Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Force awakens was a solidly mediocre movie that is not worth a plinkett review

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Libelous Slander posted:

I heard on their livestream that Jessi will be back on screen in their next video

whoa :eyepop:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I liked the first Metal Gear game. I consider it one of the all time greats

I loved that sniper chick fight, my young nerd heart found it very moving. Other than the first one I also played Metal Gear Revengeance which owned for entirely different reasons and I hope we get a sequel

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

get that OUT of my face posted:

tezzor is one of the worst posters on SA, but he's doing the lord's work by constantly telling them that the prequels are awful and getting banned for it

for a forum that leans so heavily on "death of the author" and interpreting things wildly, there sure is a lot of groupthink in cined

That's why cined has become one of the worst subforums on SA. It used to be just people talkin about movies but now it's full of people sucking eachothers dicks and jerking eachother off while they scream death of the author and claim that transformers movies and star wars prequels were some of the best movies ever made. Like, not ironically

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i wonder how many of those cd posters were actually old enough to remember the movies and how normal people reacted to them at the time.

referring to the phantom menace -- i was a teenager so i remember well enough that most people liked the special effects because all that cgi was still novel at the time, and people might have thought that it was good because it was star wars, but other than that no one thought it was a particularly good movie overall. i recall the general sentiment at the time among fans was that it was easily the worst star wars movie ever made and your average non star wars fan might have thought it was "not that bad" at best and "stupid" at worst. keep in mind that back then that a significant number of young people had never seen star wars. along with star trek, it was perceived as dumb poo poo for nerds by a lot of people. if you advertised yourself as a star wars fan in school, you probably got made fun of for it. star wars was nowhere near as ubiquitous as it is today, despite all the books and video games and poo poo you still had then.

the other two movies basically went under my radar because i was in college by then and i had other priorities. the main thing i remember is people thought revenge of the sith was better than the previous two. i do specifically remember the initial reaction on these forums being generally if not overwhelmingly positive, which in retrospect goes to show you how bad everyone thought the first two were by then.

The general concencus with everyone I knew, of which none were star wars fans, was that the prequels were really really bad movies. Unfunny, badly acted, badly paced, badly plotted boring and embarrassing at points

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

a bone to pick posted:

I think its important that he nipped the prequels nostalgia in the bud right now before the internet lets it fester. One of my friends thinks the prequels are better than the classic trilogy and it makes me sick.

Your friend might have brain troubles

Like, i am not a star wars fan, never in my life have I owned a star wars toy or whatever, and i didnt feel betrayed by the prequels or even had any hype for them (watched them on dvd never in the cinema) so i feel i can objectively let the whole world know that the prequels were

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1dnqKGuezo

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Starship troopers loving owns

Why can't they give us big sci-fi war movies. Even in the terminator sequels they never gave us a full on future war

WHAT GIVES

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Not much better

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Well americans, is it american

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Hm, this was posted in the wrong thread, still though, I need americans judgement on this pizza

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
All webcomic "artists" are deeply mentally ill

I mean, they are webcomic artists

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

jBrereton posted:

Does Edge of Tomorrow/Pacific Rim not count?

Pacific Rim was more of a monster movie cartoon come to life

Edge of Tomorrow was definitely sort of a war movie, though the "war" parts were few and it was mostly just groundhog day with Tom cruise running around trying to solve stuff.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the guy who plays kylo ren can actually act also, which is an advantage when you're an actor in a movie

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Rey being good at everything right off the bat will be cool and good if she turns out to be the villain and what we're actually getting in these movies are two simultaneous villain and hero journeys with Rey becoming a bad guy and Finn becoming a hero (he was defeated just like Luke, now he gotta step up)

Alternatively Kylo Ren has a change of heart and becomes the good guy and and

sigh i just want the movies to surprise me a bit, the first one was so generic and predictable

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

ThePeavstenator posted:

That sounds horrible to listen to. It was kind of lame for them to trash free form jazz in the review which actually has a lot of complex theory going on in it. Jazz in general is pretty cool from a technical perspective but I'm not too into it.

If they want to be elitist assholes then the first thing you take down is smooth jazz.

Jazz sucks

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Kylo will definitely become a good guy despite murdering dozens of innocent people in the first movie and being part of the team that blew up 3 planets. He'll smile and give us a thumbs up and then he'll be a good guy for sure, lets forget about the genocides

Rey will turn into a bad guy despite showing no darkness in her personality at all and generally being an upstanding super good guy throughout the first movie, constantly trying to save people to the best of her abilities. She'll suddenly dress in dark and frown a bit and then start genociding people for reasons

Sorry but the first movie didn't set any of this up so if their plan is for a role reversal they did gone done a bad job of it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Force cumming

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Im fine with her being a natural
Shes goku, basically

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Nothing is mary sue, everything is mary sue

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It is satire, it is also played straight for most of the movie. Like that awesome bug-siege of that fortress

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Rei wasnt really the big issue with the movie

the fact that the entire movie was just rehashing poo poo from the old ones was the biggest issue

"we're finally making a new star wars movie! It's EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE OLD ONES"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
different but good would be good

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
a wise decision

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
kylo ren can't become a hero. He's already done too much bad guy stuff. At best he can become the Vegeta of the franchise

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Batman would definitely do steroids. I want a scene of him injecting testosterone into his butt and then hitting the gym right before he goes out on the streets to roid range on some guy and beat him to a pulp

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The force is whatever it needs to be

Literal wizard magic

Mindcontrol? Sure. Telekinesis? Sure. Electricity bolts shooting from your hands? Sure why the hell not

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Vader getting redeemed is so retarded

This is the motherfucker responsible for the death star blowing up planets and then he kills one bad guy and suddenly his force ghost or whatever is ok chilling with the heroes

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Paladinus posted:

Do you understand what the word redemption means?

Yes? What are you trying to say buddy

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

jBrereton posted:

Vader isn't responsible for the death star blowing up planets smdh

He just stands holding Leia back while Tarkin kills everyone on Alderaan.

yeah and the nazis in the concentration camps weren't responsible for all the jews dying, they were just guarding the gas chamber doors after all

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
vader (anakin) literally went and slaughtered a group of children just because he could

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If Himmler would have shot Hitler in the brain he woulda got a thumbs up and then he would have been hanged

No force ghost party for himmler

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:agreed:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I didn't watch any of the spidermans with the guy with the dumb hair, looks like i dodged a bullet

I agree the civil war spiderman was good though. Had a good vibe

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I watch all the marvel movies at home on the TV so I think some of the magic is lost from it because I think these movies are designed to be seen in the cinema with your friends

I gotta say Age of Ultron was not very good at all. Neither was Captain America: civil war... There just wasnt anything to them. I can't even remember how the final fight between Captain USA and Tony Ironman went

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

a bone to pick posted:

No actually, it seems like majority of people who watch these movies, whether they are a fan of the comics or not, really enjoy them. It only seems that really anal, un-humorous people dislike them, hth.

Same could be said about the most successful movie franchise of all time; Transformers. Truly some amazingly great movies there

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 12, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
He is a kind, gentle man

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'd watch it all

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

powerful sex moves posted:

Since I'm a lady is it okay if I still talk about Jay and how I want to marry him? Note that I've never talked about his cum.

Also:
I'm assuming most people have annotations off, but on that last HitB it said in the beginning something like "we're hacks! We forgot to account for theaters' take of the box office."

Marry him? What are you some sort of human being

I want to guzzle his cock in my throat like a pelican swallowing a catfish

I want him to dive into me, his tiny loins hitting my softest, wettest places so hard i get bruises while i suckle on his crooked hosed up teeth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What's he tryna pull off with that hair of his

• Locked thread