Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The time of my life when I went to the theatres most often was because I lived in a place where it was ungodly hot and humid and the AC was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

violent sex idiot posted:

i just watched turbo kid because you talked abot it in this thread and also posted the review of it and here is my review of it: turbo kid is good have these people made other movies?

Apparently they are making.. a sequel? Oh..

ENDLESS TRASH!!!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

RIP Jessi on RLM, sorry things got weird but it's the internet after all

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

No Small Parts (a neat video series about smaller/character actors and their roles on youtube) had an interesting one on Norbert Grupe, the guy who played Viggo in Ghostbusters 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi0tAryAbLE

Spoiler: He's a huge racist rear end in a top hat

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I have a real love/hate thing with PUBG..

I can't disagree with their complaints apart that I don't mind the random crapshoot nature of it, for a game or two.

I've made it to #2 a couple of times but never managed to win but it's not the point anyway. Looting your gear and living in terror of being insta killed is. Plus I've had some pretty intense standoffs where someone was outside a room I was trapped in.

Biggest rule of the game is if you can get away from another player just run away! It rewards cowardice, which owns.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Imagine if battlegrounds had a full VR setup that made you run on a treadmill, so many fat goons would get into shape or die of heart attacks.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I was hoping it was gonna be a bait and rich because I really don't care about ghostbusters 2016 one way or the other.

Will still watch tho.

a bone to pick posted:

I hope Paul Fieg releases his suicide note soon

It will be entirely improv'd and go on way too long.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

This vid is just making me want to watch the original again and I watch it fairly frequently already

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

It's not a great movie but I think that Seth Rogen stoner comedy This Is The End actually has more developed characters and more believable character conflict.

The entire movie was saved by the bit with Channing Tatum and Danny McBride imo.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I want to see Jack dressed as Paul Feig trying to get onto the Sony lot.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

bring back old gbs posted:

it should have been the broad city+garfunkel and oats ladeys and billy eichner should have been in thor's role

This would have been amazing, eichner would have been perfect too. Also call him Craig and just make him the parks and rec character.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I watched BttF for the first time in forever and it holds up although it is a bit rapey.

Like the main plan is for marty to sexually assault his mom before his dad shows up to beat him off. And then Biff just short circuits the plan and goes for it.

PROBLEMATIC!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

Marty wasn't going to sexually assault his mom... his mom was sexually assaulting him.

Biff was a full on rapist though so when you think about it, it's really loving weird that they just let the guy who was going to rape Marty's mom wash their car and do their chores many years later

Like goddamn it McFly he almost raped your wife 30 years ago why are you allowing him anywhere near your home

Yah but the ~plan~ didn't take into account that marty's mom was a boozy slattern :haw:

Also yeah keeping Biff around as a pet was weird but perhaps it is related to some freaky sex games marty's now middle aged parents now have to play.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

FrensaGeran posted:

I would love a novelty zombie movie where everyone is rational and logical the entire time and people only die due to inescapable circumstances or extremely bad luck. I mean there'd be zero tension or humanity but at least I'd get to see cool anti-zombie ideas play out on screen.

Zombieland was a little like this, with the main tension coming from the humans scamming each other. I totally forget everything that happened after Bill Murray though.

Lex Luthor guy's rules for surviving were quite sensible and he only broke them once a hot babe showed up (totally understandable imo)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Kinda sad that a well(ish) known goon got owned by scrub tier RLMer

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

For me, I'm glad that he was owned

I don't actually know the saga but agreed. It was more in a mocking way to "goon celebs"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Sony is gonna announce a spinoff of GB2016 centred on the finger flipping dean.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

All I remember about firefly is a guy got sucked into an engine and it was funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

Same I quit twitter months ago and I haven't looked back. I really don't want to use it ever again because it just made me depressed and miserable like everyone else who uses twitter

I thought the same thing today when on my way home I realized I was so busy today at work I didn't have a chance to check it so I had no idea what twitter was mad about today and it felt great.

Just, takes willpower man.

• Locked thread