Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

zen death robot posted:

The iOS app lets you post threads

But I'm hetrosexual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Libelous Slander posted:

I heard on their livestream that Jessi will be back on screen in their next video

Yeah, and her special cameo in the livestream was pretty :eyepop:........um, I don't think that much cleavage is a good idea if you want to get rid of internet wierdos......

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

gently caress off Batman posted:

Well now that she lost a lot of weight, I think it looks quite nice on her.

I guess everyman is intitled to an opinion but its weird when a lady loosed weight in her tumtum but the bosom and hips stay overly large....

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Hell Yeah posted:

would a mod please change the thread title to something that doesn't sound like a thing totalbiscuit would say?

If only we still had a mod who just changed the rlm thread title all day and did literally nothing else.....

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Actually cineD is entertaining to read because they come up with interesting ideas and interact with the movies on a level beyond "this movie was boring" or "epic spider man cameo gave me a nerdgasm"

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Whorelord posted:

plinkett was right, star wars does look like a university admissions poster

Why did they make all the attractive ones cgi cartoons?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
The more I think abouyt the ring theory the more plausible it becomes............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:eyepop:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

dreezy posted:

also the new plinkett video has already reached 1 million views in less than 3 days.

How much does that get them in YouTube checks?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Been thinking about it, and....unfortunately, 10 months is a long time in the world of online media consumption and most of Plinkett’s gripes with the movie are well-trod territory. The first 45 minutes is spent on the Disney buyout and the farfetched “Ring Theory,” all so he can ultimately say Force Awakens is too similar to the A New Hope. He then spends the remainder of the review claiming that diverse representation on film doesn’t matter to kids and people in Star Wars should have sex more, which certainly represents one school of thought.

The criticisms of the producer’s allegiance to the fandom and the Disney-fication of Star Wars are valid, but if Plinkett wants these reviews to have the same bite as the old ones, maybe he should get them out a little sooner. Especially with a whole new Star Wars film waiting around every corner.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Junior Jr. posted:

If you've seen the lineup for the rest of the Star Wars films (including the other anthology stories), I doubt Plinkett's going to cover EVERY film Disney's planning. It'd be too much work to handle, and I don't think you can say that much about Rogue One, because those type of films are just filler for the main event (episodes VII - IX). Like he said, it's all gotten out of hand just like the Marvel films. Also get ready to see tons of merch that either get wasted or end up in bargain stores every year from now on.

But see, here's the thing...nearly 10 months have passed after the film’s box office record-breaking release, the independent-filmmakers-turned-film-reviewers over at Red Letter Media have finally shared Mr. Plinkett’s review of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and it’s nearly as long as the movie itself. If you’re thinking there’s no way a review— even one clocking in at an hour and 45 minutes —can tell you something you haven’t already read about the newest Star Wars installment, you’re mostly right. Still, it has its moments.........................................................................................:twisted:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

FedEx Mercury posted:

The episode 3 review was like two years ago dude.

Maybe he was in a coma

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Are there really posters....ITT... who don't watch the RLM videos exclusively on their website. And also have the RLM website set as their homepage?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
It's a livin'

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
It is a great website

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Chill la Chill posted:

I've only watched RLM relatively recently and only as a youtube channel. There's a website? :psyduck:

and an email newsletter

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

khwarezm posted:

Its kind of cute how everyone hates ewoks but Warwick Davies has become an indispensable part of the Star Wars family regardless.

He's not indispensable to star wars. In fact the series would be better off without his repulsive deformed frame ambling about in some alien costume.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I remember back when the first plinkette reviews came out, back in what, 09? 08? anyway, there was the GBS thread and in it some body posted that they were "personal friends" with the guy who did the plinkette videos (whome we all now know and love as mike stolaska).... I wonder what that goon is up to now... and if he was jack all along

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Baronjutter posted:

What the gently caress? Was he mentally ill?

No it was the first legitimately funny thing he ever did

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Jay is 5'2"

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Boy got a face like a farside cartoon

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Pretty obvious that Luke has turned evil and is the monster man in disguise and Ray will also turn evil and be redeemed by the stormtroopers guy and that the kyle Ren guy will turn good and that Han solo isn't dead

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
They telegraphed that poo poo pretty much entire run time and if you'd have opened your eyes you would have seen it

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
And then turns the gun on herself.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
The Finn character is so great, love that they put a retard pussy coward in the sci fi space adventure. just what this franchise needs

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
The force and jedis are the worst and dullest part of every thing star wars movie every made, search your feelings, you know it's true.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Baronjutter posted:

Is space cop actually funny/worth seeing?

Its not very good because they went with a really annoying "intentionally baaaaad" tone and also mike was horrible and unfunny in it.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Light Gun Man posted:

Then you got fuckin Kyle Katarn making em all look like idiots while simultaneously having even more skills and yet being more likable.

what the heck is a kyle katarm

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Mike's busy getting in shape to win back what's her names heart

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

a bone to pick posted:

Josh: Obscured by pubes

Jack: long 'n skinny

Jay: Your standard affair

Rich: Adorably child-like

Mike: Chronic Whiskey dick

Can a kind hearted mod please mercy kill this thread

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
everyday i dream that i wasnt demodded so i could gad this thread and ban every poster

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Junior Jr. posted:

Just got bored for an hour and a half and did a rough/clean photoshop sketch of Rich Evans's deadpan face.

Um I don't want to hurt your feelings but.... Have you ever actually seen rich Evans?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

MrSlam posted:

Eh gently caress it. Here's my entry into what should become a contest.

good grief!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Schweinhund posted:

Stranger Things is ok but is there even 1 great episode or scene even. It's just likeable characters and 80s nostalgia.

everybody makes a huge deal out of stranger things being a nostalgia-filled epic love letter ro the '80s and it really just isnt.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I'm really pissed about that bad drawing g of rich

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Paladinus posted:

Instead of a witch they should have had a regular old woman. Like maybe the family finds a lodge in the forest, and that old woman lives in its walls. Now that would be interesting to watch. Witches, on the other hand, do not exist in real life, which makes the whole premise of the film very flawed.

counterpoint: they do

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Osric posted:

I find the chemistry more awkward in Half in the Bag when it's just Mike and Jay. Every time Mike disagrees with Jay Jay immediately backpedals like he's gonna get a beating. I don't get it, they must surely realise that disagreement and debate can be more entertaining and interesting for the audience than trying to agree on everything.

I get the feeling that at some point in the distant past Mike established himself as king of their little group of movie nerds and that dynamic has persisted into their videos.

Because he is weak minded

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Or toots mcgibben or flash rocket or groutings kurbbark

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
having empowered minorities such as woman and people with different skin colors in a cartoon movie will revolutionize the world and bring about an new era of peace.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

thoughts and prayers posted:

it's actually not a big deal (at least it shouldn't be) so why are you trying to make it one

"CNN' posted:

Fifty years after "Star Trek" launched a multiracial and multicultural crew into outer space, the "Star Wars" franchise has finally joined the diversity universe. "Rogue One," the latest film set in a galaxy far, far away, boasts a wildly varied cast of human actors -- Asian, Hispanic, African-American, Pakistani.

And in this fraught political moment, such refreshing diversity comes across as a rebuke to President-elect Donald Trump's campaign.

George Lucas' creation has for years been populated by humans who are almost overwhelmingly Caucasian, with the occasional minority thrown in for spice -- Bill Dee Williams as Lando Calrissian in "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi;" Samuel L. Jackson as Mace Windu in "The Phantom Menace," "Attack of the Clones" and "Revenge of the Sith;" and Maori actor Temuera Morrison as Jango Fett in "Attack of the Clones" and Commander Cody in "Revenge of the Sith;" and Jimmy Smits in "Attack of the Clones" and "Revenge of the Sith."

But these earlier, pallid attempts at multi-culturalism don't hold a candle to the range of colors and ethnicities in "Rogue One." The heroes of the film, nearly all members of the Rebel Alliance attempting to steal the plans of the Empire's ominous Death Star, include a Mexican (Diego Luna), Puerto Rican (Smits), Englishwoman (Felicity Jones), African-American (Forest Whitaker), Dane (Mads Mikkelsen), two Chinese men (Wen Jiang and Donnie Yen) and a British/Pakistani/Muslim (Riz Ahmed).

As if to heighten the contrast, the leaders of the Empire -- who include a brilliant CGI rendering of actor Peter Cushing, who died in 1994 and appeared in the original "Star Wars" -- are all preening Caucasian imperialists; you can imagine them goose-stepping around their space ships.

What can we take from this in the age of Trump? Let me count the messages for out President-elect:

1. Please. Don't build that wall. You never know when a Mexican trying to cross the border might save the galaxy. Or at least be a good, hard-working member of society. In "Rogue One," Luna's Captain Cassian is a brave Rebel Alliance leader, willing to go on a suicidal mission to steal the Death Star's plans. He's not one of the Mexicans Trump has described as "bringing drugs, and bringing crime, and they're rapists." And in real life, there are plenty more like him.

2. While we're at it, don't set up a Muslim registry, or ban Muslims from entering the country. Riz Ahmed stars as Bodhi Rook, a former Imperial pilot with whiz-bang technical skills. He's the kind of educated, high tech guy we need more of in this country. So why stigmatize him, or not allow him to work here?

3. See? A diverse group of people really can work together to produce a better society. If nothing else, that's a key subtext in "Rogue One," in which the character's differences are not only put aside, they're barely mentioned. It's one of the most harmonious looks at a rainbow coalition ever put on screen.

I'm not saying any of this was intentional. Given Hollywood production schedules, "Rogue One" was probably in pre-production for a year before it finally went into production in August of last year. That was two months after Donald Trump announced he was running for President, which, at the time, many people took as some sort of cosmic joke.
So it's highly unlikely the filmmakers were thinking of Trump when they made "Rogue One." But its appearance in theaters just one month before Trump assumes the presidency is the height of irony -- an inclusive piece of work that is a slap in the face to the least inclusive president in modern history.

Or you can look at it this way: if Donald Trump has embraced the Dark Side, "Rogue One" is definitely on the side of The Force.

a star war betamax fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

thoughts and prayers posted:

that's not an answer

I'm having laugh at those who think its a big important statement josh

• Locked thread