Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which was more embarrassing?
This poll is closed.
The Debate 32 14.81%
MNF 8 3.70%
Donald's Hair 12 5.56%
Six Pickspatrick 48 22.22%
The Texans 50 23.15%
Whatever's about to happen to the Bills. 37 17.13%
Print the Shirts 29 13.43%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

Week 3 DYAR which spends a whole lot of time on Fitzpatrick's 6 pick game:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2016/week-3-quick-reads

Surprised Dak rated that highly, he looked good but I wasn't thinking THIS IS EPIC HOLY poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ross Angeles posted:

There is something wrong with King Dunlap and everyone is being real hush hush about it. They just refer to it as an illness, and he's not in the concussion protocol

It's lupus.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Ross Angeles posted:

There is something wrong with King Dunlap and everyone is being real hush hush about it. They just refer to it as an illness, and he's not in the concussion protocol

Good thing the Chargers don't have a negative history about hiding concussions

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sean10mm posted:

Surprised Dak rated that highly, he looked good but I wasn't thinking THIS IS EPIC HOLY poo poo.

It wasn't and will fall a lot once defensive adjustments go in because the Bears defense was completely passive and giving up everything short at all times.

The average drive in the first half was basically Elliot runs for 5-9 yards, then they either run again or throw whatever pass they want to convert it and rinse and repeat until you're in the redzone.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Joe Namath was really good, frequently one of the best QBs in the league. QB stats were way different then (even guys like Starr and Tarkenton frequently had more picks than TDs) and Namath led the league in passing 3 times, including having the single season record for 12 years. Jets offense was considerably better when he was healthy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Its never lupus

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

free name changes in GBS: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792025

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kirios posted:

Does the NFL Redzone just show the Colts Jaguars game in its entirety?

Doesn't go on air until the normal time

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Kalli posted:

That play where Trufant blew up Brees last night, I was utterly shocked until I saw the jersey number.

Yeah that was nasty

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hail Satan.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

How could you? :(

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Did you see Pron's? :laffo:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I threw myself to the wolves too. May as well make this place as confusing as possible.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Junior Seau is a no-doubt hall of famer, and LdT is going to waltz in.

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Joe Namath was really good, frequently one of the best QBs in the league. QB stats were way different then (even guys like Starr and Tarkenton frequently had more picks than TDs) and Namath led the league in passing 3 times, including having the single season record for 12 years. Jets offense was considerably better when he was healthy.

:ssh: I double checked all the other HoF QB who overlapped the majority of Namath's career to make sure I wasn't spewing bullshit. They average 7% better completion rate (Starr, Jurgenson, Staubach, Tarkenton, Dawson all had almost exactly a 57% completion rate, which is kind of insane), they all have more TD than INT including years where they had significantly more (rather than +/-2 for Namath). He isn't "oh, just slightly more INT we can adjust for the era", he threw 50 more interceptions than touchdowns. He's the worst quarterback in the HoF.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

No Butt Stuff posted:

I threw myself to the wolves too. May as well make this place as confusing as possible.

:same:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I browse with avatars off so this is all a disaster

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Gynecolojustice posted:

I browse with avatars off so this is all a disaster

literally just turned mine back on because it's gonna take a minute. although i won't forget you.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

See y'all on the flip side.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

weird Asian candy posted:

Did you see Pron's? :laffo:
hahaha

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The wheels fell off of the Gus Bus so fuckit.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Badfinger posted:

:ssh: I double checked all the other HoF QB who overlapped the majority of Namath's career to make sure I wasn't spewing bullshit. They average 7% better completion rate (Starr, Jurgenson, Staubach, Tarkenton, Dawson all had almost exactly a 57% completion rate, which is kind of insane), they all have more TD than INT including years where they had significantly more (rather than +/-2 for Namath). He isn't "oh, just slightly more INT we can adjust for the era", he threw 50 more interceptions than touchdowns. He's the worst quarterback in the HoF.
Chase Stuart has a good write-up on why TD/INT ratio is mostly meaningless in his context.

http://www.footballperspective.com/joe-namath-has-become-footballs-most-misunderstood-quarterback/

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

now I won't be able to recognize anyone in here

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Malloreon posted:

now I won't be able to recognize anyone in here
does everyone here browse with avatars off?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

You got one of the best in the thread

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Welp

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Ice cold horchata is No Butt Stuff, need to keep my Chiefs bros IDed

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

does everyone here browse with avatars off?

I haven't had avatars on in years.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

IcePhoenix posted:

You got one of the best in the thread
Indeed hahaha

Now if only I had picked a better football team 21 years ago.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
LdT, Antonio Gates, Junior Seau, Derrick Thomas, Tony Gonzales and Jamaal Charles are like six of the most iconic football players who aren't QBs of the last 20 years. No one is going to forget them, wtf

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Eh, like I knew who everyone was in the first place.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Gynecolojustice posted:

Ice cold horchata is No Butt Stuff, need to keep my Chiefs bros IDed

wtf is a horchata

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

ice cold horchata posted:

wtf is a horchata

:stare:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

we aren't all from los angeles.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
It's a nourishing and delightful drink from Latin America, the kind you enjoy after some lawn work

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jamaica is better, but you'll always have a special place in my heart.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Any relation to Rumchata?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

wtf is a horchata

Nvm. gently caress you and die, cracker.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Jamaica is better, but you'll always have a special place in my heart.

My man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Gynecolojustice posted:

It's a nourishing and delightful drink from Latin America, the kind you enjoy after some lawn work

I googled it and found a recipe. Is there a good way to make this booze filled, or should I just stick to the basics?

• Locked thread