Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which was more embarrassing?
This poll is closed.
The Debate 32 14.81%
MNF 8 3.70%
Donald's Hair 12 5.56%
Six Pickspatrick 48 22.22%
The Texans 50 23.15%
Whatever's about to happen to the Bills. 37 17.13%
Print the Shirts 29 13.43%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

Considering how their FA signings have gone, that's no issue.

I just think they need to purge their dead money, actually draft people, and focus on signing cheap stopgaps on defense so they can maybe move up to being the 25th ranked defense and maybe a few cheap vet offensive pieces so Brees can break some records.

I think the GM needs to be strangled more then anyone else, because man he hosed that team.

I mean, the GM found money for a bunch of FA defensive signings to try and shore up the lovely defense to make another run, they just hired a Rob Ryan to use them so it was all wasted. I guess I just don't really understand how the cap situation has kept the Saints from competing. The offense is still good, the defense is garbage despite a bunch of money being dumped into it. What would they be doing if they had cap space if they had it that would help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

Well, they've had problems in the draft, so they'd still be a bit talent poor on defense, but basically they wouldn't have $18m in dead money in 2018 already due to restructuring Brees over and over again, and probably have a couple of mid-tier caliber defensive players where the replacement and sub-replacement players on defense are.

If Brees is gone in 2018 then they've got bigger problems than that 18 million in dead money and that's a lost season anyway. If he's still there he will be restructured. It's basically a one year cap bomb that is going to come in what will likely be a big rebuilding year anyway. Having money this year to try and field a team while Brees is still good is worth more than money in 2018 when he may be old and broken and playing for the Texans and the Saints are starting a McCown or something.

The Saints aren't Denver, there was never going to be a soft landing to the post Brees years because it's a team built around him.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

ahem

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Maybe he just prefers to get it straight from the source and not in a glass?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

lol

• Locked thread