Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

So this is apparently the "real" RLM thread now. I don't know how to feel.

AAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDSSSSSSS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FedEx Mercury posted:

Watto was the middle eastern merchant guy caricature that has been in Hollywood movies for nearly a century.

He can be that and be a Jewish stereotype too. Lots of Jews in the middle east.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Wicker Man posted:

With the kind of bullshit rules, political red tape and other things that gently caress with their trainees, there's probably more sexual shenanigans going on in the jedi council chambers than at the Vatican.

Makes me remember the Chappelle's show Jedi Council sex scandal sketch.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Echo Chamber posted:

Haven't watched Stranger Things yet, but the one Netflix show that's engineered to feel like a prestige drama despite being shallow and boring is House of Cards.

As a fan of the West Wing and someone who actually keeps up with politics (check the av), I can't stand that show because they don't give a gently caress about the politics.

A Democrat announces he's going to cut Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid in favor of a jobs program? Get the gently caress out of here.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I thought Kevin Spacy was a Republican in that show

No, he's a Democrat. I think the writers thought they were being clever, or perhaps more "fair" or something, but it makes the politics of the show make no sense.

If he was a Republican, the America Works things makes perfect sense.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Echo Chamber posted:

I think The West Wing also sucks but for different reasons. "The system works despite its problems!"

If I was a Red Letter Media wannabe with a YouTube channel (you know... the very guys mocked in the Episode 7 review), I definitely would attempt making some video essays explaining why both shows suck.

That's fair. I think The West Wing was a product of it's time. Remember it was being made during the Bush administration.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

E: loving double posts, I'm such a Josh.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Hell Yeah posted:

needs to be fatter

No kidding, that is unrecognizable as Rich Evans.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Trunko posted:

Um I don't want to hurt your feelings but.... Have you ever actually seen rich Evans?

Yea the head should be almost as wide as it is tall.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

RyokoTK posted:

Pathetic? You're not familiar with twitch, are you?

Someone post the "Mister Bibs, you are horribly incorrect" gif

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I've heard the effects are really neat and the story is typical Marvel story, but with no Avengers tie-ins.

Seems cool to me, as someone who enjoys "generic marvel trash."

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Berious posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy owned though

Sorry, if you post in this thread you're not allowed to like things, you must remain above it all and act like everything is trash.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

reignofevil posted:

I have heard comparisons made by others.

He wears a cape and does magic, I think that's about it.

If he had Orpheus' voice and mannerisms, I'd be going to a midnight showing.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I did not care too much for the Dr. Strange movie, I was mostly bored.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FedEx Mercury posted:

Holy poo poo I thought that awful font poster was a joke but they are actually selling it.

No one gives a gently caress about fonts you nerd.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

I wish they still did Best of the Worst

They do. In a Patreon update that went out on the first they said they're editing a new BotW.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

You're lying

I wouldn't normally do this, but the RLM thread loves to lie about poo poo.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

The McCauley caulkin (idk how to spell it) cameo was worth every second of Max Landis.

Agreed. He was a good sport to play up his creepy weirdo-ness for laughs on YouTube.

Also I liked Max Landis' appearance but I can totally understand people being turned off because he was trying too hard.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

Oh Max doesn't like Westworld? it must be good then.

It is good and he's gooning out hard in that video, like speargin about really trivial details. As a writer, you'd think he notice more of the thematic significance of events.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

At some point it stops making sense that the timid Asian guy is still helping Maive, I laughed in the finale though when he learned Bernard was a host and looked at his hands to make sure he's human lol.

You don't get that he's amazed by her progress and is totally down with seeing what a robot can do? He's not doing any of it reluctantly, that's why they showed him reprogramming the bird.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

I thought he was in love with her or something and then she started manipulating him because he's the ultimate manlet, was surprised she didn't kill him at the end of the finale.

If you're just starting your uprising, you want human allies. She was smart not to.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

BOTW is the one thing I don't bother watching.

Oh what the gently caress, I just thought this was a NotaZaar thing only. Or FedEx Mercury whatever his name is, the one with no joy.

Why are you not watching their best show?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

I thought you were just talking out of your rear end, but THERE'S A NEW WHEEL O' THE WORST OUT YOU GUYS

It's real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELYudG_0j3c

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

They even ask in that episode who put up the Geritol Follies tape and it turns out Mike did it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

1500quidporsche posted:

They need somebody to screen the videos beforehand.

I feel like you don't really get what the Wheel of the Worst is.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

revdrkevind posted:

No we get it, but every time those assholes sit down and watch an employee training video without realizing it's a goddamn employee training video, they're the ones who don't get how bad VHS tapes work.

"It's a torture device for the modern age."

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lazorexplosion posted:

Well this episode had no rules and no screening and it worked out fine so if they want to just keep doing that it's fine with me.

Exactly this. No pre-screening. You need the duds to make the amazing tapes stand out. Not everything can be a Shoji or an SOS.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Another reason duds work is sometimes you get poo poo like Tree Stand Safety. Where the gang is all excited for the video and then it turns out to be really terrible and they regret everything.

Yes, moments like that are so worth it. I love Mike admitting that their guesses beforehand of which tapes will be great have been almost totally wrong.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

revdrkevind posted:

The cast seem like they legitimately don't want to do any future episodes of this because it's not fun to do. That's why I would voice a concern.

I think you're reading way too much into one video.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

LOL at there already being a pre-existing "bad VHS tapes" scene that already knows all the big ones.

"Oh did you hear RLM just found out about the Shoji VHS? What a bunch of Johnny come latelies!"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

thexerox123 posted:

I find it bizarre that people think this is the last wheel of the worst based on one comment in the episode, when they have said it so many times before including pretending to throw the wheel in a dumpster.

Goons read way too much into everything, what else is new?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Is anyone else weirded out by boner confessor's amount of knowledge of the bad VHS "scene" as it were?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

I've been watching BOTW before bed for weeks now, and I've thoroughly exhausted the supply. The jonesing got so bad last night that I watched the Plinkett Cop Dog review. Please send help.

This is me, but when I get bored re-watching RLM I substitute other things, like the Persona 4 Endurance Run or long form video game criticisms.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

You can watch SFDebris review's of Star Trek episodes

they aren't funny like RLM though

No I can't cause he's not on YouTube, he's on some site my tablet won't work with.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

What was the episode where they watched the video about the company that turned children into dolls?

Wheel of the Worst 12:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8uKazrF2r8

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Trunko posted:

His name is Skywalker because it is in space

He's named after the weed strain. Lucas stole most of his naming conventions from weed strains.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Darth Maul was the death star of episode I and Anakin was the death star of episode III. I have no recollection of episode II, but I think there was some robot, so maybe him, too.

What was the death star of Empire?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Trunko posted:

say what you want about lucas but at least he was creative and tried do do something different

"do do" is the most appropriate typo here.

Different has to also be good for me to care. Different and bad is just bad.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Did Gareth Edwards' dad die when he was young? Why does he keep killing off the best actor/character in his movies at the end of the first act?

Are you claiming that Forest Whitaker's character was the best character in Rogue One?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Trunko posted:

Why do the Chinese alien people in the new star war movie Talk with Chinese accents

You know why.

Trunko posted:

I'm going to ask what everyone is thinking: why are there no transgendered characters in star wars

:smug: What's to say there haven't been any already? :smug:

• Locked thread