Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Hell Yeah posted:

would a mod please change the thread title to something that doesn't sound like a thing totalbiscuit would say?

same but for every post in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm one of the popcorn boys ama

im also a special guest on the "movies make me dead" podcast

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Now that they've gone over all this extraneous poo poo they're probably not gonna have any material for episode 8 (unless it's a steaming turd)

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Guy Goodbody posted:

No, the Achewood guy set up a monthly subscription thing where'd you get extra content, and then started doing way less content for free to get more people on the monthly subscription. Then he started going months without putting up any new content for anyone, and kept taking orders on his webstore without ever actually sending anything out.

The Pictures for Sad Children guy did a Kickstarter for a book, sent some of the books out but then said he wasn't going to send any more because he didn't like money, and burned the rest of the books.

burned the rest of the books AND sent a video of it to anyone who asked him when they were getting their books

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Baronjutter posted:

What the gently caress? Was he mentally ill?

Probably

"" posted:

John Campbell, creator of the webcomic “Pictures For Sad Children,” raised over $51,615 via Kickstarter for a print collection of his work in 2012. Since the campaign’s completion, he claims to have shipped “75% of Kickstarter rewards to backers” — but he won’t be shipping out any more. In a recent update to his Kickstarter campaign, Campbell posted a video of himself burning 127 of the remaining books — one for each of the messages via social media he has received so far about the late-shipping books, and he’ll burn another one every time he gets another message about a backer not getting their rewards.

Accompanying the video update is a lengthy essay that maligns capitalism and outlines Campbell’s current financial situation (going so far to post screencaps of his online bank balance and PayPal account balance), and passes judgement on the Kickstarter model. Campbell further states that he will not be sending any refunds for those who have not yet received their rewards, telling those seeking a refund to “please contact a fan of my work directly for your money. This is where the money would come from anyway. I am cutting out the middle man.”

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Gammatron 64 posted:

Because he's a villain and not the protagonist.

It works thematically because he's a Darth Vader wannabe, except he fails to be like Darth Vader when Vader was cool, but ironically is more like Vader when he sucked.

I'm kind of torn on Kylo Ren though, because while I think his characterization is interesting and clever, he's also really, really pathetic and doesn't feel even remotely threatening or dangerous. A big part of what made Darth Vader and the Empire so great is that they seemed practically unstoppable, so you root for desperate underdogs going up against impossible odds. Rey pretty much humiliated Kylo Ren at every chance she got. The stakes don't feel so high when your hero totally punks the bad guy with no training or effort.

tbf when they fought ren had a hole in his abdomen and that new emperor dude is supposed to be giving him some more training so I guess when Ep 8 comes around they'll make him a bigger threat, maybe.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

temple posted:

Rey should become a half-jedi half space angel and block death star attacks with her lightsaber and get a hoverboard and do oilies off of the Millennium Falcon while chopping troopers in half and be president of the galaxy.

and then she can finally legalize space weed

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
everyone's going to want to dress up like captain phasma, obviously

like remember when ANH came out and all the little kids were dressing up like Grand Moff Tarkin? Such a great figure for kids to look up to

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
let's make a 3rd death star, but EVEN BIGGER and it can BLOW UP MORE PLANETS LIKE A SPACE SHOTGUN

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Guy Goodbody posted:

If only there were other movies you could watch

nah but don't you get it he sees posters of them sometimes when he walks by the movie theatre THEY'RE EVERYWHERE THERE'S NO ESCAPE

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Guy Goodbody posted:

I like the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I hope they keep making those movies for so long they start making movies that are completely impenetrable unless you've seen the earlier movies. I want ABC to start making all their shows technically set in the Marvel Cinemantic Universe, even if there's usually no way to tell.

A show about a pregnant teen and her friends and family and occasionaly aliens and robots blow poo poo up in the background

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
they're making a john wick 2 so I still have hope for hollywood

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I liked the PreRec they did for the order 1886, just 40 minutes of jack and rich making GBS threads on a bad game and then they set it on fire with a bunch of matches that spell out "gently caress You"

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
is anyone gonna fight with a lightsaber at some point in rogue one cuz if not im out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Gammatron 64 posted:

Lando wasn't in the Force Awakens because there can only be one black guy in Star Wars at any given time

who do you think emperor snoke is

• Locked thread