Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oh good, I've been saving this share from a wine-loving auntie.

While I do sympathize with the love of gold stars, this is just so shabbily done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Good afternoon, Facebook thread.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

china bot posted:

somehow misread this as "a house is not anime without books or cats"

I'm sorry, but it appears you have anime on the brain. There is no cure.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hmm. Mathew hit Haiti and killed 1000 people on 10-4. I wonder what the secret message was there?

"Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him."--Matthew 10:4 :shrug:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Come on guys, racism is played out. Let's confront the real menace: the rise of the machines.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Awww.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

FedEx Mercury posted:

I'm just lmaoing at the idea of meeting my baby nephews and cordially shaking hands and asking for consent to hug.

Nah, it doesn't need to be awkward. You can still say "how about a hug" or mom can say "go give your uncle FedEx a hug" but if the kid is visibly reluctant or says "no, I don't wanna" everybody just keeps smiling and moves on to the next thing instead of trying to cajole him into it. Sometimes that's going to mean nice Auntie Mabel gets her feelings hurt.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

reallivedinosaur posted:

this thread is an abortion hahaha

mlyp

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dreddout posted:

drat, this thread has become Facebook.

I'm so happy!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

So happy you bought your old name back?

Yeah. I just wasn't able to be Rockin' enough to live up to the other one.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Silence is consent.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

pinkacidbootson posted:

A mother of two young children.

This squad contains 8 of 12 signs. 2/3 of humanity. That isn't a squad, it's a majority.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Snatch Duster posted:

I mean sales, not retail. Retail is lowest of the low role that can be called sales. loving lol that you think retail sales is remotely in the same ballpark as enterprise SaaS sales, stocks, real-estate, credit repair, etc.

I'm talking about sales jobs that you can make real money at, where $15 per hour is crap and if you live off it, you feel ashamed.

Full Commission is also the only way to make great money. Its soulcrushing because many companies that have 100% commission are selling a poo poo product, which drains your loving soul to sell. If you work for a company that has a good product, that people should buy, and its 100% commission loving goddamn its loving amazing.

Everyone has anxiety disorders now. Can't work sales with social anxiety.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I feel like Facebook is judging me with this suggested post.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Protective shield for if someone tries to grab you by the pussy.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Glazier posted:

I'm a gay black man, in the south, in Trump's America; my everyday life has a 50/50 chance of ending so I'll keep the gun.

Does the gun help? Wasn't there a guy a few months ago who told a cop at a traffic stop that he had a licensed gun in the car. Then the cop shot him.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RobattoJesus posted:

Your wrong

-headed attitude to grammar is disappointing.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Look at this guy hogging all the enlightenment for himself. SMH

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

You're it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ChesterJT posted:

I'm just trying to figure out how that goofy idiot snagged that hottie.

Religion? I bet it was religion.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

"You're not like the other girls" is something my female friends in STEM fields got told a lot by their awkward coworkers/classmates who were trying to ask them out, so i can kinda see where the stigma would come from.

Yeah, it's basically got a "You're one of the good ones" hidden in plain sight there. Most women are vapid cunts, but not you, you're not like other girls.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Gaunab posted:

then why do the pisces ones always suck?

What do you expect from fish?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Jerry Cotton posted:

Maturity... maturity is making passive-aggressive image macros.

Canada is mature as gently caress then.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

oh dope posted:

totally gonna spend millions of dollars to put a lovely bottle of booze on a lovely barren island

It isn't like the Canadian or Danish navies have anything better to do with their time.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Candlelight Virgil posted:

IT'S FAKE NEWS DUDE

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

subhuman filth posted:

Lol the Aztecs never invented the wheel

They had toys with wheels.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

subhuman filth posted:

Making something circular and realizing that you can use cylinders to manipulate drag are two different concepts

They did realize that though. They made wheeled pull toys.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Snatch Duster posted:

is it ok to post facebook.wav?

https://soundcloud.com/vagidictoris/all-star-by-smash-mouth-but-all-notes-are-in-c

all star smash mouth but all notes are in C

That is really tense for some reason. Relentless.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

shiftless posted:

He's a fowl mouthed duck and the duck puppet cost $2 Million. How? I don't know.

Practical effects.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

thathonkey posted:

no. first i heard of it this teacher ran in and was like "someone flew a plane into the pentagon!" during my first period math class then we turned on tvs that are standard in pretty much every classroom and watched the news. it was kind of a big deal.

hope this helps !!!

Woah, your school had TVs in every room? Look at Richie Rich here, going to some fancy rich kid school.

The TVs in my school looked like this, and there were like 5 for the whole school. Teachers had to book 'em. Even if we had the TV that day it wouldn't have mattered what was on the news, because we didn't have cable hook ups in the class rooms, and the cart TV had no antenna. All you could watch was pre-recorded videos.

Okay, I graduated in 1990 so maybe they had more by 2001. gently caress I'm old.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

They used to wheel those things in and show all these crappy Disney movies like benji that gave me migraines. Like god drat just let me read a drat book, how much educational value does watching benji for the 15th time have anyways? :shrug:

Once got Harry and the Hendersons. In french class. Come on, at least get a french movie or a movie with french subtitles or something. Make an effort.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pvt.Scott posted:

Yeah. This I agree with. Dudes were on loving point with their targets.

Too bad about America losing it's loving mind though. The terrorists won. :911:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

kazr posted:

Just lol if you aren't ethically sourcing your herbs and spices from their country of origin, flying there and sampling each harvest yourself before packaging buying fuckin scrub poo poo 2am chili spice buying bitcb

LOL if you don't have Enrique do that for you.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Junk posted:

I don't think any of this is true.

It is, the roll moves more smoothly when it hangs from behind. I like the huge MEGA rolls (because I'm super lazy and want to change the roll a little as possible) but when you put a new MEGA roll in the holder it's in there pretty snug. If I hang it over, the first few times I use it the resistance to turning the roll means it tears too easily and I only get one square at a time. If I hang it under it dispenses normally despite the resistance.

I used to be an over hanger, but mega rolls converted me to an under hanger.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Runaktla posted:

He could be friend zoned against his will, as many poor saps are.

Or he could be completely satisfied cause he's getting better tail from elsewhere, or is banging her friends, or he just doesn't wanna put up with her poo poo in a bf/gf kind of way.

The "is pretty = must want to gently caress it" is true for most goons/internet people but some people manage fine not needing to screw every pretty girl they meet, cause they aren't starving for it. Some don't understand that concept cause they are always starving for it.

No, this argument has been settled for decades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8kpYm-6nuE

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

My god. Red is my very own facebook aunt, green is my mom. They are in-laws, not sisters, and mom is 16 years older than my aunt.

Okay, mom may be a little confused, I don't think we still routinely vaccinate against Polio. :3: But that article.

http://www.march-against-monsanto.com/some-facts-about-polio-that-the-cdc-wishes-you-didnt-know/

It starts with the usual anti-vax "contagious diseases were going away anyway" argument, but then things get weird. Polio isn't contagious at all! All those crippled kids were crippled by pesticides or the vaccine itself. Proof? Most outbreaks make people sick in the winter, but polio made people sick in the summer. Summer is when the pesticides are sprayed!!! Wake up sheeple! Oh, and 100% of doctors were knowingly in on the conspiracy, because if they told anyone the truth they'd lose their medical license.

My aunt has been a far-right young earth creationist anti-vaxxer with weird extreme views on food for a long time now, but I'm honestly surprised she'd share an article this batshit insane. :(

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mammal Sauce posted:

Holy poo poo....lol.

Oh, looks like we do. My mom and other olds I know have a very obvious scar from the vaccine, and young people don't have that scar so I just assumed. :downs:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dreddout posted:

Everyone knows weed doesn't cure autism :rolleyes:

You're gonna need that kid sippin' lean to fix him

My nigga have you tried lsd?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

just LOL if Enrique doesn't commit ritual suicide after preparing your supper each night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Colonel Cancer posted:

Don't imagine he's very good at it if he does it every night.

You have to get a new Enrique each day. They are fungible.

• Locked thread