Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which was more embarrassing?
This poll is closed.
The Debate 32 14.81%
MNF 8 3.70%
Donald's Hair 12 5.56%
Six Pickspatrick 48 22.22%
The Texans 50 23.15%
Whatever's about to happen to the Bills. 37 17.13%
Print the Shirts 29 13.43%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Badfinger posted:

:ssh: I double checked all the other HoF QB who overlapped the majority of Namath's career to make sure I wasn't spewing bullshit. They average 7% better completion rate (Starr, Jurgenson, Staubach, Tarkenton, Dawson all had almost exactly a 57% completion rate, which is kind of insane), they all have more TD than INT including years where they had significantly more (rather than +/-2 for Namath). He isn't "oh, just slightly more INT we can adjust for the era", he threw 50 more interceptions than touchdowns. He's the worst quarterback in the HoF.
Chase Stuart has a good write-up on why TD/INT ratio is mostly meaningless in his context.

http://www.footballperspective.com/joe-namath-has-become-footballs-most-misunderstood-quarterback/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ehud posted:

you can't just change your name, fellas :-/
Welp. This is who i am now.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I hope its a repetitive motion injury from chopping too much wood.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Dee Milliner had a strong rookie season and won defensive rookie of the month that year, 3 INTs the year, zero since. Then he got perpetually injured and ultimately could never climb his way up the depth chart. Only played in like like 20 games in 4 years.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Athanatos posted:

Matt Ryan is good in the same way plain white bread is good.
White bread is meaningless and awful.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Seattle @ Jets is going to be a rain game. I hope it's a slopfest nightmare and Wilson will be running around on it.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bedard on DPI being out of control.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/09/29/nfl-defensive-pass-interference-penalties-blanket-coverage

quote:

Let’s unpack this. The Packers have thrown for 580 net yards this season—29th in the league—and they’ve picked up another 177 through DPI penalties (the next closest team is Denver, at 79 yards gained from DPI penalties). If you combine the numbers, the Packers have gained 757 yards through passing—a 30.5% increase through penalties—which would place them 14th in the league, right behind the Steelers (762). When five teams (Texans, Colts, Bills, Panthers and Ravens) haven’t gained a single DPI penalty yard, and another five have fewer than 10, something is wrong. It’s very wrong when a player named “Defensive PassInterference” is second for the Packers in receiving yardage behind Jordy Nelson (206) and ahead of Randall Cobb (132).

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

That's a very reasonable thing to do Josh. Good for him.

Speaking of which, what ever happened to Justin Blackmon?

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 29, 2016

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Look, white people.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Browns are releasing Josh Gordon, per SI.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Marshmallow Blue posted:

So what was behind the OC firing on the Bills? I mean the first game was a bit sour but you put up 31 the next week against a division opponent.
That wasn't actually 31 points. 7 were off a fumble returned for a TD and 7 were straight garbage time fluff.

E: And if you want to get deeper, an additional 7 were off a broken play 70 yarder to Salas, which wasn't exactly indicative of the offense being any good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

RIP T*m Br*dy

https://twitter.com/KevinRDuffy/status/783040708680744961

• Locked thread