Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

dreezy posted:

welp, here it is. the plinkett review that took 12 years to make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ

*sprinting into thread* It's bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The old reviews are better and Jack is cool and funny!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Captain Lavender posted:

For a bunch of guys that have spent so long making sure I know how much they don't care about millennial internet commentators , they sure put out a solid hour debunking millennial internet commentators.
they're protecting their legacy of being correct about star wars against a shifting zeitgeist deluding itself itself into being wrong about star wars

Captain Lavender posted:

In a Hollywood where male and female lead characters sharing a scene always form into a romantic relationship, I don't get calling Ray and Finn having a platonic relationship a failure of originality or risk-taking. It was pretty much my favorite aspect of the movie - character-wise.

same. they were buddies it was cute!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

Any woman getting involved with anything related to nerd-media has to have super thick skin and fight a horrible uphill battle and deal with abuse and stalkers and creepy poo poo forever and I imagine that takes its toll. Some of my friends do nerd media poo poo for money and are pretty successful, and one of them is a fee-male and holy poo poo. Every single video with her in it gets like 100 creepy and awkward comments and compliments and any time they'd do a public event nerds would travel from all over just to fawn over her and generally be creepy. And that's the people who like her, holy poo poo if someone doesn't like a thing she said or how she looks in a particular video.

this poster is attacking me somebody help

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Krampus was a pretty good kids' movie with some of the stuff you guys are saying

It's what pg-13 horror is supposed to be, instead of just an R movie but without violence or swearing, a kids' movie with some stank on it

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

RLM is for people who don't watch movies first and foremost.

ffffff I was arguing with my friend about whether Harrison Ford was good in Force Awakens and it turned out he hadn't even seen it and was just going off what somebody said on the Cracked podcast. what a character!

if you're not even gonna watch the movie at least parrot the opinions of the out of the shape alcoholic midwesterners of Red Letter Media, not the... comically derisive description of whatever Cracked people are like, of Cracked. adenoidal examiners of inconsequential plot inconsistencies?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

priznat posted:

Holy poo poo Matrix 3 was rated R, I did not even realize. I wonder why, it wasn't really ~that~ extreme was it?

To be honest I am struggling to remember anything from it beyond a shitload of agent smiths in the rain and shooting rockets at the robot squid.

:black101:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/J4D5pVt.gifv

uhh are we sure this movie didn't f*cking own

Cubone
May 26, 2011

priznat posted:

I think if you can believe one guy can beat up 100 dudes then you should also believe a gal can do it too because they're both fantasy.

as it happens I actually used my muscles and training to beat up at least twice that many, when I was in China, so, you're gonna have to find yourself a stronger argument here, pal

Cubone
May 26, 2011

priznat posted:

Did you mean "up" or "off"? :haw:

the one where I use my fists on muscular men, buster! and if you keep saying it's the one that it's not you just might get the one that it is

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Skip My Posts posted:

we get it, you jack guys off

fella you keep talking like that and I might just serve a couple knuckles to your templeton peck, if you catch my drift

Cubone
May 26, 2011

the airport fight in avengers uh 7 (?) was good

I'm not going to defend that with arguments though I haven't watched it since it came out I just remember it prompted me to say to my pal that it felt like movies forgot how to do action scenes for a while

Cubone
May 26, 2011

ok does anybody have the full plane scene with the unfinished audio? I need it in my life

Cubone
May 26, 2011

a bone to pick posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI0MGrwqb6w

tom cruise has some really annoying screams

thank

Cubone
May 26, 2011

a bone to pick posted:

Neil Blomplomp wants to be on RLM

https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/status/873706208808415232

The space cop sequel is coming together already
that'd be a pretty high-profile get for me to not care about

Cubone
May 26, 2011

neil blumpkin

you can have that one I just came up with it

Cubone
May 26, 2011

WampaLord posted:

he spawned a wave of imitators who can't pull off his trick as well.

like who?

serious question

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Space Taxi posted:

Now that I think about it, face hugger is an adorable name for a horror monster.

Look out, the tummy tickler is in the ventilation shaft!

scream, scream for your lives

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Space Taxi posted:

I want a vag burster scene. Make it happen James Cameron.

he's busy making 17 Avatar sequels

although maybe he's making a James Cameron Cinematic Universe, who knows

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Veshpo posted:

IIRC was a writer on a bad early draft of Toy Story where they were all unlikable shitbags, especially Woody.
one of whedon's weaknesses is wanting everything to be dark and miserable, but he usually has the good fortune or foresight to be surrounded by people who stop him

there're several DVD commentaries where somebody says something like "Joss wanted to kill ______ here, and we (or his friends or the producers or the studio) had to fight pretty hard to talk him out of it. he loves darkness and wants everybody to be miserable" and joss is always like "yes, that is true."

that's why everybody dies in serenity. nobody was there to stop him. and dr horrible. and cabin in the woods.
and agent coulson. and not for story telling reasons obviously since he just brought him back
there was even a character from the first season of angel that only existed because whedon wanted to kill off a cast member who had an opening credit since like the first season of buffy, and he finally got to do it by making a character specifically to seem important and likable and then die. he probably wanted iron man to die, or pepper potts. he probably spent his time on Roseanne trying to kill. every script he turns in just like "no, Joss, we aren't going to let you kill Becky."

Cubone
May 26, 2011

vermin posted:

But enough about Jessica Jones

jessica jones wasn't about rape, stop reading so much into things

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Fartbox posted:

Isn't everything mostly lighthearted comedy romp in the comics as well? Generally speaking?

You'll have a world eating entity about to chomp down on some city and spiderman will make a quip or deadpool will fart loudly or whatever

what? no, superhero comics are about rape

Cubone
May 26, 2011

The Rabbi T. White posted:

This is wrong, by the way. Dude playing him was a junkie and left to go try get clean.

that doesn't help with the narrative I was building

Cubone
May 26, 2011

imagine if that poster just didn't use the word rape. we could all be posting about something, anything other than every single motherfucking person's individual hot take on rape subtext. a beautiful dream

Cubone
May 26, 2011

canned from the band posted:

ya'll annoyed about the rape chat in the thread where fuckbot 5000 exists :thunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miwOmyvBqF4

Fuckbot 5000 isn't about rape.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Randarkman posted:

A whole lot of the movies reviewed on there have been on Best of the Worst.

Slaughter High, Skateboard Kid, Pocket Ninjas, Yor, Order of the Black Eagle, Elves, and it goes on.

the first time I saw SA's movie reviews (circa ~2003) I wasn't even sure if they were real movies. everybody knew like Killer Klowns From Outer Space or Big Trouble in Little China and I thought that that was what a "bad movie" was. I wasn't aware of the phenomenon of sub-b-movie bottom shelf trash like Ax 'Em

even today, in a post-tim-and-eric world, with redlettermedia, everythingisterrible, cinema snob, and countless other aficionados of schlock trash making a living scraping through the bottom of the barrel, lowtax is still surprising me with the ludicrous bullshit he tags onto the ends of gaming garbage videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nZgEF9jB_U&t=344s
the man has an honest-to-god talent for finding just the most obscure dumpster entertainment.
I went through a period of checking out those kinds of movies myself and the funny-bad to bad-bad ratio is abysmal. the fact that lowtax has an apparently bottomless cache of this type of poo poo that a) is funny, and b) I don't recognize fills me with great joy

Cubone
May 26, 2011

really honed into the salient part of my post there fellas

Cubone
May 26, 2011

really honed into the salient part of my post there fellas

Cubone
May 26, 2011

would you believe that when I wrote that post I actually considered that putting scare quotes around the words "bad movie" might be too obvious? I mean, it's not like I was making a profound thematic swerve by introducing and then revoking a false premise for contrast, it was contextualized as an abandoned perception literally as it was introduced. I actually thought nobody could possibly be so loving stupid that I would need to qualify it any further

Cubone
May 26, 2011

you're a squawking parrot, you're an ant

Cubone
May 26, 2011

every frame a painting :colbert:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

cowabunga? cowa loving piece of dog poo poo! I'd rather have a buffalo take a diarrhea dump in my ear! I'd rather eat the rotten rear end in a top hat of a roadkill skunk and down it with beer!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

well if we're already at Worker & Parasite, we might as well skip ahead to Captain Pronin Superstar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5e2GfbxTcA

Cubone
May 26, 2011

if they're gonna have a Star Wars movie every year, i want them to go nuts with it. darth Vader as Jason voorhees was a great idea but they didn't go far enough with it. like in the spirit of iron man 3 being a buddy cop throwback and Kong skull island being a vietnam movie, they could just have like david lynch or the coens do -whatever the gently caress they want- and get something weird and crazy for one of those years
it's such a vibrant, crazy universe and we keep going back to the same 6 loving people. give me a heist movie on coruscant.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Ups_rail posted:

So regarding transformer5

was doug here correct?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctembQrH_0k

no

Cubone
May 26, 2011

he should attach "not a review" to everything he's ever done

Cubone
May 26, 2011

WampaLord posted:

By this definition, you're calling the Holiday Special good.

No, everything star wars made before or during 1980 is also bad.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

the show with the record setting highest number of on-screen dicks and the world's first x-ray male on male internal cumshot,

I'm getting a lot of good recommendations out of gbs today

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I'm not saying it's edgy, but the story does kick off because main character's wife and best friend die in a car crash while he's in prison and gaiman makes it a point that she died with his dick in her mouth

Cubone
May 26, 2011

sure, I'm just saying

it's at least edgy-adjacent

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Castor Poe posted:

- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Temple of Doom
- Last Crusade
- The Mosquito Coast
- A New Hope
- The Empire Strikes Back

Am I missing any?

he didn't kill his wife. get off his plane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

FrensaGeran posted:

Firewall was good, had a very accurate depiction of cybersecurity and lots of tension

hm. I bought a copy of that for like 3 dollars when hollywood video went out of business and I never watched it.
I'll check it out.

oh and if it sucks? I'm killing myself.

• Locked thread