Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

ManDingo posted:

Take that stupids.

Actually, this is confusing intelligence for wisdom.
:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Wow. I needed that ego boost. Thanks thread.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Thug in, thug out.

I get what that's saying, you take on the values of those around you, so even if you still look pure, you'll be corrupted by corrupt company. It's a bad example though, because doves are lovely retarded birds and crows are cool and smart, being corvids. They're not the smartest or coolest corvids, but that rat with wings is in good company.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Ha! German proverb. Just saw that. It's the schwartzes! There goes the neighborhood!

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Once you love a black bird you can never go back (word). :birddrugs:

That poor dove's cloaca is never gonna be the same again.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Bold Robot posted:

My friend's ex:

Instructions unclear. I may have just strangled a Romulan woman to death.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Uh, this is what you talk about with people sometimes yeah. Especially if you've known them for a while and are in the mood for it or have just met them and you are both drunk/high and probably want to gently caress one another but not like, a bunch.

E: you will occasionally find a rando stranger down for this poo poo too, but, get this, you must explore with small talk to discover them!

EE: pretend I photoshopped all of this over weed leaves and aliens

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Dec 4, 2016

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Brains over bronze makes sense in an ancient/classical warfare context at least.

E: Making Ed's meat

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

Why would you need a fake camel toe? Wtf

Male cosplaying a female fanwank character and you're going for that authentic look?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I'm not going to own a gun because I have a mood disorder. I think that's for the best. I'm p ok with that being enforceable by law, rather than choice, as well.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

scrubs season six posted:

If you want to take the 50/50 shot that you'll use it to kill yourself in order to avoid the 1/1,000,000 shot that you'll use it to defend a home invasion that should be your choice as a stupid American.

Nah, topping yourself off is a personal choice. Having sad/brokebrains and capping a dozen people on the way out when your access to such an effective method of violence could have withheld from you instead is bad. Not foolproof, you can always go illegal, but maybe if Walmart and Bass Pro couldn't legally sell longarms and pistols to paranoid schizophrenics and bipolar assholes, that'd be slightly better.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Languages traditionally change much more rapidly in urban areas versus rural ones. For example, Colonial American backwoods dudes spoke English much closer to the Shakespearean accent than Londoners during the same time period. A lot of the rhymes in Shakespeare's stuff don't work any longer in the stuffy "traditional" accent his works are performed in because the British accent has drifted so much over time. There's a few troupes dedicated to trying to reconstruct the proper accent for performances, so that's cool.

The same goes for slang and neologisms, etc. In areas of dense population, those can develop, take hold, spread and then fall out of favor rapidly. By the time a slang term is old news in the city, it might just be starting to creep in on the periphery of the rural lexicon.

With giant internet communities being connected and able to instantly message and respond to individuals, there's essentially very high density pockets where language is being pressure-cooked before being flung out into the general population.

Soon we will all speak like moon people and movies from the 1980s will be nearly culturally and linguistically unintelligible to kids born in the 2080s.

Or something

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I know myself, biblically.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

thathonkey posted:

ive carefully reviewed your entry and im sorry to report that not even the beginnings of a smile or even smirk formed at my lips as i read it over and over again, scanning carefully trying to find the funny part(s)

also it's not complicated it is a side story that takes place between episodes 3 and 4. since it technically is not part of that main plot thread (about the skywalkers) and not given an episode number it is not a prequel or sequel to either trilogy

star wars is fuckin nothing to joke about pallo :smuggo:

There's a simple word for that, gaiden. Like Ninja Gaiden. Stupid foreign languages.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Link?????!?!?!? People hafta know about this!

E: I actually just want to laugh at some dumb bullshit.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Aww, it's money-stealing cult recruitment, not regular crazy. :(

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

i base my sense of self on a bunch of 3000 year old pedo greeks who wore bathrobes everywhere

You can rest assured those fuckin philosophers would be tweeting their political hot takes and instagraming photos of them next to their hollow-eyed child lovers non-stop if they had the chance.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

yea, he got pushed around by thomas edison and instead of standing up for himself he came up with a bunch of quotes about how dumb everyone else is

Tesla wins tho, because he has a dedicated cult of fans who fawn over him and Edison is remembered for light bulbs and murdering an elephant just to be a douche.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

yeah he sure did win by becoming a respected corpse instead of a living rich man

Every artist becomes worth more upon their death. C'est la vie.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

like you wouldn't murder an elephant if you could

Not just to specifically be a jerk to another human being, no. For fun? Anything is possible.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

"Those civilians stuck in Syria waiting to get hit by a stray bomb or gunned down by soldiers would be happy if only they realized that it's not the situation that hurts them but, like, the negative way they think about their situation"

It's true if you think about it.

They could just learn to love the screams and the smell of petrol, tires and corpse mingling in a blaze, as if it were an offering of incense and blood to a god who actually listened to prayers. There's a sublime beauty in the arcs that shards of skull trace as a bullet passes through as if an eleven year-old boy's head was not there. The spiraling bullet itself is an unthinking artist, painting a masterpiece in the priceless medium of lifeblood.

One might embrace the wondrous complexity of the universe that put them in this situation, where they can witness firsthand the technological marvels of man's ingenuity and meditate on the absurd humor in the fact the millennia of wisdom
, sweat, and blood was wasted on designing a slightly better stick, so one man might kill another who has not even done him harm. As hot brass casings rain on the cooling corpses of their families, the refugees would be able to laugh heartily at the joke.

Discovering the truth that the universe is inherently meaningless and that there is no life after death would free the refugees from their fears concerning the hereafter, allowing them to truly live in this moment. They will know that when the end comes and the pain fades, all struggles and hardships will be forgotten in the eternal, silent embrace of the annihilation of the self.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Pay is the shortest and simplest. I don't even... what the gently caress is even the point of that?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Hardawn posted:

y'all are the 3% that didn't fail, congrats. I had a "relapse" maybe and could only write pussy for about 700 words tryung to think of one so just keep gloating about it

Pussy meets the criteria tho

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Mnemosyne posted:

Maybe it's a Katherine.jpg situation. Maybe she's a lot less attractive when you can see the bottom half of her face.

What is this? Google isn't really helping that much.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

But if you're unique or have qualities I haven't observed in a woman before, you literally aren't like other girls. The statement is fine, you weirdos.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Carrion Luggage posted:

You sure are neat can I put my penis inside of you now? :a2m:

Isn't that the core concept of dating?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Sure, but I don't think that statement is anything to get excited over.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

It was also the "loco weed" that made Mexicans hulk out and lust after our white women. Mormon missionaries brought the spliff back to Utah with them from mission trips to Mexico, which sparked off a whole moral panic on its own, complete with campaigns to ban the vile substance. So it was the blacks and the browns.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Sorry your parents didn't choose the moral option of aborting for medical reasons, kid. Enjoy your tortured existence.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Dreddout posted:

What about the 6 remaining pipe enthusiasts?

They're pretty chill.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Whatev posted:

Before and after photos lol

That's what I saw. No way to live man. Give me back the Cheez-Wiz and Mountain Dew.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

i can still taste him posted:

Pics like that are typically followed by 9/11 truther posts or something about chemtrails.

Chemtrails are real, man. You know those thin cloud lines behind jet planes? Condensed water. Yeah, I know. Last time I checked, water was chemical as gently caress. Mindfreak!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

God,
2016 grim dawn summoner bleed build devotions
Thanks in advance,
Yours in Christ

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

God, you trippin', or you testin my faith. How the gently caress am i supposed to use Shield Wall from Targo the Builder with anything from Kraken, the constellation dedicated solely to two-handed weapons? Falcon and Huntress are solid as gently caress tho.The rest seems pretty scattershot. I give you a C-. Maybe you should let Jesus do the next one, he's a little younger and up with the kids these days.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

SciFiDownBeat posted:

This but for grimcalc.com

Like what the hell am I looking at here

A really lovely devotion build.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Man, I wish that was real. Facebook quality would rocket right up. Hell, a one-time $10 register fee is apparently too onerous for most.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Is Hugh Macleod a noted imbecile, or is that just a bad quote?

E:

He runs something called Gaping Void and here's his bio:

hugh-outside-bw2
Hugh MacLeod
Co-Founder and Artistic Director

Hugh MacLeod has been drawing about life and business for over twenty years. At the heart of Hugh’s work is one core belief: art has the power to transform business. Art expresses ideas, vision, beliefs, culture and purpose faster, better and more deeply than any other method of business communication.
Founded in 2008 with business partner Jason Korman, Gapingvoid Ltd. has created custom art work for some of the largest, companies in the world, including Intel, HP, Microsoft, Roche, Zappos, VMWare and VW- and is hung in over 5,000 companies around the world. A special collection of MacLeod’s art, arranged around themes of entrepreneurship, appeared during Art Basel 2013 here in Miami. Gapingvoid takes a unique approach to business communications. Including events, permanent corporate art installations, and outcome focused custom art implementation to help with behavior change in large organizations.
Art, particularly cartoons, are perfect for conveying the root of an idea in a way that starts dialogue between the right people. MacLeod harnesses this power of art in a way that helps businesses confront tough problems, parses complex human relationships and engages employees to collaborate on solutions together. Mission, purpose and meaning are the cornerstones of the message behind his art.
MacLeod is a highly-regarded author, writing on the themes of innovation, creativity and motivation. His book “Ignore Everybody” began life on his popular marketing blog, gapingvoid.com, as an e-book. It was downloaded over 5 million times since being posted and enjoyed by readers all over the world. Re-imagined in print form, the book “Ignore Everybody” made the Wall Street Journal’s best sellers list. His follow-up book, “Evil Plans: Having Fun on the Road to World Domination” was equally well-received and hailed by Seth Godin as a must-read.

So, noted imbecile

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 10, 2017

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

Shared by an extremely jaded lady upset she isn't with someone

Seems kinda wordy and preachy for a quiet meek bitch, imo

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Paying a few hobos $50 bucks each to dig a trench, then shooting them once they finish, getting your money back and burying the bodies is technical compliance, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

klapman posted:

No, it stands for First Encounter Assault Recon.

I've always loved that acronym because it's such bullshit nonsense. Those are three completely separate roles that would need three different teams with exclusive skill sets and equipment load outs , not some generic mooks in body armor shooting at ghosts or aliens or whatever.

• Locked thread