Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which was more embarrassing?
This poll is closed.
The Debate 32 14.81%
MNF 8 3.70%
Donald's Hair 12 5.56%
Six Pickspatrick 48 22.22%
The Texans 50 23.15%
Whatever's about to happen to the Bills. 37 17.13%
Print the Shirts 29 13.43%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

oldgoatmon posted:

I listened to that interview and still felt like it was spin.

The preseason doesn't hold the physical weight for vets as it might for someone trying to make a roster spot. It's still dumb and they should flex the bye so wentz can keep on playing.

They had an Andy Reid-style pads on 2-a-day training camp. I know everyone is excited to see football mans tackle each other, but I can't fathom how loving exhausting that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

indigi posted:

Eli is by far the shittiest quarterback who will be elected to the HoF

Please don't mention N.F.; it is very triggering, to me.

As much as it pains me to admit, this is not even close to true.

e: For example, Joe Namath or Troy Aikman.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Pron on VHS posted:

Peyton Manning's descent into lovely play was really sudden from that 7-TD Baltimore season opener 2 years ago to last season

Jake Delhomme and Matt Schaub were not HOF-bound, but 2 pretty good QBs that quickly declined

..Mike Vick...sorta counts for something here?

Peyton Manning doesn't really fit, does he? He didn't have "several" seasons, he had 15 seasons as the best quarterback in the history of football and 1 old, mediocre season. He had a career ending injury in 2010 and not only did his career not end, he had 3 of the best quarterback seasons ever following it. People eventually get old.

But seriously you guys Eli's path to the HoF is the only reason Joe Namath is in. He was an AWFUL quarterback. He only had 2 seasons where he threw more TDs than INTs.

I need you to know how bad Joe Namath was.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NamaJo00.htm

quote:

I recently read a biography of Namath, and I think most people don't realize that by the time he left Alabama, his knees were already destroyed. He was on borrowed time by the time he got to the super bowl. His career was more akin to Gayle Sayers than Troy Aikman. He just refused to quit playing for way longer than he was physically capable.

I now view his career more as what could've been than I see it as underwhelming for a HoF player.

He won the Super Bowl at age 25. The difference between him and Gale Sayers is that Sayers was actually good in the NFL at literally any point.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Junior Seau is a no-doubt hall of famer, and LdT is going to waltz in.

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Joe Namath was really good, frequently one of the best QBs in the league. QB stats were way different then (even guys like Starr and Tarkenton frequently had more picks than TDs) and Namath led the league in passing 3 times, including having the single season record for 12 years. Jets offense was considerably better when he was healthy.

:ssh: I double checked all the other HoF QB who overlapped the majority of Namath's career to make sure I wasn't spewing bullshit. They average 7% better completion rate (Starr, Jurgenson, Staubach, Tarkenton, Dawson all had almost exactly a 57% completion rate, which is kind of insane), they all have more TD than INT including years where they had significantly more (rather than +/-2 for Namath). He isn't "oh, just slightly more INT we can adjust for the era", he threw 50 more interceptions than touchdowns. He's the worst quarterback in the HoF.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Kalli posted:

ST: K Dustin Hopkins - gently caress if I know

The same way all kickers get recognized - succeeding when the rest of the offense fails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Said like the South Park way not the mean way

Those are the same?

:thejoke:?

• Locked thread