Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which was more embarrassing?
This poll is closed.
The Debate 32 14.81%
MNF 8 3.70%
Donald's Hair 12 5.56%
Six Pickspatrick 48 22.22%
The Texans 50 23.15%
Whatever's about to happen to the Bills. 37 17.13%
Print the Shirts 29 13.43%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Wentz is good until he isn't.

The optimist is thrilled with what he's doing, the pessimist just prints out a picture of RG3 and taps it over and over again anytime you say something nice about Wentz.

Wentz looks like a much more polished product than RG3 ever was. Wentz is playing like a pro out of the pocket, RG3's rookie season was made up of unicorns, rainbows and fantastic feats of athleticism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

Have there been any cases of an otherwise HOF bound QB having several great seasons and then suddenly, without an injury, turning to poo poo?

He wasn't HOF bound, but McNair fell off a cliff pretty quickly... and then uh, well fell on a bullet I guess.

Nov 6, 2002

You can't rush back back problems, err wait you can't rush back with back problems. Hmm that's not it. You can't come back to back problems when... damnit no.

back

Nov 6, 2002

I feel pretty strongly that the Bills will win this.

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

I hate the biannual ritual of Bill Belichick heaping effusive praise on my trash rear end team.

https://twitter.com/matthewfairburn/status/781124491539804160

Meanwhile, upstate...

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/rex-ryan-pokes-fun-patriots-bill-belichick-impression/story?id=42397336&yptr=yahoo

Nov 6, 2002

With that name? No thanks.

Nov 6, 2002

commy gun posted:

Mass name changes are fun.

So what's the joke

New feature: Now pay $50 to change your awful new name!

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

I get that this would be a very Rex game to win, but I can't really picture a scenario for Bills victory. Maybe Rex is able to flummox Garappolo with some weird coverages, but based on the Bills past history with him, Blount is drat near guaranteed two touchdowns and 7 YPC.

Plus, Sammy's likely out and Woods will be completely shut down by Butler. I'm sure McCoy and Tyrod will have a few good runs, but I doubt Belichick's defense will be caught as flat-footed as Arizona's was.

PLUS PLUS, the Patriots are at home and coming off a long rest. Just... yeah.

I think Garappolo is going to play, but he's going to be very limited and they'll try to lean on the run game. The Bills are giving up around 98/ypg on the ground, which isn't particular good or bad. They should do better if New England is somewhat one dimensional, which I expect them to be. The struggle for the Bills will be to score, as you said with Watkins out New England will be able to focus all their effort on shutting down McCoy.

That being said, this is the fourth game without Brady and it just feels like it's time for the "magic Belichick makes backup QBs great" trope to die an ugly death. And the Ryans would be the perfect dudes for it to happen against.

Nov 6, 2002

Ehud posted:

We already had an awful offensive line and LB corps before this game and now we are going to be down 2 more linemen and 2 more LB's in this game

You have nothing to worry about. We have no run game, awful pass protection, a laughable back 7 on defense and the worst run defense in the league.

After MNF the Saints now hold that honor.

By 2 yards per game more.

:wink:

Nov 6, 2002

GaussianCopula posted:

I'd rather have some idiot from sports radio (or Bill Simms) take care of the jokes while our head coach is busy preparing the team to go 4-0. But that's just me.

But you guys really need to watch the Rex&Rob "not Hard Knocks" show. The fact that they spent their evenings watching TV and bagging baseball cards is just insane - not as insane as him shouting "MASSIVE SUCCESS" like a TV show character but insane nonetheless.

dude

Nov 6, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFfmR7q77Mg

Nov 6, 2002

sharknado slashfic posted:

Wait this is ok to say now?

Christ probably wasn't gay.

Nov 6, 2002

CyberPingu posted:

Or Bon Jovi...

Bon Jovi is more of a Jersey guy.

I mean, he had that whole album and everything.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

Seriously, how hard would it be to roll up on the NBA and poach away some of their fan engagement people?

They have bigger problems now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/29/why-is-tv-viewership-down/

Perhaps we've finally found the issue that could remove the golden commissioner.

Nov 6, 2002

The Browns.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

Huh, you know, usually NFL contract TRADE ideas have no prayer of working due to cap space and accelerated dead money and the age of the players involved.

Joe Thomas is in year 5 of a 7 year deal, has zero future dead money, and is only being paid $10m for each of the next two years.

Joe Thomas is on his age 31 year... there's a pretty drat good argument trading for him is worth a first round pick.

A 1st still seems high for a non-QB on the wrong side of 30.

Nov 6, 2002

Unless they plan on drafting a franchise quarterback next season, keeping Thomas on the roster is really, really dumb. He is not going to be in this team's long term future, so trade him while he's still near peak value. If they keep him for next two years they will have squandered his trade value for what? To protect a few garbo quarterbacks during more rebuilding/losing seasons?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Only a contender would pay a premium for Thomas but what contender has a massive whole at LT in the first place?

Seahawks, Vikings, Panthers.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

That said, one has to presume that with the failed RG3 experiment, the nothings they have behind him and the utter despair that is the rest of their roster, that they will be drafting a quarterback next year. So in that sense, it makes sense to keep JT around, because, if he's happy with losing, having your rookie QB be able to stand in a nice pocket makes development a hell of a lot easier, just ask the Cowboys or Broncos this year.

I mostly agree if they are going to go hard after a real franchise QB. But the thing is what is more valuable to a team attempting to rebuild:

Two years of good left tackle play under a veteran contract?

-OR-

A first round pick?

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

I agree they should stockpile picks, but at the same time, if Joe Thomas is really the mythological story we've been told who is happy in Cleveland and just wants to build a winner, then trading him could actually be significantly damaging to the locker room culture there, and that's gotta be a fragile loving place as is.

Locker room culture is the least of the Browns' problems. Lack of talent and depth is a bigger problem. More picks solve that problem.

Smart teams get rid of players while they're still valuable assets. The Browns should make the smart - if unpopular - move here.

Nov 6, 2002

I think Gronk's drug of choice is flavored vodka.

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/781900654591827969

Nov 6, 2002

For real AFCE Incest

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/782316235732029440

Nov 6, 2002

I think he was actually the smart one.

Nov 6, 2002

So drawing from the transitive nature of football obviously the Eagles would drop 70+ points if they played the Chiefs.

Nov 6, 2002

My understanding is that Ryan and Roman disagreed over how to use Tyrod - Ryan wanted to feature his athleticism more.

Also Roman reportedly said Rex was a buffoon who was going to ruin Roman's career.

Nov 6, 2002

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Quinn would be a huge idiot to let Coleman play considering there's precedence with Clark

Dan Quinn looks like the kind of guy who doesn't listen to a bunch of pinheads about "medical science" and "risk management".

Nov 6, 2002

Dan Quinn looks like the villain of the week in a Walker Texas Ranger episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

I was kind of surprised the Onion didn't do an article about Brady getting fat and out of shape from watching football for a month. There was a legit article where he exclaimed how amazing the Redzone channel is - he had never seen it before.

• Locked thread