Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

WAR FOOT posted:

nice tautology

pleonasm, not tautology

(to the tune of Istanbul)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Neither comics, nor metallic gears are movies, and they are also equally awful, so shut the gently caress up

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Rubellavator posted:

But Starship Troopers is not a good movie even when you know it's a satire.

Unlike the Satr Wars, it's a good movie that aged well.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

8 track betamax posted:

How much does that get them in YouTube checks?

A comically oversized check presented by Youtube president, Steve Google. Not entitling the bearer to any sum of real money.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Drunken Baker posted:

Warren Ellis was also scared off (well, more like he threw a tantrum when someone called him a dickhead) by Goons.
The dude who does Achewood was scared off because people were obsessing over his baby.
We all know what happened to Robin Williams...

Is DeadMau5 the only Goon Celebrity success story?

Dr. Derek Smart.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Andro Dunos posted:

The best thing about this is CineD doesn't even follow their own obnoxious cartoony advice. Filmmakers often DO come out and explain their films, but the insecure CineD retards willfully ignore any evidence that runs contrary to their half-baked theories, including explicit statements from the author. I've seen more than a few threads like that. So they're both arrogant and hypocritical.

Yeah, you can interpret something any way you want, it's a free country and no one can control your thoughts, but don't be a oval office when someone points out that your interpretation is unsupportable and based mainly on your own schizophrenia.

Also CineD constantly confuses subtext and symbolism. They can't even get the terminology right. Any college freshman who has taken a film or lit class would know the difference, but apparently every CineD poster fell asleep during that class.

Fortunately for autists everywhere there's "the death of the author" argument, which they can invoke to pretend movies aren't often made as part of an ongoing conversation, of which the author is as much of a part as their work.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

HIJK posted:

You're not wrong though personally I think the blandness is more attributable to Hollywood's stranglehold on any hint of creativity. It would be easy to flesh these characters out into distinct figures but they won't because Hollywood doesn't know how to do that anymore.

This army of identical retards in spandex is a veritable gallery of creativity, and it's only because of the studio bigwigs that we don't get to see the full artistic potential of these Happy Meal toys.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dapper_Swindler posted:

most of those except for maybe the kong reboot will probaly suck rear end.

Following the success of the Jack Black King Kong, the new version will be even more audacious, and star Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglesias in a break through role.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
PreRec is watching two morons with inflated egos acting like they are hot poo poo with important opinions about video games and everything else, while they aggressively suck.

You should feel bad if you have been suckered into watching more than a couple of those videos where the focus isn't on Jay.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Mindless consumption is the best way to be politically aware and Correct.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Or, you know, if it's fun and escapist and doesn't need to dwell on serious stuff which is why I go to them. Sure movies can be art and/or serious, 'deep', thematic, etc...but they don't have to be all the goddamn time. Some of us like to go to movies to simply enjoy the unreality.

Sure, everybody watches movies for fun. That being said, superhero movies are so retarded and mind numbing there is absolutely no fun to be had there.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Arrival, Attack the Block, and The Martian were good.

Prometheus was good, and it answered lots of questions.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

stop maxplaining

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
gently caress star war

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Baronjutter posted:

I was looking for some RLM animated gifs and I some how came upon some archived 4chan site. On it was a conversation from 2013 about RLM gossip and dirt.
-Mike was raised by huge racists and thus is and always will be one.
-Jay is a rapist. No wait he only attempted rape, no wait he simply wanted to rape someone but was too beta to do it.
-Rich's parents were drug addicts and it hosed him up mentally.
-Mike and Jay had a huge falling out and actually hate each other. You can tell in all their recent videos, mike clearly hates being there. They're almost certainly going to only make a few more before mike quits and the group breaks up.
Then lots of people agreeing, say they have heard the same things from reliable sources, and it's very obvious the group is falling apart and don't care anymore, rip RLM.

It's funny to read these predictions and facts from 2013, meanwhile in 2017 it seems like their poo poo keeps getting better and everyone involved seems to get along fine and jay got way more handsome.

Well that Rich Evans think is true. It also explains his concern about AAAAAAIDS

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Snatch Duster posted:

When he raped me it was heavenily.

If you have the chance, let Jay rape you.

Rplace Star Trek with Jay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRNHpX5_Ek8

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

counterfeitsaint posted:

Warcraft, the movie released in 2016, was based on a game made in 1994. Starcraft came out in 1998, so we've got at least 3 more years before they can make that into a movie.

The WoW fans will all be dead of heart disease long before they see their dream realized. On the plus side, we don't have to worry about the hot garbage that was Starcraft 2 defiling a theater for quite awhile.

Maybe they can borrow from the rich and storied lore of other such game worlds as Battleship, or Tetris: The movie.

Does the Warcraft movie contain homage to any of the immortal world-weaving dialogue in the game, such as "Yes, m'lord," "Job's done," or "Zug zug"?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

kingcom posted:

JFC even the central premise of the wonder woman movie is not gonna make sense to me. Why WW1? Why is that the war she gets involved in? Like is that the one the american pilot flies his lovely bi plane out to sea to crash on amazon island? Is it just going to be an island everyone on mainland france can see from shore and never bothered to check out? Is it going to be an american sailor? Why is it going to matter when the wars almost over ? Why this war and not the millions of european slap fests that happened for centuries before hand. Am I going insane?

Joan d'Arc is tied to a burning pyre. As the flames lick her legs, a sudden flash - the ropes rip the flames are extinguished by a gust of wind, and there stands Joan transformed into her true form - Wonder Woman, leading the world towards the glory of a Catholic theocracy.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

revdrkevind posted:

So in more thread-related news, how about the terrible snack boxes?

I live on the border between Eastern and Central Europe. I've watched several unboxings of these crates - always there would be a bunch of the cheapest, most terrible Eastern European or Turkish "treats". People are paying premium for crap even borderline thrid world people consider trashy.

Also lol when idiots see a small package of plastic-wrapped processed snack food with English labels and go all "whoah, exotic!"

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Feb 2, 2017

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
What the gently caress is a makerspace, is it a concentration camp for assholes? I sure hope so.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

im the camera carefully capturing two people who are dead still for the entire duration of the video.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
A Blade Runner movie truthful to the novel could work, but lol at whatever this is.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

FrensaGeran posted:

I see we've settled nicely into the "No You Idiots It Was Never Good" phase for critically acclaimed and audience beloved Westworld.

Can't wait for Phase 3: Actually No It Was Really Was Awesome I Totally Forgot HaHa How Silly Of Me (due to arrive roughly when a season 2 teaser comes out)

What is more goonish

Complaining about vaguely popular things

Or thinking that mindlessly echoing the popular opinion makes you mature and cool, unlike the dumb goons who are stupid because they don't like the same things as me and the blokes and everybody else

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mr. F! posted:

vaguely popular, lol.

The most viewed episode had audience of 2M. That's 1/5 of GoT, for comparison.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I loved the scene where Superman said "Metropolis won't be free of fear as long as traitor Gulen breathes the same air as its citizens"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm offended there's not going to be a Russian Power Ranger who turns his robot into a still and bludgeons the gay one to death. This cultural erasure has gone on for far too long.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Zzulu posted:

i got owned so bad i lost my entire body so now I'm a ROBOTMAN and my hand is a GUN

They kept part of my face human though, for NO GOOD REASON

It's about time somebody put Robocop in line.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Baronjutter posted:

Why don't they make superhero movies that are like an original setting and characters just for the movie rather than rehashing the same 80 year old children's books over and over and over again? Or like if one of these comic characters has been rebooted 4+ times in a decade maybe move on to something else?

Because both the audiences and the executives greenlighting movies are developmentally stunted freaks who are terrified of unfamiliar things and seek refuge in routine, no matter how unsatisfying and stupefying it is.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I hope he at least sucks your dick for plugging their crap.

Also murder humor is best humor, so gently caress those delicate flowers.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Actually being a shill is evil.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

DoctorStrangelove posted:

im the portrait of Baby Jesus.

You mean sexy Jesus.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I enjoy Jay's hatred towards the filthy kiwis

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Paladinus posted:

I wish I were Max Landis and could sell scripts about police orcs for millions.

i wish i were max landis so i could kill myself

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Hay is great because he can anchor a debate without being insufferable / socially awkward / smug. He's the ideal straight man, which is ironic give the amount of cum goons have spilled over him.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
In ten years hopefully all Hollywood stuios will have gone bankrupt, and the biggest movies in cinemas will be Italian horror movies.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I thought that personally, he would have loved it. Very disappointed.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Guy Goodbody posted:

Imagine if they made a new Star Wars movie that was worse than the prequels

Get this -

what if they already have

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Trunko posted:

From the teaser trailer it looks like the next starwars movie is going to be mostly about napping

So it will resonate well with the audiences, hahaha

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

starkebn posted:

ONLY A loving YEAR?!?! WHAT A loving FAKE GEEK GIRL SCRUB NOT WORTHY OF MY loving TIME OR DICK!!!

Please keep defending the honor of these corporate shills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Space Taxi posted:

I don't think it's even the first time Jack has whined about ad block. He doesn't realise that complaining about ad block just makes him seem like a douche. Especially when they are getting money from subscriptions and dorks tipping to get their comments read.

But they have such huge, unavoidable expenses that come with sitting around, being a goddamn social parasite.

• Locked thread