Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Okay, will someone explain Benghazi to me please? It's incredibly hard to search for on google because all the bullshit surrounding it these days. People make it sound like someone called up Hillary and said "The embassy is under attack! We can easily stop it, if only you'll give the word!" and then she was like "Eh, gently caress it idc". I'm guessing it was an issue with security where it's a "well, maybe we could have done something different" hindsight deal. Literally all the idiots at work share the "Hillary is a straight up killer!" type poo poo, and even though I try to keep my mouth shut about politics I"m sure someone will find out I'm not republican and I'll need to defend myself. I'm honestly not a Hillary fan, but I honestly think she's much better than Trump going on past experiences. I mean, why should I trust the people who just 1 year ago were so certain Obama was going to declare martial law to stay in power?

we misread the security situation (hindsight is 20/20 obviously) and as a result our embassy got attacked and the people there were killed

Clinton took responsibility bc as SecState she's ultimately responsible for embassy stuff but people have taken that and blown it up into 'HRC did that on purpose!!!'

at most you could say we should have known because other countries were pulling their embassy staff but then again if the US embassy in Benghazi is at all similar to other US embassies I've seen they already had way tighter security than the other embassies anyway so it's understandable to think we had some more wiggle room. for example in Bulgaria the USA has cordoned off an entire city block and lets no one onto the surrounding roadblocked streets if they have no business there, as opposed to the other countries which just have a building like you'd expect.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the law student abides

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

also wasn't all this poo poo supposed to happen when Obama got elected?

yeah and in reality more guns were sold to private citizens under the obama administration than any other president we've ever had

people are just loving stupid

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
that's p metal right there

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

i would like to buy this woman a drink just to thank her for the gif

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dreddout posted:

Which one?

the one taking the gif

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the issue isn't really that there aren't jobs that pay well out there, obv there are

the issue is that you're always going to need cooks and janitors and whatever the hell else so why not structure society such that those jobs aren't a living hell?

ideally society is one in which you'd feel okay about being placed into any position on the pyramid; obviously the top is more desirable but you'd still be able to do fine on the bottom.

e: also it's not true that there is a well paying job for every single person out there who wants one :shrug: For every decent real sales job that still exists there's like 40-50 scam MLM jobs and it's a job in of itself to land decent work (god help you if you have no connections to lean on).

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 1, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

that's all fine but i'm just saying i want to buy a shirt made by people who get paid a decent wage because then it won't fall apart in 3 months u kno

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
eh prolly would

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac posted:

"Let me read your shirt. Wait, hold on I wasn't done. No... Wait I don't read quick- come back, I want to know if you are a beautiful woman!"

*is just staring at boobs*

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

goddamn saudis

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

uhhhh VOTER FRAUD MUCH?!?!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lol loving owned

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if you get a DUI you're a goddamn moron idiot who deserves almost all the bad things that happen as a result

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bonzo posted:

I was at a tech industry meeting and making casual conversation with some woman in her late 20's (I'm guessing). She told me about how she was trying to be a better "Geek" by watching all the Stargate series.

When did being a geek have required watching? It's like the people who watch 500 episodes of Classic Dr. Who so they think they can fit in.

I think it is like geeks are super obsessive about X, such as Dr. Who or some other pop culture thing (doesn't have to be pop culture necessarily) whereas nerds are the programmer scientist dorks you know?

quote:

Software engineer Burr Settles from Pittsburgh studied the language used in 2.6 million tweets, and also sampled tweets that appeared when he searched for the terms 'geek' and 'nerd'.

By comparing tweets in each query, Settles devised a mathematical equation that established the probability of a particular word appearing in a geeky tweet, or a nerdy one.

Obv there is overlap of course.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
mares of mayhem

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
that person is on a lot of drugs and they're gonna regret that poo poo when they come down regardless of how much they pretend otherwise

and if she doesn't regret it then she surely will after a few years of nerve pain lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
imo you should only get chaste chivalry points if you actively having to turn fair maidens down

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lasher posted:

I heard women only have so many orgasms in them so they shouldn't waste them on dildos. confirm/deny?

more basic science on this matter needs to be done

please report to the science chamber ladies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
chemicals are good and cool actually

• Locked thread