and had surgery to repair that injury this week. He is expected to miss 10-12 games and the Cowboys are considering placing him on IR.

V: This sucks, but hurts our line depth more than the actual line. The Cowboys were smart to hold on to Ron Leary this season (lucky? They reportedly considered trading him to Cleveland for QB McCown during the offseason, but decided against it), giving them a capable, proven starter on the offensive line to replace Collins until the playoffs (if we make them). Leary played all of the 2014 season at Left Guard, but lost his starting job to Collins last year after a groin injury sidelined him for most of the season. The line shouldn't suffer much, particularly if Tyron Smith returns next week. Green is a clear step down, but had a solid game against what may be the league's worst defensive line on Sunday night.

N: The Cowboys are still waiting on the (supposedly precautionary) MRI results for Dez Bryant's knee, though they suspect a sprain.

V: This would be a much bigger deal, so hopefully Dez is alright and if he has to miss games, doesn't miss too many of them.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I love a good Cato the Elder gimmick. especially one I'm in full agreement with. Payton is garbage

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I too would like the Eagles to keep playing, but when they come off the bye it's not like they are being thrown into a defensive grinder. Maybe this week buys the coaches time to draw up some new schemes and keep Carson from being figured out on tape.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Sep 27, 2016

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

I just think they need to purge their dead money, actually draft people, and focus on signing cheap stopgaps on defense so they can maybe move up to being the 25th ranked defense and maybe a few cheap vet offensive pieces so Brees can break some records.

I think the GM needs to be strangled more then anyone else, because man he hosed that team.

I mean yeah. You're right.

But remember as soon as Brees is gone the team is gone.

No one really gives a poo poo about two years from now, because they're one surgically repaired shoulder away from San Antonio.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I am really close to buying into the Wentz hype and it scares me to want something so badly~

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Who knows what Wentz looks like in a year. You can never really know. It's like how we all thought Tom Brady was some godly QB when he is really just a system QB.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

Who knows what Wentz looks like in a year. You can never really know. It's like how we all thought Tom Brady was some godly QB when he is really just a system QB.

Nick Foles tore up poo poo defenses too.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Or how Eli looks like poo poo and then manages to luck into a Superbowl victory.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Eli is by far the shittiest quarterback who will be elected to the HoF

FizFashizzle posted:

Nick Foles tore up poo poo defenses too.

Please don't mention N.F.; it is very triggering, to me.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Or how Flacco won a Superbowl despite being less talented than Big Ben or Andy Dalton.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Was the last time KC played in Pittsburgh the Tyler Palko game?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Eli Manning has 300+ turnovers to his name

HOF

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

DOOP posted:

Eli Manning has 300+ turnovers to his name

HOF

Favre was a first ballot guy, so

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Ross Angeles posted:

Favre was a first ballot guy, so

Yeah and he only beat the Patriots in the SB once

Eli got this and the tears will be glorious

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Eli deserves to be a 1st ballot HOFer for what he did to the Patriots.

Never forget 18-1

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

That Works posted:

Everything about last night was uncomfortable.
That is the first and last debate I'm watching between them. Trump is insufferable.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Wentz is good until he isn't.

The optimist is thrilled with what he's doing, the pessimist just prints out a picture of RG3 and taps it over and over again anytime you say something nice about Wentz.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

indigi posted:

Eli is by far the shittiest quarterback who will be elected to the HoF

Please don't mention N.F.; it is very triggering, to me.

As much as it pains me to admit, this is not even close to true.

e: For example, Joe Namath or Troy Aikman.

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch

indigi posted:

it's probably good for ol' Car-dogg, considering he's a rookie coming back from injury. I haven't (yet) deluded myself into thinking they're going to make some deep run in January, so I'm fine with the bye coming where it is for the rookies/young players. it's also a good time to get Wentz back in the film room and go over some fundamentals/things he needs to work on without having to immediately prep for the following game. also there's no such thing as momentum.

I wasnt saying it cause MOMENTUM

I'm leaving for the Philippines for almost a month next week and want to watch him play again before I go

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

The optimist is thrilled with what he's doing, the pessimist just prints out a picture of RG3 and taps it over and over again anytime you say something nice about Wentz.

Wentz looks like a much more polished product than RG3 ever was. Wentz is playing like a pro out of the pocket, RG3's rookie season was made up of unicorns, rainbows and fantastic feats of athleticism.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Have there been any cases of an otherwise HOF bound QB having several great seasons and then suddenly, without an injury, turning to poo poo?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kalli posted:

A better comparison is the one I'm constantly reading between Wentz and Sanchez. Sanchez also started 3-0 and proceeded to lose 6 of his next 7 games. They aren't the same player at all but they both end with a z...

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

Have there been any cases of an otherwise HOF bound QB having several great seasons and then suddenly, without an injury, turning to poo poo?

He wasn't HOF bound, but McNair fell off a cliff pretty quickly... and then uh, well fell on a bullet I guess.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

Peyton Manning's descent into lovely play was really sudden from that 7-TD Baltimore season opener 2 years ago to last season

Jake Delhomme and Matt Schaub were not HOF-bound, but 2 pretty good QBs that quickly declined

..Mike Vick...sorta counts for something here?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

Never forget 18-1

I hereby excommunicate you from Eagles fandom

Kalli posted:

At least part of RG3's regression was due to injury. Then there was his ego that didn't want to run the same type of option offense anymore, and then also playing for Kyle Shanahan. The injury thing is always a potential issue for everyone, but nothing we've heard about Wentz suggests he has an ego problem (or a really poo poo OC problem)

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

Never forget 18-1

Praise be to Eli. Had the Patriots won that game, we'd still be hearing about it every moment of every day. Instead, Pats fans don't really talk about 16-0 because it invariably leads to 18-1.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Febreeze posted:

Yeah and he only beat the Patriots in the SB once

Eli got this and the tears will be glorious

Beating the pre-Belichick Patriots is like beating the, I dunno, Titans or something. It doesn't count for anything in the OH poo poo HISTORIC WIN Y'ALL bin at all.

Eli should go in the Hall of Fame because his entire career is both awesome and funny as hell. It would be like if Jim Plunkett won both his Super Bowls against the Joe Montana era 49ers teams. OF COURSE that guy makes it no matter what the rest of his career was like, it's just too good.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

indigi posted:

I hereby excommunicate you from Eagles fandom

It really was the worst being an Eagles fan that year. On one hand, the Patriots are insufferable and on the verge of a perfect season, they're also cheaters and beat us in the Superbowl.

On the other hand, the Giants.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Badfinger posted:

As much as it pains me to admit, this is not even close to true.

e: For example, Joe Namath or Troy Aikman.

I recently read a biography of Namath, and I think most people don't realize that by the time he left Alabama, his knees were already destroyed. He was on borrowed time by the time he got to the super bowl. His career was more akin to Gayle Sayers than Troy Aikman. He just refused to quit playing for way longer than he was physically capable.

I now view his career more as what could've been than I see it as underwhelming for a HoF player.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Nail Rat posted:

Praise be to Eli. Had the Patriots won that game, we'd still be hearing about it every moment of every day. Instead, Pats fans don't really talk about 16-0 because it invariably leads to 18-1.

And if you change that, you change all history going forward, and there is no "Seahawks call a slant at the goal line that gets picked while Beats Mode just goes lol and Richard Sherman cries" in football history.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Pron on VHS posted:

Peyton Manning's descent into lovely play was really sudden from that 7-TD Baltimore season opener 2 years ago to last season
You could argue that Peyton's descent into mediocrity was the result of his neck surgeries finally catching up to him

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

indigi posted:

At least part of RG3's regression was due to injury. Then there was his ego that didn't want to run the same type of option offense anymore, and then also playing for Kyle Shanahan. The injury thing is always a potential issue for everyone, but nothing we've heard about Wentz suggests he has an ego problem (or a really poo poo OC problem)

Yeah, I'm mostly going by Wentz's injury in the preseason and reputation for running into vicious hits.

He's looked real good so far, but when I hear things like Kevin Clark basically cantonizing him now I just squint at him disapprovingly.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

sean10mm posted:

Beating the pre-Belichick Patriots is like beating the, I dunno, Titans or something. It doesn't count for anything in the OH poo poo HISTORIC WIN Y'ALL bin at all.

I dunno the 96 Pats were pretty drat good, maybe not historic good but a really good defense and a really good offense.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My boss is a Steelers fan. How much shittalking is too much

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

No Butt Stuff posted:

If you get fired, you went too far.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Once you start to get laryngitis back off.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

Comparing what Wentz did to their defense to say, what Jerry Sandusky did to all those little boys is probably a bridge too far.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Pron on VHS posted:

Jake Delhomme and Matt Schaub were not HOF-bound, but 2 pretty good QBs that quickly declined

..Mike Vick...sorta counts for something here?

Peyton Manning doesn't really fit, does he? He didn't have "several" seasons, he had 15 seasons as the best quarterback in the history of football and 1 old, mediocre season. He had a career ending injury in 2010 and not only did his career not end, he had 3 of the best quarterback seasons ever following it. People eventually get old.

But seriously you guys Eli's path to the HoF is the only reason Joe Namath is in. He was an AWFUL quarterback. He only had 2 seasons where he threw more TDs than INTs.

I need you to know how bad Joe Namath was.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NamaJo00.htm

quote:

I recently read a biography of Namath, and I think most people don't realize that by the time he left Alabama, his knees were already destroyed. He was on borrowed time by the time he got to the super bowl. His career was more akin to Gayle Sayers than Troy Aikman. He just refused to quit playing for way longer than he was physically capable.

I now view his career more as what could've been than I see it as underwhelming for a HoF player.

He won the Super Bowl at age 25. The difference between him and Gale Sayers is that Sayers was actually good in the NFL at literally any point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

I mean, the GM found money for a bunch of FA defensive signings to try and shore up the lovely defense to make another run, they just hired a Rob Ryan to use them so it was all wasted. I guess I just don't really understand how the cap situation has kept the Saints from competing. The offense is still good, the defense is garbage despite a bunch of money being dumped into it. What would they be doing if they had cap space if they had it that would help?

• Locked thread