Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which was more embarrassing?
This poll is closed.
The Debate 32 14.81%
MNF 8 3.70%
Donald's Hair 12 5.56%
Six Pickspatrick 48 22.22%
The Texans 50 23.15%
Whatever's about to happen to the Bills. 37 17.13%
Print the Shirts 29 13.43%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

JJ Watt placed on IR.

the new IR rule sure does seem to be getting a lot of work this year. honestly, probably a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

fsif posted:

"You enjoy your little pranks, Rex, we'll enjoy our 4-0 and Super Bowl rings." - a Patriots fan, probably, come Monday morn-

...or come literally minutes later.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Not mcmagic!

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
w/e dude, i'd wear that Trampled by Turtles t-shirt in a minute.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

I wouldn't have guessed the Vikings would be sitting so pretty here. I can understand why, they already have one win over Green Bay and the rest of the division is...shall we politely say questionable. Still possibly being in the 90% range after Sunday makes my brain balk at something.

Wins over Carolina and New York will also be pretty meaningful for potential Wild Card tie breakers.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

Players of the Month for September:

AFC:
O: LeGarrette Blount - 75 carries, 295 yards, 4 TD's, and one cornerback hurdled this season.
D: Von Miller - 5 sacks, 3 against Andrew Luck
ST: Justin Tucker - 9 for 9 on FG's

NFC:
O: Matt Ryan - 7 TD's to 1 int, 71% completion percentage while torching the Saints and Raiders secondaries *cough*
D: Fletcher Cox - 3 sacks, 2 against Roethlisberger
ST: Dustin Hopkins - 11 for 11 on FG's.

Rookie
O: Carson Wentz - HoF
D: Deion Jones - LB for the Falcons

Based on the criteria for the AFC Defensive Player of the Month, Everson Griffen was screwed :colbert:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

The Vikings play in the AFC?

Yes, obviously.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

Oh the NFL doesn't release any criteria or notice.

You'd think if you were doing this, you'd have a highlight package ready to go and have some talking heads go Wow, this guy! for a minute, but instead this is the entirety of what they release:

I didn't really think they had a criteria, nor do I think Griffen got "robbed". It really only stood out cause you could do a find and replace NFL.com's write up of Von Miller with Everson Griffen and it'd be pretty much the same thing.

But you're right though - like, why does the NFL.com story not have a highlight package? Their fan engagement leaves a lot to be desired (i want to die every time i read their twitter captions).

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Mystic Stylez posted:

lol if you think tff can appreciate a football player for what he is on field without sperging out about hundred other things

oh poo poo, rack'em

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

Huh, you know, usually NFL contract TRADE ideas have no prayer of working due to cap space and accelerated dead money and the age of the players involved.

Joe Thomas is in year 5 of a 7 year deal, has zero future dead money, and is only being paid $10m for each of the next two years.

Joe Thomas is on his age 31 year... there's a pretty drat good argument trading for him is worth a first round pick.

I'd easily give up a first and a fourth round pick.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Flikken posted:

It's fun watching TFF lusting over Joe Thomas to x team rumors every year. And now they think we will give up the most stable part of our o line while our QBS are taking a beating and repeatedly claiming to not be tanking. Also nevermind that for whatever reason Joe DOES NOT WANT TO LEAVE.

it's a joke cause that's what the Vikings traded for Bradford, sorry for triggering you.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
You mean football?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if a ton more players (or certainly more high profile players) are heading to the IR this year now that you can just bring a single player back after 6 weeks regardless of when they went on and don't have to pick them as eligible to return before they go on the IR.

Like, I doubt the Vikings wouldn't have put AP on the IR without that rule.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

:allears: oh miko, how i wish you could be mine. sike! gently caress yall!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

rjmccall posted:

Redskins trademark update tl;dr: nothing happened of any importance.

The 8-justice Supreme Court is currently considering a case involving unnotable Portland all-Asian indie-electronic band The Slants. Federal trademark law allows trademarks to be rejected if they're offensive, or at least it did until The Slants convinced the Federal Circuit that that part of the law is unconstitutional (IIRC, by a general rule that excessively vague laws lead to unconstitutionally inconsistent application). The federal trademark office is appealing; that case will be heard sometime this term.

The Redskins are currently appealing a district court judgment against them to the 4th Circuit. The Federal Circuit case doesn't directly affect that because circuits are weird and have their own system of precedent. That case has not been heard by the 4th yet, but Redskins asked the Court to consider the cases together anyway. Today, the Court declined. This doesn't change anything about the Redskins case; it will still eventually be heard by the 4th and then probably appealed from there. By the time of that appeal, at least, we'll probably have gotten the Supreme Court ruling from the Slants case, which will probably have some significant bearing on the Redskins case unless somehow it's 4-4. But it's all going to be in appeal for the next eternity.

print the shirts with the redskins logo, no one can stop you!

• Locked thread