Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which was more embarrassing?
This poll is closed.
The Debate 32 14.81%
MNF 8 3.70%
Donald's Hair 12 5.56%
Six Pickspatrick 48 22.22%
The Texans 50 23.15%
Whatever's about to happen to the Bills. 37 17.13%
Print the Shirts 29 13.43%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

Oh wow, I was going to make a joke about the Falcons getting off to a hot start again this year, but the next 3 weeks they play the panthers, then @Broncos and @Seahawks.

Gonna guess those offensive stats won't be so pretty soon enough.

Before the season, I would have feared this three game stretch...seeing the way the Panthers and Seahawks have struggled, I'm not nearly as concerned. Granted, they will put up a fight much more than the Saints did, but it looks like this offense could be legit very good and can challenge just about any defenses that aren't top tier elite like the Broncos.

Carolina is still Carolina though, i would not doubt they win this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ross Angeles posted:

Eli is going to the HoF and Rivers won't despite putting up better numbers across the board than Eli and never having a #1 WR to throw to and I'm gonna be salty about it forever

Not a WR, technically, but Gates is probably better than anyone Eli has ever had to throw to (with the exception of maybe OBJ now), no?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kalli posted:

Oh my god you guys.

I just realized we're going to get to watch the Falcons pass rush vs the Seahawks offensive line for an entire game.

Yes sir. It will be like watching a fight at the special olympics.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kalli posted:

That play where Trufant blew up Brees last night, I was utterly shocked until I saw the jersey number.

I think I had a seizure, my brain couldn't process what was going on...corner...BLITZ...SAAAAAAAAAAACK?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

How could you? :(

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Did you see Pron's? :laffo:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Any relation to Rumchata?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

ice cold horchata posted:

Fine, next week I will find a god damned restaurant downtown with horchata.

Do like all mexican restaurants carry this? I've never heard of it either...I have heard of Rumchata though :shobon:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chichevache posted:

All Mexican restaurants do horchata the same way all American restaurants do lemonade.

Yellow and pink?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Forever_Peace posted:

guys pls

I don't know who the gently caress any of you are now.

Just go change your name and everything will fall into place much more clearly :troll:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

lmao

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

All 17 fans in attendance were mildly amused

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/781168600233017344

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Febreeze posted:

look at him trying to squeeze the air outta that ball

That's actually his dong. T*m Br*dy is so football he doesn't have foreskin, he has pigskin :smug:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

kiimo posted:

I also named my penis The Deflator what a coincidence.

Sorry for your needle dick

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Matt Ryan's current stat line is loving nuts.

119 passer rating on the season.

We are flying too close to the sun, Chili.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Which of you two was all upset that someone called Matt Ryan good in the QB thread?

Not I...but now I need to go find it lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Your upcoming schedule is... unfriendly.

NFC Player of the Month don't currrr :colbert:

(Don't) Wake me up when September ends :(

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

the bears being that low is hilarious

Browns at .4% not even 1/4 through the season :stare:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Athanatos posted:

Matt Ryan is good in the same way plain white bread is good.

Yes, congrats on coming up with that joke from 2012 all on your own

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I just realized that this is the week TNF isn't on CBS or Twitter Thanks a loving Lot NFL

Damnit, I was under the assumption TNF would be streaming on twitter all year. I shoulda known it was too good to be true.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kalli posted:

Players of the Month for September:

NFC:
O: Matt Ryan - 7 TD's to 1 int, 71% completion percentage while torching the Saints and Raiders secondaries *cough*

D: Deion Jones - LB for the Falcons

Don't take this from us! It's all about to come crashing down!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kalli posted:

Seems kind of obvious that cable is hemorrhaging subscribers and once you decide to cut cable, there's just a natural number of people who never bother to put up an antenna and then just wander away or are happy with reddit streams.

Not sure if they're counted in viewership or even what they cost, but the cheapest online options are ESPN at $20 a month on Sling or NFLN + ESPN for like $30 on Playstation Vue, so if you're cutting cable and just want football, those aren't great prices either.

This is exactly me. We got sick of the crazy expensive cable bills, so we cut TV out entirely and stream everything. Usually reddit streams are more than adequate, and the twitter streams have been great as well. I'm going to get an HD antenna and firestick and call it a day. It's just not worth the monthly fees.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

It was me.

Also, his stat line against the Raiders, Buccs and Saints is about to count for gently caress-all.

You can nearly say the same thing about the Carolina defensive stats though. Broncos, 49ers and Vikings aren't exactly lighting the world ablaze offensively.

Not that I'm not nervous/curious to see the offense take on an actual NFL defense...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Matt Ryan makes super lovely throws, although he seemed like an unstoppable monster against the Saints. I guess his ability varies like most people. He had a super good night on Monday.

Against the Buccs, passes were behind receivers constantly, and he didn't see wide-open guys. He was clearly the reason we lost that game.

My sarcasm detector moved a bit...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

I'm not trying to be sarcastic.

The guy has hit or miss performances, and he was real real bad against the Buccs. He had SO MANY loving throws end up behind guys.

He missed some, but he is not the reason they lost. Giving up 31 at home to the Buccs, with all the boneheaded penalties is the reason they lost.

You are right though, he threw behind his wr's a few times.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

No excuse not to hang at least 30 points on the loving Buccs. Our defense was shaky, sure, but the Buccs defense is hot garbage. Matt Ryan played a defense that was tailored to exploit his weaknesses. His former head coach and offensive coordinator on the other side of the field.

Edit:

They basically stayed in Tampa 2 all day, taking away his already pretty lovely deep-game. He was off-timing or inaccurate on the crossing routes and we ended up only scoring 24.

I hear you, they left plays out for sure. I dunno man. I dunno if it was game 1 weirdness or what, but I'm way more worried about the defense than I am the offense. Cam is going to have a career day at the rate we are going.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers are probably going to overcompensate their lack of KB targets last week and just feed the Falcons best player.

Good thing for you he has hands of freaking stone.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

adaz posted:

One of them is coached by a real football coach as opposed to whatever it is we call Mularkey.

You call him Malarky

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Oh man, that super sucks for him but allow me to take a moment to say gently caress Navarro Bowman!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Weatherspoon blew out his achilles yesterday too.

I love the guy and all, but he should probably just hang them up. Too many injuries, he isn't who he once was, he spends more time under the knife than he does on the field.

Go into the white light, Sean...it's ok. And not the one above the surgery table...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

He was looking good though, and it makes me sad that he was twice injured out for the year in garbage time.

He made some plays, but in coverage he was a liability. My only concern from his injury is the depth at LB if Jones and Campbell can't go. Jones sounds like he is ok, thankfully, and Campbell was practicing last week in a limited fashion. Don't get me wrong, I love Spoon and he brought an energy and swagger on the defense that was needed, but man he just cannot stay healthy.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

So Tevin Coleman has sickle cell anemia apparently and yet Dan Quinn expects him to play this week in Denver. That doesn't seem like something that is a good idea or even possible, right? Didn't Ryan Clark have his spleen removed because he played in Denver? I admittedly know very little about sickle cell but it doesn't seem like something you could take something for in regards to managing it and the altitude?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Quinn would be a huge idiot to let Coleman play considering there's precedence with Clark

On top of that, apparently Tevin has never been to Denver so he has no idea how his body will react. :ohdear:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

:eng101: that was Dan Campbell

Yeah. Dan Quinn looks like he used to be about 400 bills and uses large wind breakers to conceal the large amounts of loose skin.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Johnny is the better Cage, imho

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

swickles posted:

Couple things, first he doesn't have sickle cell anemia, he has the sickle cell trait. If you remember high school biology, you inherit half your genes from mom and the other from dad. Inheriting two genes that are recessive, confers sickle cell anemia. Only inheriting one gene for it gives you the sickle cell trait.

So what is the difference? People with sickle cell trait can and often do live perfectly normal lives. In fact, having the traits tends to confer some resistance to malaria, so if you live on a country where its endemic, then its actually an advantage. However, in a small percent of people with sickle cell trait, they will react very poorly to high altitude. Ryan Clark was in that small percentage and lost his spleen and gall bladder due to them becoming infarcted (blood flow was blocked) and dying. It is unknown how Tevin Coleman will react, but simply going by the statistics, there is a 99% chance he will be perfectly fine.

That's basically it, but if you want to know a little more about why this happens I will continue. If you don't then skip this. Sickle cell anemia is a disease where the hemoglobin (the thing that transports oxygen) is slightly defective. This causes the blood cells to become misshaped (they actually form crescents, or sickles hence the name). The problem is that they then clump together and essentially form tiny clots all of the body. If they get large and/or numerous enough, they can block bloodflow to a whole organ (the spleen almost always gets hit first). In the sickle cell trait, only half (and often way less because of the bodies other mechanisms for dealing with this sort of thing) of the cells have this problematic hemoglobin. One thing you have to know about hemoglobin, is that its shape is dependent on how much oxygen its carrying. As the oxygen leaves, it becomes mishaped. Not a problem for most people, but in the sickle trait along with hypoxia that little problem tends to ramp up and you go from being a sickle trait person, to having identical blood as a full sickle cell anemia person.

Yer the best Swickles! I was secretly hoping you would reply to that post...good stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Can someone explain to me how the Rams are 3-1

You see when time runs out, the Rams have had more points than their opponents three times and less points thank their opponent one time.

:science:

• Locked thread