Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

JB50 posted:

Ya its on Thingsthatdidnthappen.com

In the fantasy section.

So it did happen? I'm so confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

gently caress anyone who doesn't want to see Donnie Yen as a blind jedi.

gently caress anyone who doesn't want to see Donnie Yen in literally anything.

This is the first I've been excited for.

Same, same, same.

Rouge one gonna own.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Mike reflexively saying "Rich no" when Jay mentioned gunning down kids was the highlight of this re:View for me.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

MrSlam posted:

We haven't even gotten to the Nemoidians

Forget it Jake, its Nemoidiantown

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Drunk Jack best Jack.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Stranger Things is great unless you're a human being killjoy with a stick up his rear end dying to be counterculture.

Enjoy your stupid black scarf and overpriced coffee, you didn't-actually-read-Ulysses-rear end bitch nerd.

:perfect:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I'm really hoping Arrival is as good as the trailers made it look.

The director dude did Sicario so I have good confidence it will be great.

No one will go see it tho because it is a serious, somber sci fi without Matthew McConnaughey.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Nathan Explosion - Mike
Skwizgaar Skwigelf - Jay
Pickles - Rich
Toki Wartooth - Jack
William Murderface - Josh

Checks out

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I went back and forth but decided on Pickles because he is the bedrock of the group and they mix Murderface's bass out of everything, much like we wish would happen to Josh.

A good case either way though.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

JB50 posted:

Toki is from wisconsin too so...

That's Pickles! Toki is from Norway.

I miss that show :(

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Zootopia and Moana had the distinction this year of being the first non-pixar non-cars kids movies that didn't make me want to kill myself from annoyance.

Secret life of pets loving sucked though and I hated it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Delthalaz posted:

what about Hail, Caesar!

gently caress movies! (About movies)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

If he can stay awake long enough, he always looks like he's one beer away form passing out.

He's high as balls :pcgaming:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Mordja posted:

I hope RLM covers another Netflix series because I want to hear them tear apart The OA, that lovely loving piece of poo poo.

gently caress that stupid show and everyone associated with it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The finale involves a bunch of idiots who think they are angels performing an interpretive dance during a school shooting. Which confuses the shooter long enough for a cafeteria worker to tackle him

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Zzulu posted:

this sounds amazing tbh

It actually would be if you hadn't watched several hours of something that seemed like it was building to something completely different.

I kept watching for the abductor-doctor dude, he was well acted and an actual interesting character unlike everyone else.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah I agree with them more often than not (probably due to similar age and background) but it's interesting when they have a different view on stuff because it is usually a relatively well constructed argument.

I liked R1 more than them but not enough to argue their views that hard because really who gives a poo poo what I think.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

In any of these reviews the clips of the fanboys getting into theatres/having lightsaber fights/trailer reaction vids are the most cringeworthy things I have ever seen.

I mean I'm a huge nerd too but god drat.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

dreezy posted:

the concept of the trailer reaction video is the single greatest failure of the human species.

Taking it the step further and tiling a dozen of them on a video is just goddamn sadistic.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Watching DG now and I liked the first ep, so looking good so far!

Also Vancouver posing as Seattle, AGAIN. Better than it posing as the Bronx I suppose.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Is it just me or is the chief from Battlestar Galactica playing Mr Plinkett on the Dirk Gently show?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Something I noticed when watching A New Hope the other day - Red Leader and Gold Leader were both in Rogue One too. I looked it up and they used unused footage in R1. Red Leader actor guy died earlier in 2016 but Gold Leader guy is still around.

Just thought that was kinda interesting, I knew they looked familiar in R1..

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Hoping for another "gently caress you, it's January!"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

What if all movies turned out to be grandpa columbo reading a bedtime story to kevin from the wonder years??

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

WampaLord posted:

Yea, Harrison isn't as enamored with these silly space films as the rest of us. Actually, what does he like besides money and being left alone?

Much younger women, stud earrings

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I won't lie, I watched the trailer of Monster Trucks and was impressed by concept and originality of it. I'd definitely watch it on Netflix or something.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

"They're learning what the fans want is for darth vader to hack people to death with a lightsabre" :haw:

Good sendup of podcasters, I enjoyed it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Whenever a youtube subscription I follow starts doing lootcrate style plugs I just go "oh god dammit"

That stuff looks like the biggest scam in order to polish your nerd bonafides of getting a captain america tshirt in XXXXL

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

What are some other good youtube folks for quality movie reviews or deep dives on technical or story detail that folks here like? I really like Every Frame a Painting but other than that I haven't found much.

I used to watch Mr Sunday Movies but it is too nerd culture for me (plus the lootcrate stuff). The RLM video that satirized the "59 things in the rogue one trailer that YOU missed" type of video seemed to be targeting that one directly.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Now You See It is another good technical channel.

Cool thanks, checking it out now.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The Archaic posted:

It's not technical but Earthling Cinema is a guilty pleasure of mine. They don't review recent movies but movies that tend to be 5+ years old.

Non technical is fine too, I also like ones that deep dive into movies and going over the themes and what the filmmakers may have been trying to say. There was one quite a few years ago that was on PBS here that was on The Matrix (!) and it was quite interesting.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

These are some great recommendations, thanks ya'll! The Dan Recommends one is a gold mine, watching "Movies with Mikey"'s John Wick review right now, this is perfect.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Reading the comments must be excruciating. I can't even do it and I haven't put a ton of effort into making a video just so some mouthbreather can rip it to poo poo.

RIP Mike's Liver

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The best thing about 300 was the trailer that had the Nine Inch Nails soundtrack. It was an awesome trailer and the movie was actually a letdown after that, for me anyway.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I was very disappointed when Edgar Wright got moved off of Ant-Man. While it wasn't bad (Paul Rudd is a treasure) I have NO idea what it would have been like written/directed by Wright and that would be awesome.

For Matrix chat, I was pretty "what the fuuuuuck was that?" after Reloaded and went into Revolutions with "well I might as well see this through". I actually really enjoyed the fighting inside Zion though, with the grunts reloading mecha guns and shooting rocket launchers and such. The stuff involving the leadership debating everything was boring as poo poo, though.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Krinkle posted:

The second movie was so goddamn awful to watch I honestly at this moment am amazed when people say "I only saw the third because, well, might as well see this through..."

Well I slammed my dick in a car door but it's still attached. Might as well see this thing through.

Don't kinkshame plz

Also in the Animatrix I liked the 2 part history of the war, that was pretty interesting. Also legit disturbing.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

dreezy posted:

I wonder if jay wishes he was a little bit taller.

I have heard he wishes he was a baller.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My favourite playalong is the "don't poo poo your pants" one with mike.

As a bonus it's pretty short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOdgtCemWj8

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

It really has it all. All other playalongs are superfluous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Wolfman Jay best Jay

• Locked thread