Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mike's Landis

edit: Mike's Landing Strip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dongicus posted:

i watched a live stream of them playing ace attorney where they read the text in dumb voices which is peak Jack Aids

To be fair this is the worst kind of stream/lets play no matter what, even without jack talking in his poo poo pee pee voice

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would be super down with the chopper riding in MGS5 if it only happened during story missions and never ever for side missions or just hanging out in the game world.

In movie news, I rewatched The Shining today and yup it's still one of the best movies ever made. My list of 'best movies ever made' is very long though so I dunno how much credence that lends to it

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Eh, the review was ok. I would've preferred if it was more about the movie itself but I can see why the star wars ~culture~ reboot is just as important as the movie reboot

In summary,

metal droid solid v the phantom menace

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I mean i understand. but Id rather have disney whoring it out rather then WB(DC) or sony(spiderman and ghostbusters,etc) or lucas sitting on the franchise and either making another series of dumbshit or nothing. the marvel movies while factory made are at least good quality for the most part. disney is the safest place for it to have a chance to take risks or at least some.

Yeah but the point is that it took none besides adding minorities all over the place, a thing which most people won't care about one way or another. I guess you could forgive that by saying it's the first in a new franchise, so they needed to play it safe at first in order to get a foot in the door, though.

KakerMix posted:

I laughed out loud many times during TFA review thus it was good.

Yea the humor was still spot-on even if the subject matter was eeeeehhhhh

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Stabbatical posted:

also I'd forgotten how basically every scene has someone making light of their situation in the scene for no real reason

Ahh, the Joss Whedon Fastball Special

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I watched the two "Everything Wrong With 'Everything Wrong With _____'" videos by shesellsheshells
I ended up blocking cinemasins channel so that youtube would never recommend me about him.
Cinemasins has no business as a film critic, his jokes are terrible, he's too stupid to follow a marvel movie...
I think the worst part is how he censors his swears but talked about jacking off and cumming to Black Widow, who he also was constantly negging and poo poo talking. This is pretty much the face of youtube movie criticism, and this poo poo far FAR shittier than anything RLM has ever done misogyny-wise since cinemasins is sincerely a creep.

1. Shesellssheshells is trash

2. Cinemasins guys are very open about how their videos are not supposed to be deep or really even legitimate film critique, they're just for fun

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Personally I do not care what an internet video man says or doesn't say about women, it does not affect my life in any meaningful way

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
http://www.geteventhemovie.com/

geteven

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Genuine answer: It's a fine line. In order to do stuff like that in a way that's non-offensive you have to subtly clue people in that you're not implying the other person is inferior for sounding weird, they just sound funny to you, which is too hard to pull off to be worth doing

Jokey answer: Of course, everyone knows you can't be racist against white people

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zzulu posted:

What race is Jar Jar Binks a mockery of

The human race.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My favorite halloween movie is the 1989 movie Teen Wtich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksBE53CIT8E

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

temple posted:

I probably got my first boner watching Teen Witch. I've tried to find what I saw in her but can't.

I mean, look at the way that dude's shirt hangs off his shoulders like it's made of paper and you'll find your answer. What a stud.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Whorelord posted:

yeah gently caress people if they don't know about star trek fanfics jfc

The origin of the phrase is in the very first result on google, which is a wikipedia article.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Archaic posted:

Like Neil Breen or Geteven

The difference is that Neil Breen is perfect :smug:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zzulu posted:

theyre a bunch of fat millennial film school dorks who couldn't make it in the real industry so they accidentally became popular on youtube instead, a medium they actively despis, but have to deal with because its the only way they can make money

every waking moment is torment for these men

M-Millennials?? Oh god, no!!!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Rich Evans, Karate Master

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like when the gang goes YEEEAHHHHH whenever something explodes, whether it be a car jackknifing or a head blowing up.

edit: Oh man, "let's go send those fuckers a rambo-gram" is the best line ever

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I feel great sadness for you if product placement actually works on you

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

King Vidiot posted:

Here's a tip, it's not actually "working" if you're aware of it, and I've not actually eaten an Eggo waffle in over 20 years.

The general "you", not you specifically, King Vidiot. I'm sorry you haven't recently enjoyed the delicious fluffy taste of Eggo Waffles which now come in several flavors including my favorite, Hoppin Brown Sugar Cinnamon

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Paladinus posted:

They are movies for literal and mental babies. Enjoying them betrays your stunted development.

I don't get it, they're perfect for you then! :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

reignofevil posted:

If a superhero movie has a larger thematic purpose and it also is an interesting movie that isn't too unrealistic it is okay to like it.

I like The Dark Knight. That's about it.

Thank you, lord of opinions Reignofevil, for telling others when it is and isn't okay to like something. Where would we be without you besides in a better RLM thread that didn't suck rear end

• Locked thread