Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Zzulu posted:

Hm, this was posted in the wrong thread, still though, I need americans judgement on this pizza

Only Japan puts corn on pizza.
Christ, what an abortion.

dreezy posted:

I loving hate copyright and what it's done to media criticism and analysis. those montages at the end of the clones and sith reviews flawlessly juxtaposed the emotion and magic of the original trilogy with the utter soullessness of the prequels. they're easily the best editing rlm has ever done, exemplars of the film essay format. thank gently caress the moneygrubbing capitalist pigdogs didn't remove the force theme from the end of the ep2 montage and neuter it like they did to ep3. it's absolutely fair use and youtube can suck the poo poo out of my b-hole.

I concur, furthermore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Krinkle posted:

Only Japan puts corn on pizza.
Christ, what an abortion.

It's not unheard of in Israel either, but it's canned sweet corn.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
im v. upset about youtube upload date accuracy.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Libelous Slander posted:

im v. upset about youtube upload date accuracy.

If you're white it's an okay thing to be upset about.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Eat it with your mOUth...

Is the guy who ended up drunk ranting about Mike and Jay on 4chan the third Dudebro? Who is that guy? Isn't he in the Monkey Man video?

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 5, 2016

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I really wanna know how the George Lucas salad thing got started. Seems like an in-joke they really liked and started rolling with.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Zzulu posted:

Well americans, is it american

Too many toppings with conflicting flavors, gets in the way of appreciating the full pizza flavor palette.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Zzulu posted:

Well americans, is it american

Yes. Corn is in everything.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Drunken Baker posted:

The dude who does Achewood was scared off because people were obsessing over his baby.

The dude who does Achewood was scared off when he scammed hundreds of people and goons kept asking him where their money was.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Lurdiak posted:

The dude who does Achewood was scared off when he scammed hundreds of people and goons kept asking him where their money was.

Wasn't that Pictures for Sad Children guy?

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I really wanna know how the George Lucas salad thing got started. Seems like an in-joke they really liked and started rolling with.

watch the David lynch interview where he talks about George trying to get him to direct jedi.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MrSlam posted:

Wasn't that Pictures for Sad Children guy?

No, the Achewood guy set up a monthly subscription thing where'd you get extra content, and then started doing way less content for free to get more people on the monthly subscription. Then he started going months without putting up any new content for anyone, and kept taking orders on his webstore without ever actually sending anything out.

The Pictures for Sad Children guy did a Kickstarter for a book, sent some of the books out but then said he wasn't going to send any more because he didn't like money, and burned the rest of the books.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
someone pointed out one of jays front teeth is stained probably from smoking and now i can't unsee it and keep focusing on it when i watch stuff with him in it.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
someone pointed out that Jay is dop-dead sexy and now I can't stop thinking about his cummies.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

a bone to pick posted:

someone pointed out that Jay is dop-dead sexy and now I can't stop thinking about his cummies.

hot jay cum

yes plz

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Guy Goodbody posted:

No, the Achewood guy set up a monthly subscription thing where'd you get extra content, and then started doing way less content for free to get more people on the monthly subscription. Then he started going months without putting up any new content for anyone, and kept taking orders on his webstore without ever actually sending anything out.

The Pictures for Sad Children guy did a Kickstarter for a book, sent some of the books out but then said he wasn't going to send any more because he didn't like money, and burned the rest of the books.

burned the rest of the books AND sent a video of it to anyone who asked him when they were getting their books

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

CharlestonJew posted:

burned the rest of the books AND sent a video of it to anyone who asked him when they were getting their books

What the gently caress? Was he mentally ill?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I remember back when the first plinkette reviews came out, back in what, 09? 08? anyway, there was the GBS thread and in it some body posted that they were "personal friends" with the guy who did the plinkette videos (whome we all now know and love as mike stolaska).... I wonder what that goon is up to now... and if he was jack all along

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Baronjutter posted:

Wikipedia posted:

In May 2012, John Campbell set up a Kickstarter crowdfunding project to fund production of the second book of Pictures for Sad Children, entitled "Sad Pictures for Children". Some of the perks were outlandish or bizarre, such as Campbell drawing a comic under the influence of DMT, going to the dentist "for the first time in ~8 years" or putting up paste-ups in the donor's city under the risk of being arrested.[4] The campaign succeeded, with $51,615 raised from a goal of $8,000.[4]

On September 19, 2012, Campbell posted an update to the Kickstarter project claiming to have faked depression "for profit".[5][6][7] This post was followed up by a post stating he had "faked faking depression".[5][8]

On February 27, 2014, Campbell posted a final update explaining that 75% of the rewards for supporting the project had been sent out, and that no more would be sent out in the future. Attached was a video of Campbell supposedly "burning one book for every email received asking about the unreceived books", totalling 127 burned copies of the book.[9][10] Campbell claimed that the funds to ship the remaining books were not available.[11] However, in May 2014, Max Temkin, one of the creators of the card game Cards Against Humanity, announced he would send surveys to anyone who paid for a book but hadn't received one, and that he would be paying for the shipping costs.[12] On July 17, Temkin announced books had been shipped to everyone who completed the survey.[13]

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Baronjutter posted:

Probably

"" posted:

John Campbell, creator of the webcomic “Pictures For Sad Children,” raised over $51,615 via Kickstarter for a print collection of his work in 2012. Since the campaign’s completion, he claims to have shipped “75% of Kickstarter rewards to backers” — but he won’t be shipping out any more. In a recent update to his Kickstarter campaign, Campbell posted a video of himself burning 127 of the remaining books — one for each of the messages via social media he has received so far about the late-shipping books, and he’ll burn another one every time he gets another message about a backer not getting their rewards.

Accompanying the video update is a lengthy essay that maligns capitalism and outlines Campbell’s current financial situation (going so far to post screencaps of his online bank balance and PayPal account balance), and passes judgement on the Kickstarter model. Campbell further states that he will not be sending any refunds for those who have not yet received their rewards, telling those seeking a refund to “please contact a fan of my work directly for your money. This is where the money would come from anyway. I am cutting out the middle man.”

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Baronjutter posted:

No it was the first legitimately funny thing he ever did

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
All webcomic "artists" are deeply mentally ill

I mean, they are webcomic artists

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zzulu posted:

All webcomic "artists" are deeply mentally ill

I mean, they are webcomic artists

What about the guy who does Tomo-Chan?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Jay would be attractive if he'd fix his loving teeth

Also I've never seen a webcomic artist without weird issues

Still funny that Markipliers brother is a furry webcomic artist though

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

he'd still be a manlet.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

dreezy posted:

he'd still be a manlet.

How tall is he?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

C-SPAN Caller posted:

dreezy posted:

he'd still be a manlet.

Just a quick reminder that THIS was Jay 14 years ago. Definitely the charmer back in his prime.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

How did his front teeth get so off-kilter that one single tooth is in line with his nose and the rest are rotated inside his mouth??

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Andro Dunos posted:

How did his front teeth get so off-kilter that one single tooth is in line with his nose and the rest are rotated inside his mouth??

tom cruise has center tooth as well. once you see it you will always see it.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
tom cruise is also a manlet.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Jay is 5'2"

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Trunko posted:

Jay is 5'2"

lol

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

could be way worse but the dude is no magazine model that's for sure

proof of concept fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Oct 6, 2016

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

dreezy posted:

tom cruise is also a manlet.

Its cool that you have this one characteristic to latch onto. It makes you seem very secure and not at all fragile

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Boy got a face like a farside cartoon

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Jay is proof there is hope for any goon

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Trunko posted:

Jay is 5'2"

Jeez that Milwaukee diet is hell.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Guy Goodbody posted:

He also let tons of people pre-order a book that was never published. The last few posts he made on the forums were him asking people to not complain about this publicly and instead send him an email so he can sort it all out! (nothing was ever sorted out)

Baronjutter posted:

PFCS writer person lost their marbles entirely. Unsurprisingly from their output, they had always been struggling with serious depression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

Starship troopers loving owns

Why can't they give us big sci-fi war movies
Does Edge of Tomorrow/Pacific Rim not count?

• Locked thread