Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which was more embarrassing?
This poll is closed.
The Debate 32 14.81%
MNF 8 3.70%
Donald's Hair 12 5.56%
Six Pickspatrick 48 22.22%
The Texans 50 23.15%
Whatever's about to happen to the Bills. 37 17.13%
Print the Shirts 29 13.43%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Bears have lost six straight to the Lions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

See y'all on the flip side.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I feel like a new poster.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I'm glad that the powers that be capitalized my new name appropriately.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Aaron Dobson is a Lion and Joique Bell is a Bear. There is no fresh posting start. :(

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Jim Schwartz is a bad head coach.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

a new study bible! posted:

Better or worse than Wade Phillips?

Did Wade ever curse out his own fans? Did Wade ban his cornerbacks from intercepting the ball in practice? Did Wade run the blandest defense possible when he was the head honcho?

I appreciate what Schwartz did to get the Lions out of the dumpster, but he has a lot of mistakes to fix if he wants to be a good head coach.

Also he looks too much like Dean from Supernatural.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Intruder posted:

Haha did this really happen

I can't find it now, but it was part of the standard rumor chum following any firing. And it fit perfectly with the way Schwartz's staff treated Stafford as a finished product with no need for improvement.

I did find this, though! :allears:

Coldforge posted:

I'm really nervous now that the Lions are going to steal Jim Tomsula from the Niners. Not only would losing him suck, but the thought of one of the best D-line coaches in the league going to that team scares the crap out of me.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Just let me imagine the Jim Tomsula Lions.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Interesting article on why teams playing at the Packers stay in Appleton rather than Green Bay.

quote:

This is the most peculiar hotel situation in the NFL. While there are numerous fine hotels within spitting distance of Lambeau, teams choose to stay a ways away at what is not exactly a luxury establishment. “A 30-minute drive from the hotel to the stadium is pretty commonplace in other NFL cities,” Aaron Popkey, the Packers’ director of public affairs and former travel manager, told me, and, in places like Dallas or San Francisco teams frequently stay more than 30 minutes away from the stadium.* But according to Rich Ryman, the Packers business reporter for the Green Bay Press-Gazette, it’s the only situation where a visiting NFL team stays in a different city—not just a suburb or adjacent metropolitan area—from the home team.

[...]

Why isn’t Green Bay the place to be for visiting NFL teams? The NFL is a different league than it was in the 1980s. As pro football grew in popularity, the financial gap between fans and players grew, and front offices became more protective of their most valuable assets. Security details got bigger and teams wanted to be a bit more secluded. The Paper Valley offered the perfect give and take: Teams would sacrifice the perks (and price) of boutique downtown hotels for assurances of security and privacy. As one reporter summarized it for me, “the players are not fans of the hotel, but the teams are.” In other cities, teams sometimes find seclusion in the suburbs or near the airport—though they mostly choose to stay as close to the stadium as possible. Generally, they don’t skimp on expensive hotels. But when they fly to northern Wisconsin, they do.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The dreaded Lions run game.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Ndamukong Suh is a Warren Buffet-schmoozing, Carl Icahn-retweeting tool who happens to play DT. He's Russell Wilson's brain in a man mountain's body. I miss him very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Continuing the fine tradition of Belichick assistants making the playoffs once, losing immediately and never going back again.

• Locked thread