Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which was more embarrassing?
This poll is closed.
The Debate 32 14.81%
MNF 8 3.70%
Donald's Hair 12 5.56%
Six Pickspatrick 48 22.22%
The Texans 50 23.15%
Whatever's about to happen to the Bills. 37 17.13%
Print the Shirts 29 13.43%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

you can't just change your name, fellas :-/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Stupid Dick posted:

The Dolphins are going to beat the Primetime Bengals and I'm going to kill myself and there will be an eliminator bloodbath.

We already had an awful offensive line and LB corps before this game and now we are going to be down 2 more linemen and 2 more LB's in this game

You have nothing to worry about. We have no run game, awful pass protection, a laughable back 7 on defense and the worst run defense in the league.

Like if you can't beat us this year you should fire Marvin Lewis. The Browns took us to OT with Terrelle Pryor playing there different positions.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cervix-A-Lot posted:

Yeah, the Bengals won't win tonight. Primetime, still no Eifert, O-line blows, etc etc.

You guys have no idea how bad Miami is this year lol

Also the game is tomorrow

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

NC-17 posted:

After MNF the Saints now hold that honor.

By 2 yards per game more.

:wink:

we shall reclaim our top spot on Thursday

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Stupid Dick posted:

If I've learned anything in my 34 years on this earth, it's to never underestimate the Bengals' ability to disappoint.

we are a bad team starting even worse players than normal due to injuries, we are on the road and it's a a short week

kill you are selves if you lose

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/781165149105352704

Rex Ryan owns

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

also, the patriots are the most boring team and they're sucking the fun out of football IMO

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BitterAvatar posted:

I didn't know going 8-8 was fun

Dolphins are going 5-11 FYI

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

GaussianCopula posted:

I'd rather have some idiot from sports radio (or Bill Simms) take care of the jokes while our head coach is busy preparing the team to go 4-0. But that's just me.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

maybe he was hacked!!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I like the Browns / Bone Thugs shirt

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Goo Goo Dolls and Bills lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I wish the Miami Dolphins could hide in the obscurity of another 1pm game

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a neat cape posted:

Didn't the last Dolphins/Bengals game end on an overtime safety

yeah and it was predicted in a goon's dream

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

is it a slideshow with 1000 slides

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

wrong thread

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

reminder that football starts at 9:30am lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Brissett is starting today

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blarfk posted:

Wait. What about last week?

lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/iheartmiko/status/782963741545598976

:q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

swickles posted:

Couple things, first he doesn't have sickle cell anemia, he has the sickle cell trait. If you remember high school biology, you inherit half your genes from mom and the other from dad. Inheriting two genes that are recessive, confers sickle cell anemia. Only inheriting one gene for it gives you the sickle cell trait.

So what is the difference? People with sickle cell trait can and often do live perfectly normal lives. In fact, having the traits tends to confer some resistance to malaria, so if you live on a country where its endemic, then its actually an advantage. However, in a small percent of people with sickle cell trait, they will react very poorly to high altitude. Ryan Clark was in that small percentage and lost his spleen and gall bladder due to them becoming infarcted (blood flow was blocked) and dying. It is unknown how Tevin Coleman will react, but simply going by the statistics, there is a 99% chance he will be perfectly fine.

That's basically it, but if you want to know a little more about why this happens I will continue. If you don't then skip this. Sickle cell anemia is a disease where the hemoglobin (the thing that transports oxygen) is slightly defective. This causes the blood cells to become misshaped (they actually form crescents, or sickles hence the name). The problem is that they then clump together and essentially form tiny clots all of the body. If they get large and/or numerous enough, they can block bloodflow to a whole organ (the spleen almost always gets hit first). In the sickle cell trait, only half (and often way less because of the bodies other mechanisms for dealing with this sort of thing) of the cells have this problematic hemoglobin. One thing you have to know about hemoglobin, is that its shape is dependent on how much oxygen its carrying. As the oxygen leaves, it becomes mishaped. Not a problem for most people, but in the sickle trait along with hypoxia that little problem tends to ramp up and you go from being a sickle trait person, to having identical blood as a full sickle cell anemia person.

I understand this post

• Locked thread