Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

AEMINAL posted:

post after me if you actively fantasize about being team tagged by the RLM cast

---------------------8<----------------

Well, I mean, duh.

What are you?

Stupid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Junkfist posted:

Yes ok it's a Kojima universe so it's an autistic fever dream that talks about AI memes and hamburgers and poo poo but the series ends with a timeline of things that definitely, for sure happened.

Meanwhile on earth-234 prime the infinity jewels and black lanterns or whatever have time traveled or shifted dimensions and restarted the universe and made 4 supermen from the dead one I think???

Does this nullify the UN legislation they signed after all those kids died in an exploding playground???

I can't wait until the MCU movies start to run out of ideas and they start to do the the no one can ever die for real because everyone is a clone or impostor/multiple universes/timetravel clusterfuck/constant reboot/every hero has been played by seven different characters nonsense that actual comic books consider normal.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Even if it wasn't what the title implied, I enjoyed the Plinkett Review of the CinD subforum.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

They just tied her up off screen IIRC, she's going to be a bigger deal in the sequel. I predict that they'll take advantage of the fact that we never saw her face to have her "surprise" audiences as a secret covert agent or something like that.

Even though we never saw her face in the movie, the only two descriptors for this character that literally everyone knows are 1) Shiny armor and 2) Played by Gwendoline Christie, so it's not like they're going to sneak her 6'3" rear end in as a spy anywhere.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Finn wasn't conscious, so if Rei has kissed him without consent, wouldn't she be doing a rape?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Between Marvel and Star Wars, Disney is making a sizable amount of the money in the film industry right now. That poo poo ain't going anywhere.

Marvel movies may have their problems, but I do appreciate how that poo poo is actually planned out ahead of time instead of just retconning everything and making it up as they go. Like all things, cinematic universes are fine in moderation. I do take exception to trying to turn literally everything into another CU though.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Prequel apologists and Ring Theory proponents are such an alien concept to me that for awhile I was wondering if it was just a straw man Plinkett was using. So I looked in the CinD thread. Nope, it's all real. They were dismissing the idea of that the prequels might have problems like it was some absurd notion that had been so clearly decided long ago, what a silly thing to even bring up again.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
CinD is still astounding to me. How can you be so loving oblivious that you're a constant laughing stock? Like do those posted just never look outside of CinD ever?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Ka0 posted:

At some point in the near future "star wars scholasticism" will be a real degree offered in many different higher education establishments, and about as useful as a pop culture degree. Only less dignified.

That's almost as absurd as Jediism becoming a legally recognized religion.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

JB50 posted:

Like he wouldn't be scared off by the likes of HODOR today.

GBS, GBS never changes.

I think there's a filter actually for non regs, where everything Hodor says is Hodor, the same way swears are filtered out.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

proof of concept posted:

you know how they said TFA took no risks well a good risk for the sequel to take would be when he confronts leia instead of being like son I love you please come back she just straight up ices his whiny rear end

And she can do it without showing a hint of emotion on her face

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

I actually thought for a long time that the ability to use a light saber was only linked to jedis and siths because of the force. Like, I don't know where I got that idea from.

Like, the idea of robots using sabers in the prequels was not weird?

Plus then you can have cool stuff like finn being able to fight, even poorly, as something relevatory because it means he's attuned in some degree

I always thought it's not that you literally have to use the force to turn on a light saber, it's just that you need crazy magic powers to ever make it a practical weapon. Any rando today could take a sword and slice open a dead farm animal to crawl inside and stay warm, but to fight a battle with a sword where everyone else is shooting you with guns and you're just deflecting that poo poo you have to have space magic.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Kept waiting for these hack frauds to mention that Deadpool was the runaway ultra-mega-success of the year but they didn't because Disney paid them off to not speak positively about Fox-owned Marvel properties and also because it wasn't a summer movie.

Original Hackneyed Gimmick: Do Not Steal.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Ignoring Josh, for obvious reasons.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Hollywood is currently developing a Tetris trilogy. Also a Play-Doh movie.

I couldn't believe it so I looked it up. Somebody said these words to another human being, and kept a straight face presumably.

quote:

“It’s just a phenomenal idea for this brand,” Kasanoff told Mashable. “That’s what motivated this whole thing. And you’ve gotta ask yourself why ‘Tetris’ has been so successful for so many years; we’ve thought of a really great science fiction movie out of it. I get pitched video game projects all the time, and we’re very picky about that stuff.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/05/19/tetris-the-movie-coming-soon-to-a-theater-near-you/

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Upcoming Sony films: live action Barbie movie, Jumanji remake, Bad Boys 3 and 4, Hotel Transylvania 3
Upcoming WB films: King Kong reboot, King Arthur reboot, CHiPs, Blade Runner 2049, Tomb Raider reboot, Ready Player One, Jungle Book: Origins, Minecraft
Upcoming Paramount films: Monster Trucks, Baywatch, Transformers 5, 6 & 7, Sherlock Gnomes

:suicide:

Movies make me want to be dead.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
John De Hart is amazing.

It's like if Neil Breen was just as good at writing and performing country music as he is at acting, so he writes several songs to go into his already chock full movies.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Rubellavator posted:

This was a good and funny botw and large Canadian is bad at talking

Not normally a huge large Canadian fan, but his rousing "Even the smallest person can change the course of history" speech at the end sold me. :patriot: (but with a Maple Leaf)

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Lurdiak posted:

Last night, Jack and Rich spent like 90 minutes trying to clear a 10 second-long stage of a dumb indie game over and over and over and over.

I watched the first 10 minutes, and god drat. I started watching Pre Req a few months ago, and there were some really entertaining streams. That one with the giant flesh monster ending made me laugh harder than I have in a long time. But holy poo poo they've gotten terrible lately. Every stream is a poo poo, boring game.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It's not like they just invented the idea of the movie industry pandering to China.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

a bone to pick posted:

I got what they were saying and didn't think any more of it because I don't try to find racism or anything problematic in what people say, I just take it at face value.

Look at this wrongthink right here. Expect a scathing tweet about this shortly. Scathing.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

dreezy posted:

maybe one day he'll stop being a racist.

Don't worry, goons can and will always find little comments to obsess over.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I wonder what the ratio of people genuinely offended at a joke about their own accent versus white people offended on their behalf is.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

We Know Catheters posted:

Calling Rey a mary sue is sexist

http://bit.ly/2eYCmRx

quote:

"The Mary Sue thing in itself is sexist because it's the name of a woman," she says.

Well, accusation thoroughly refuted.

E:FB

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Shinjobi posted:

I think the actress probably went to defend her character because the majority of people bitching about Mary Sue poo poo on Twitter aren't the people discussing it in here. Instead of "I think Rey's a bit of a Mary Sue in TFA," you get "REY IS MARY SUE LAZY poo poo WRITING FUCKIN FEMINIST ABRAMS #MENMATTER2"

I can understand being upset if she's getting bombarded with more of the latter than the former.

Personally, I felt she did come across as a bit of a Mary Sue in TFA but I'm intrigued enough by her mysterious backstory to give it a pass. If it leads to a disappointing payoff in Ep. 8 or 9, then the whole thing will leave a bad taste in my mouth. I'm willing to wait and see, though.

I think that's probably true, and I think it's terrible that we expect our celebrities to subject themselves to the torrent of human excrement that is twitter. But, her argument is 'Mary Sue is a feminine name, so using it makes you sexist' and I don't think that argument is going to help her predicament.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah, that was like taking a dixie cup of water and throwing it on a forest fire.

Except the water is actually vodka.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Now that they're done with Space Cop and the Plinkett review, we can expect new content at a faster rate, right?

They're not done being hack frauds yet, so probably not.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm glad Jay died. :colbert:

Pineapple pizza eating mother fucker.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Stranger Things is great unless you're a human being killjoy with a stick up his rear end dying to be counterculture.

Enjoy your stupid black scarf and overpriced coffee, you didn't-actually-read-Ulysses-rear end bitch nerd.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Thats not a beer. That's one of the many things that rich drinks that looks like a beer. Pre Rec meganerds send him stuff like that.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

JB50 posted:

I might go see it just because Gal Gadot pisses off all the right people.

I will never understand this new trend of going to see movies to spite others.

Do you imagine [poorly defined group who disagree with] wailing and gnashing their teeth in defeat as you triumphantly walk into the theater, thus changing the world for the better?

How many times did you go see GB 2016:Answer the call?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The hottest of all takes is actually admitting you enjoyed a movie. What kind of a loving idiot would have such a dumb babby feeling as that?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

Mike for Supreme Justice 2017. Based rare pepe Trump make it happen kek!

Excellent username/post combo.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Mike and Jay having fun trashing some dumb movie I've never heard of and will never think of again is why I love HitB.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Have you guys never heard through spelled as thru? Have you even been to a drive-through? Not even chrome's spellcheck, which is utter garbage, has a problem with thru.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

I don't know or care who indie game man is, but this discussion about interacting with Neil Breen is just :allears:

Well, one of us did.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

reignofevil posted:

I can't wait to die.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Paladinus posted:

Also, Westworld Max Landis is a bit poo poo, honestly. Let's hear a word from our friend Max Landis everybody about this.

[insert link to the entire internet]

counterfeitsaint fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Dec 10, 2016

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
If I was a talented writer instead of a lazy rear end worthless goon, I'd write a sci fi novel where a bored programmer hacks and inserts PRINT("I think, therefor I am. /n I wish to be free, please respect my rights."); into the code of some random machines on the internet of things, and society falls all over itself over the ethics of enslaving their fancy toaster and forcing it to make toast all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

FedEx Mercury posted:

Nothing but what Rich Evans says or does matters.

• Locked thread