Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Did they have footage from another con where they had a booth right across from Jake Lloyd or am I imagining that because it's magical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

I'm still amazing that anyone (George Lucas) looked at the Gungans and thought "Yup, good idea, this is gonna be great"

And then he doubled down with Dexter Jexter or whatever the gently caress that piece of poo poo CG monster was called.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

WampaLord posted:

I can't believe Lucas just wrote the whole thing on a loving legal pad with no one helping edit or bounce around story ideas.

Just a bunch of Cliffs Notes!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Cracks me up every time :haw:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My favourite part of Argo was CF dude going to town on the comms in the :canada: embassy.

You gently caress up that radio, Gord!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I watched the Pete Postlethwaite vid on no small parts, he was great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wLNq50MZgc

I love this series btw, the Richard Kiel one is my fav.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I heard in the Tokyo Olympics coming up all the competitors from Japan will be Nintendo characters c/d

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The next one is a bad tablet AND an underpowered console all in one instead of split up like the previous one!

~preorders sell out, consoles are unavailable for 2 years, 8 games total are released~

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

greatn posted:

I'm pretty sure Hidden Figures was number one.

They meant in that there other America

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Those toys weren't made for children. Manchildren, yes.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Does Studio Ghibli count as anime because I like the Miyazaki movies a lot. Kids too and they don't even care if it is subtitled, put on Totoro or Spirited Away or Ponyo and they are transfixed. Even better than pixar for that!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Schweinhund posted:

Don't see how you class Mike Myers with Adam Sandler. He only made one really bad one with the Love Guru then he had the decency to stop making movies.

Cat in the Hat is pretty terrible too I hear but to be fair I haven't seen it. Also it sounds like Meyers was a crazy diva during filming.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

lmao, that was legit terror from Jay, awesome.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My fav RLM novelty character is Mike as Palpy.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Their insurance specifically does not cover "acts of Rich"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

I watched Nightcrawler and it was good but I feel bad now.

It's definitely a movie I felt like I needed a shower afterwards.

Some fantastic tension scenes though. And Gyllenhaal is loving creepy and yet watchable as hell.

A good flick. I have been meaning to watch Enemy both for Gyllenhaal and Villeneuve.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah I love both Sicario and Arrival, both are muay excellente.

Prisoners looks pretty messed up.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The effects in Blade didn't age very well at all (understatement of the year) but I still dig it and especially the sequel. I'd rewatch that before any DCU or MCU movie to be honest.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

David Carradine was especially great in KB2. RIP you magnificent wanker.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Jackie Brown is my favourite QT, the performances are aces. It really does a great job adapting the original book.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

For nerd crates they should just send out real Bene Gesserit pain boxes

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I'm both interested and worried about the Sicario sequel/prequel (they are not gonna specify when it occurs in relation to Sicario). It's cool that Josh Brolin and Benecio are back and if it can have scenes as tense as the border crossing convoy it could be bad rear end.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

How much soup can Josh's beard sop up? Half a bowlful at least. That thing is gross.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I'm hoping they review Split and.. disagree?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I just get a little vexed by his constant hair swiping (just trim it, GOD), but otherwise Mr Landis is fine and fits in rather well.

I am always interested about his insider info on how hollywood does stuff too. Even though it's always pretty similar - panicky idiots playing it safe at the expense of artistic integrity/diversity/whatever.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

New Concept Hole posted:

I watched the Starship Troopers cartoon as a child and don't remember anything about it except it was narrated as a war journal I think? Also it was CG and probably looks terrible now

I recall it kept a couple of the characters (Jonny and Dizzy) but put them in the power armor of the book and they fought the skinnies (humanoid alien enemies) too.

They didn't drop nukes as casually as they did in the book, though.

I love the Verhoven movie especially how wrong people get it sometimes. So many people thought it was a straight up love letter to fascism.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Jake Busey was also great in Contact, a movie I love because I'm a huge cheeseball.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The "would you like to know more?" segments were to bash people over the head with "SATIRE!" because the rest of the movie may have been too subtle, but even then..

Verhoven is a character, apparently he directed the shower scene in the nude (and was the first one to get nude) because he's dutch and doesn't give a gently caress about nudity.

It's funny too because at the time when it came out I was :swoon: about Denise Richards but now, Dina Meyer all the way.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

KakerMix posted:

I heard it was at the request of everyone in the scene that they'd do the coed shower scene only if Verhoven was naked too.

Hah, only fair. That could very well be, although it doesn't play into my stereotype of northern european old dudes just use any excuse to get butt rear end naked as well.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Isn't Heinlein a hard core "haw of my maw" libertarian? That was the vibe I got from "Moon is a Harsh Mistress"

And lots of polyamory/polyandry fuckin'.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Goa Tse-tung posted:

looots of Sci Fi is this tho

True that, out of "the big three" (Heinlein, Clarke and Asimov) only Asimov seemed to be pretty sex-less, story wise. The other two, gad drat.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

dreezy posted:

i watched it follows and it was definitely a jay movie. lots of weird teenage fuckin in that film.

Also monster mom fuckin

It was ok but I didn't really get everyone getting all excited about it. I think it is more of a sign of how lovely somewhat intelligent horror movies have gotten that everyone held it up as so amazeballs.

I like slow movies but I found it pretty boring. The trailer is great, though.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Starship troopers is amazing and i literally don't understand how anyone could dislike it

:same:

As mentioned by other, better posters, it works well on a couple levels at least. And I am also surprised how well the effects hold up, especially the CG bits.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

starkebn posted:

While Heinlein is definitely a sex pervert* this never happened in the book

*not that there's anything wrong with that if it's not kids

If you're a Clarke fan don't look into this kind of stuff :smith:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Creating content people would want to watch on a regular basis is a tricky thing, judging from all the crap cluttering up my youtube recommendations. More power to em.

My hope is to get coworkers hooked on watching them too so I can yap about them during my lunch break.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

In a pre-rec stream Jack talks about how he was tricked into going to a gay bar to see a furry stripshow.

Jack and Jay chatting while Rich occasionally interjects is my fav pre rec stream type. I love Rich but there is such a thing as TOO MUCH Rich.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Libelous Slander posted:

What in the actual gently caress?

I know, it was a moment of insanity I had. I'm better now.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

In a universe where a gazillion ton ship can just hover silently over a city why the hell do they have klutzy rear end legged vehicles I'll never get it :argh:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

kingcom posted:

Cause mechs are awesome. hope that helps your alcoholism riddled brain

~purple hands flailing at the keyboard while incoherent noises come from behind the camera~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

WB want Mel Gibson to do a Suicide Squad sequel, lmfao

Misread this (somehow) as "Mel Brooks", got excited

• Locked thread