Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which was more embarrassing?
This poll is closed.
The Debate 32 14.81%
MNF 8 3.70%
Donald's Hair 12 5.56%
Six Pickspatrick 48 22.22%
The Texans 50 23.15%
Whatever's about to happen to the Bills. 37 17.13%
Print the Shirts 29 13.43%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Antonio Brown is going to run wild Sunday night and I am not looking forward to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A.o.D. posted:

Furthermore, it is my opinion that Sean Payton must be fired.

I understand your feelings, but why exactly do you think this would make things better?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A.o.D. posted:

Furthermore, it is my opinion that Sean Payton must be fired.

I guess I know nothing about the Saints other than the ownership lawsuit stuff, does Payton have full personnel control? Because other than a cap wizard to tell them 'no, oh god do not do this' that seems like the biggest issue there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

If SA wanted Maximum Chaos they should make a thread where they make your name just slightly different from another forums user so you get Wal Mart brand forums posters.

Hey guys its me your friend Lord Waffle Bear

Damnit Now I want an ann frank fanfic. Who will post delusional screeds on forever champs Oklahoma, Tulsa, Navy and Oklahoma City along with Bush family conspiracies.

TFF is unhealthy for you.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

Any good QBs in next year's draft?

I guess the ones to watch are Deshaun Watson (Clemson), Brad Kaaya (Miami) and Chad Kelly (Ole Miss). Before the season people were including DeShone Kizer from Notre Dame in the first round types for some reason, but I think that's gone now.

Unfortunately Lamar Jackson is a true sophomore, so don't even bother. Well do because he's amazing to watch, but you know.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Coldforge posted:

Seth Russell, Nick Mullins, DeShone Kizer and Deshaun Watson.

I haven't seen him play a whole lot so maybe he wows people but I think Mullens is going to run into size problems, he's listed at 6'1" which makes me think he's 6'0" if he's lucky. You're probably right that I shouldn't dismiss Kizer, he's going to test really well and maybe no one will remember some not particularly great play at the start of this season by the end.

You're high on Russell? He's looked pretty good from what I've seen but I wonder how much he'll get downgraded for the whole never seen a playbook/other guys from Baylor were viewed as a gimmick that worked for a year and a guy who the Jets gave up on to draft Hackenberg.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah I kinda agree, he's Cutlerish without the diabetes and without the arm (although it's very good, it just ain't that good). Having said that he's gonna get drafted fairly high.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

This is a much less cool act of God than the Dee Gordon home run or that guy from the Cardinals who grew up on the same street as Jose Fernandez hitting his first career grand slam.

Back off God, we know you like baseball.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't know what you're talking about, those stands are packed.

Also as big as the stands in my little league games way back when, but they are in fact full.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a new study bible! posted:

Better or worse than Wade Phillips?

I don't think Wade was that bad of a head coach if we're comparing retread hires. He would need a good situation where the players were self motivated to succeed though, since drat he's just a silly old man who can coach a hell of a defense and loves players.

Also probably needs someone other than Jason Garrett as an OC and not to be connected to the Bills in any fashion.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

Wasn't Dee Milliner expected to be good and Jets fans were happy about it?

When he was drafted yes? After that not so much.

e: at least around here I mean

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CyberPingu posted:

Or Bon Jovi...

Bon Jovi should have been the Bills just to piss the entire fanbase off again.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

weird Asian candy posted:

We are flying too close to the sun, Chili.

Which of you two was all upset that someone called Matt Ryan good in the QB thread?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ice cold horchata posted:

Chances to make the playoffs along with the impact of this week's game.

I wouldn't have guessed the Vikings would be sitting so pretty here. I can understand why, they already have one win over Green Bay and the rest of the division is...shall we politely say questionable. Still possibly being in the 90% range after Sunday makes my brain balk at something.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MacheteZombie posted:

Yeah I knew about the weekly leaders. Sadly my buddy requesting the stats wants team stats. Guess I'll just have to make it by subtracting stats weekly. Sigh.

Whatever code is used for 1kob might be able to strip weekly stats on a team basis with some tweaks? It's worth checking out, the smarthouse thread is where I first heard about the idea.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'd forgotten all about Randy Gregory, but he's been suspended an additional 10 weeks for violating the substance abuse policy.

He was already serving a 4 game suspension for the same reason.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

So JJ had another back surgery, which means he's absolutely done for the season

Remember when you said he was already better than Reggie White?

Something about hubris goes here.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

adaz posted:

Suh is amazing, and as a Nebraska fan I love him most dearly. In college he was exactly what Watt was - an unstoppable force able to dominate games and throw quarterbacks around like rag dolls. He can't really do that in the NFL with any sort of consistency especially now that he is stuck on whatever it is that the dolphins assembled. JJ Watt can.

Which is funny because Watt wasn't that in college. He was good for sure, but Suh is probably the single most dominant college defensive player that I have personally watched.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

QB1: 67/107, 62.6%, 723 yards, 4 TD, 4 INT, 6.8 Y/A
QB2: 65/109, 59.6%, 695 yards, 3 TD, 4 INT, 6.4 Y/A

QB3: 63/108, 58.3%, 809 yards, 5TD, 5 INT, 7.5 Y/A
QB4: 76/118, 64.4%, 774 yards, 3TD, 4 INT, 6.6 Y/A

A bunch of uglyish TD/INT rates after 3 games.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

Since when is anyone from the Belichick coaching tree a "real football coach"?

Everyone in Alabama will disagree with this.

Hell, they try to say Saban was railroaded in Miami.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

My guess is he'll play in week 7, after the mini bye following the Denver game

I guess he has a tweaked hamstring after looking?

If that's an excuse and it isn't injury related this is just baffling. I mean, you took the guy 3rd overall and a big part of his upside is how NFL ready he was supposed to be.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Flikken posted:

It's fun watching TFF lusting over Joe Thomas to x team rumors every year. And now they think we will give up the most stable part of our o line while our QBS are taking a beating and repeatedly claiming to not be tanking. Also nevermind that for whatever reason Joe DOES NOT WANT TO LEAVE.

Agreed, but you know, this bit? They're lying. Like every team that tanks.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I mostly agree if they are going to go hard after a real franchise QB. But the thing is what is more valuable to a team attempting to rebuild:

Two years of good left tackle play under a veteran contract?

-OR-

A first round pick?

I think you edited this or I imagined something, but the Browns have the most cap space in the league.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Probably, but it won't mean much if the rumor regarding the pound of weed the TSA found in his luggage is real

I mean, if that were true he wouldn't be going to rehab but to prison.

Also weed people on Deadspin have a decent point that you wouldn't be packing a pound of weed on a flight from Cleveland to California, it'd probably be the other way around.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Nah Manziel was born into a rich family and could return to the NFL as it stands.

Yeeeeeahhhh but...well you see he'd have to give any shits at all about anything for that to happen. Which he apparently doesn't.

Maybe Josh Gordon doesn't either but he hasn't already thrown his life away post rehab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

nerve posted:

i sincerely do not understand the ironic mike grimes liking. shes a trashperson. a poo poo bag garbage trashperson. a fucker.

I think it's the cakes.

• Locked thread